what so special about Muscle max

sharona

Cathlete
betweem the slow&heavy series and the gym style series where is muscle max? do i need it if i want to buy the s&h series?

thank u

sharona

Muscle Max in kind of like a whole-body version (condensed) of the Gym Styles. I really like it, but I definitely put longer breaks between body parts to make it more of a strength workout.

S&H is very unlike every other Cathe workout. It is the most (only?) strength-based (vs. endurance) work she has, and has the longest rest periods (required when lifting heavy and/or for strength).

MMax is a comprehensive lower/upper body workout. It's great! Plus, I like to use the all upper body premix or the timesaver when needed. If you like Gym Styles, you will like this too.

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

I Love Muscle Max. I think it is my favorite of all Cathe's total body strength videos.

It is challenging and I love the use of the resistance band and the plie' squats done with the dumbbells.

And I almost forgot -- I love the soundtrack. The music from the "Hard Core" series is my favorite.

Also, the abdominal routine in Muscle Max is among my favorites in Cathe's vast array of ab / core workouts. Nothing fancy, but fewer drills with longer sets. My abs always bark at the end.

Slow and Heavy is very, very good as well. Sharona, if you can swing it financially, consider getting both so that you'll have a complete split-set series with Slow and Heavy AND a one-hour (or so) total body workout with Muscle Max.

A-Jock

thank u all i think i could 'swing it' and i buy the muscle max too.im thinking that when i will get all my order it will a week of doing nothing just to watch the dvd's and not to get so high;-)

sharona:)

>I Love Muscle Max. I think it is my favorite of all Cathe's
>total body strength videos.
>
>It is challenging and I love the use of the resistance band
>and the plie' squats done with the dumbbells.
>
>And I almost forgot -- I love the soundtrack. The music from
>the "Hard Core" series is my favorite.
>
>

Ditto everything you said! This is my favorite total body workout of all time! :)

Jo

I actually find that I tend to reach for Muscle Max more than S&H. I do it once a week then a heavy upper body once and a heavy lower body once, that way each body part gets worked twice a week.

I definaltey agree with everythind Kathryn said. I too take longer rests between sets in Muscle Max to make it more of a muscle building and concetrated workout. thats why I love the S&H series so much

HTH!
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Muscle Max is an awesome workout. It's one of those "Hey, this isn't so bad" workouts until the next day. THEN you realize how hard you worked. }(

MM gives you a full body work out in a reasonable time. It covers the bases in one work out. Days I am just doing upper body, I omit the ab and lower leg portions. Here's list of the routine (reps omitted). I print this out and add in the weights I use as I go along. You can copy and paste it.

MUSCLEMAX

SQUATS

LUNGES

PUSH UPS

CHEST FLIES

PUSH UPS

UNDERHAND ROW

ONE ARM ROW

PULLOVERS

STEP UPS

PLIE SQUATS

STANDING LAT RAISES

UPRIGHT DUMBBELL ROW

FRONT RAISE/REAR DELT SQUEEZE

BICEPS CURLS

1/2 CURLS

SEATED OVERHEAD PRESS

DIPS

TRICEPS KICKBACKS

Good luck.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.