what's for dinner?

Oooh! I've always wanted to try ostrich! Does it taste anything like a regular burger? I can never find ostrich, though...

Let's see, I had chicken in a half pita with pico de gallo and tortilla chips with beans and lite sour cream.

My husband is making dinner tonight....

Lemon crusted salmon, lobster bisque, salad and asparagus with kiwi and strawberries for dessert. He bought a pizza for a back up in case he burnt something, hehe.

We've been on a thai food kick lately. Our most recent creation was seafood (shrimp and scallops) in a peanut sauce that had a nice kick to it. My little boys weren't overly thrilled with it, but that just means more yummy leftovers for me and my husband!

Cheesy Potato-Chili Gratin

Here is the casserole Jes and Shelley and anyone else interested:

3 Large Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
One 4 ounce can diced green chiles, drained
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp cayenne
1 cup vegan sour cream
2 cups prepared vegetarian chili or store bought
1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375
In a lightly oiled 9 x 13-inch baking dish, layer the potatoes, onions, chiles, sprinkling each layer (2 layers)with some of the salt, basil, chili powder, and cayenne. Cover and bake until the vegetables are tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
Remove from oven and spread the sour cream over the top. Spread the chili over the sour cream and sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, until heated through and bubbly, about 15 min.

And for those of you not vegan, you can use your own sour cream and cheese....:)..I bet you knew that.....:).Carole

RE: Cheesy Potato-Chili Gratin

Yum, that sounds delicious Carole.

Stacy's dinner above sounds fab! Lobster bisque?! Yum!!

Tonight I had london broil on the George Foreman grill
Lite Cesar salad
Broccoli salad
Great Northern Beans
Green Tea

Lori

Donna!

My niece was just telling me about this system. Her & her hubby are thinking of opening one of the stores in their area! It sounds like such a great idea.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I roasted a bunch of veggies day before yesterday: mushrooms, asparagus, rd bell peppers, onion, galic cloves, butternut squash with a sprinkle of herb de provance and 2 tab. olive oil. I have about 3 cups of these veggies left. I'll put them in a soup pot and add 1 cup of both cauliflower and broccoli with 4 c. of chicken broth. Boil for 5 min....bring down to a simmer for another 5-10 mins. Take off heat, add 1/4-1/2 cup ricotta cheese and blend smooth with my wand blender. Makes a delicious creamy vegitable soup!!:9

deb:)

Wow, Deb, that sounds fantastic!!! Another one to write down:)

I had rice and a bean/veggie thing that my SO made last night. It was so yummy.:9

Hubby's out of town and it's dreary and raining and cold here, so we had popcorn and Hot cocoa with marshmallows, of course:9

silly me--edited to say that this is not much help for your recipe quest

Maggie:+ :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.