What was your wedding song?

JES!!!!

Have a Little Faith in Me by John Hiatt is awesome!

So is True Companion by Marc Cohn...

If you want to hear the song...check this out: (A friend's wedding clip-turn your volume up)

http://www.perfectweddingservice.com/video/selenajesseintro.wmv

Just look at the words:

True Companion - Marc Cohn

Baby i've been searching like everybody else
Can't say nothing different about myself
Sometimes i'm an angel
And sometimes i'm cruel
And when it comes to love
I'm just another fool
Yes, i'll climb a mountain
I'm gonna swim the sea
There ain't no act of god girl
Could keep you safe from me
My arms are reaching out
Out across this canyon
I'm asking you to be my true companion
True companion
True companion

So don't you dare and try to walk away
I've got my heart set on our wedding day
I've got this vision of a girl in white
Made my decision that it's you allright
And when i take your hand
I'll watch my heart set sail
I'll take my trembling fingers

And i'll lift up your veil
Then i'll take you home
And with wild abandon
Make love to you just like a true companion
You are my true companion
I got a true companion
True companion

When the years have done irreparable harm
I can see us walking slowly arm in arm
Just like the couple on the corner do
'cause girl i will always be in love with you
And when i look in your eyes
I'll still see that spark
Until the shadows fall
Until the room grows dark
Then when i leave this earth
I'll be with the angels standin'
I'll be out there waiting for my true companion
Just for my true companion
True companion
True companion

Ours was an instrumental from a soundtrack done by Robbie Robertson to the movie "For the Native Americans". The song was called The Vanishing Breed.

Oh Susan!!!!! I love This Must Be The Place!!!!!!!! I told my DJ that was the one song he had to play. We didn't use it as "our song" because my DH didn't know it. Instead we had....um.... is it a bad sign that I can't remember the name of it??:eek: :eek:

I wanted Moondance by Van Morrison or This Must Be The Place by the Talking Heads but we had something else and the name always escapes me.........

Will ask DH.

Not our song, but the song i danced with my father with:
Wind beneath my wings with Bette Midler. I get misty everytime i hear that song....

Got it!! Let It Be Me! DH just told me (embarassed look). It was a good choice. It's an oldie but goodie, and so were we when we got married. :+

Our first date we went to see Top Gun, so we had "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin. I get misty just thinking about it.

Laurie

RE: JES!!!!

I know someone who had that song at their wedding.
I've never been married, and I'm getting up there in years, so it's not looking particularly likely, so I figured an appropriate song if it ever actually happens would be Etta James' "At Last"

RE: JES!!!!

NY25,
At Last was exactly the way I felt when I got married at the age of 45. LOL! And, BTW, I love that song.

Nancy, what sublime taste you have! I knew I liked you for a reason...;-)

Is "Let it Be Me" the one by the Indigo Girls?

Well, Susan, I think we both have sublime taste, that's why we like each other. :+

No, it was by Jerry Butler and Betty Everett. Did the Indigo Girls do the same song? It's an old song from the fifties (like me :+ )

Your right, the music is wonderful...and the music to "Out of Africa" is good too....

From this moment is a very popular wedding song. I must sing that half a dozen times a year at weddings. I really love Shania Twain, especially because she is an alto like me...:) dmd

Whoa, Shelly, that is a really powerful lyric! May I ask why you didn't have dancing at any of your wedding receptions? Feel free not to answer...just wondering...deb:)

Not what we danced to, but our song, which was sung at our wedding, is ``One Hand, One Heart.'' It's going to be sung at our funerals also, since the first verse says ``only death can part us now,'' and the second verse says ``even death can't part us now.''

Shelley - It's so bizarre, it's almost like we share a brain....

I've been married (and divorced) twice, too. I don't remember the first wedding song cuz it was like a million years ago - and the second time I got married at the courthouse.

But "True Companion" by Marc Cohn is an awesome song.

Rascal Flatts has a great song "Bless the Broken Road" that is perfect for me and my boyfriend. Keith Urban has some great ones, too.

I was at a wedding where the groom sang "Shameless" by Garth Brooks to his bride. Total riot!

Angie

"When You Kiss Me" by Shania Twain...it was so perfect for the two of us...we learned a wonderful routine to go with it. Take a look at these words:

When You Kiss Me Lyrics
by Shania Twain

This could be it, I think I'm in love
It's love this time
It just seems to fit, I think I'm in love
This love is mine

I can see you with me when I'm older
All my lonely night are finally over
You took the weight of the world off my
shoulders (the world just goes away)

[chorus:]
Oh, when you kiss me
I know you miss me
and when you're with me
The world just goes away
The way you hold me
The way you show me that you
adore me - oh, when you kiss me
Oh, yeah

You are the one, I think I'm in love
Life has begun

I can see the two of us together
I know I'm gonna be with you forever
Love couldn't be any better

I can see you with me when I'm older
All my lonely nights are finally over
You took the weight of the world off my
shoulders (the world just goes away)

And when you kiss me
I know you miss me
Oh, the world just goes away
When you kiss me

My DH and I learned a wonderful dance to this song...showed everyone that we could dance. At the very end of the song, he spun me out to spin my dress around (on purpose), then he brought me back, kissed my forehead, then we bowed to each other. Whoo, I just got goosebumps remembering that! Thank you for bringing this up!

~Stacie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.