What Tennis Shoes?

hippiechick

Cathe,

I would like to know what type of tennis shoes you prefer to do aerobics and step bench workouts? Do you use a crosstrain shoe? Also, what brands do you prefer?

Thanks!

hippiechick,
I think all feet are different. However, recently I have really liked the skechers. They fit great and their soles seem to last longer than the rest. They are really comfortable and the cushion inside also seems to last longer. I have had mine for over a year and workout on average at least 5 days a week and am just now due for a new pair:)

I also use to be a big nike fan. I personally use a crosstrainer shoe because it is good for everything. I use to wear higher (hi top) type cross-trainers because I have bad ankles. However, once I got the lower kind some of my ankle problems went away. I really think that by using a lower cut shoe I strenghtened the muscles etc. around my tendon.

What type of shoe do you usually work out in?

Pammer

Hi Pammer,

I LOVE Sketchers too, though I don't work out in them. I own the slip-on Sketchers shoes and they are so comfortable ! On a recent trip to New York, I was amazed to see you have Sketchers shops over in the US !!!!!!!!!!! :-wow And your prices are much better than the UK. My slip-ons cost about £40.00s (which is about $60 !!!) That is shipping costs for you !
I work out in a Fila pair, but they are ready for the bin. I also have to buy Men's sneakers because I can't fit my HUGE feet into the largest ladie's size !!!!!!!! And the trouble with Mens trainers is that they are heavier, and the toe end of the sneaker curls up ? Why ? I have no idea ?

Anna

Hi Pammer,

Thanks for your input. Currently I am working out in a New Balance Running shoe. The problem is, during the step workout, my toes feel like they are hitting the end of the shoe. They are kinda narrow at the toe and they don't offer much in the lateral movement stability either. I was thinking of getting a cross-trainer. The Skechers you refered to, are they a crosstraining type of shoe? Is there a web page that I can see what type of shoe you are referring to?

Thanks,
Hippiechick

I like Ryka shoes, go to Ryka.com. For me, their shoes are the best. I just bought the newest model called Supra & I am very happy with them. I find they are the most comfortable for step too. Karen

Karen,

Thanks for the info. I checked out the website and I like those shoes. (Ryka - Supra) I am planning on trying some on this weekend. It looks like Lady Foot Locker carries them.

Thanks,
Hippiechick

Hippie one other place to look is finishline.com (check my spelling, it might be finnishline.com). They have older Ryka sneakers at great prices!!! O.T. Hippie I am a former hippie, still have many of the old hippie tendancies, drives my 17 year old daughter nuts sometimes. Karen

I use New Balance but for Cathe workouts and tennis I use a cross trainer. It has more lateral support. For treadmill or outdoor walking I use New Balance running shoe. I was told to stick with a running shoe for walking because I go a significant distance. (Always greater that 4 miles)

Judy
Live by the golden rule: treat others as yourself :)

Hippiechick

I will look online tonight and see if I see my shoes anywhere. I'm not sure if anyone will have them since I got them a year ago. However, if nothing else I'll see if I can find a model # etc. Does that sound good?

And yes, they are crosstrainers:)

Hopefully I am not too late!

Cheers,
Pammer

Hi Pammer,

Actually, I went yesterday and tried on several styles and I ended up buying the Ryka Supra. They were really comfortable on my feet. I really appreciate your information and ideas.

Thanks,
Hippiechick

I love new Balance shoes. My feet are so odd--very long (11) and very narrow (AAA). So, when I find a pair I like; I buy 6 pairs. Murph

I only use cross-trainers for step and other aerobics. Running shoes are really only intending for running because they lack lateral support, and thus aren't the best for stepping.
I own sketchers but don't work out in them because I was told they weren't designed for aerobics. Am I wrong on this?
Cari

Hippiechick,

I use the New Balance 745. They have Abzorb in the sole which supposedly provides more cushioning. I use them for all my workouts (5-6 days a week) and the only complaint I have is that the lateral support on the outside of the shoe is a little weak.

It's hard for me to find shoes too because I don't buy or wear leather.

Ladychimpion :D

Hi Hippiechick:

What I love about the Ryka Supra's is that you can get them in solid black. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get good aerobic shoes in black?

So, of course I had to break the bank and buy 2 pairs, didn't I?
I'm very pleased with them and when they wear out from aerobics, I recycle them for walking.

Patricia (HippieHen -- too old to be a chick)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.