What size weights does Cathe use?

Annabell

What size weights does Cathe use? What is the heaviest, 15 or 20? How heavy do you go for bicep curls?

Just wondering! I heard someone say females shouldn't go over 15 for anything (including back and chest), but I figured I'd ask Cathe! :O)
A

I know that in power hour she uses 40 pounds for squats, biceps, she has 15, the rest of it varies.but I would imagine a women in her shape probably uses more then that.Maybe she doesn't use to much in her tapes so that she actually can talk to us while she is lifting.I usually use 20 for barbell and sometimes I will use 15/20 pound weights for bicep curls and for my back.For my chest it is usually 30 pounds. or 2 15 pound dumbells.20 barbell for triceps extensions and only 5/8 for kick backs.
I don't think that there is such a thing ,in what we shouldn't lift.Lift whatever you feel comfortable with, and depending on what your goals are you may want to lift more or less.I always increase my weight load when it gets to easy , if you don't your muscles don't get challenged.

Lori

Lift as much as you can safely and effectively lift with good form, for the number of reps on the video. I use 30 dumbells for S/H Chest, and I am not huge.

Cathe often uses 25 or 20 lb dumbells for upper body. For lower body she uses as much as a 50 lb barbell, although of course she is strong enough for more.

You, and only you, can determine the right weight. There are no maximums, just what is working for you at any point in time, and that can vary from day to day.

I think that one of my proudest moments finally came when I could match Cathe's weights on all of the workouts. It was a long time coming, but wow did it feel good!

LOL!!!!

Wow, no offense, but your post made me laugh Annabell!!! For sure women can go heavier than 25lbs. And as you can see on Cathe, it won't make you look like a he/she person!! Activegirl....I strive to be able to lift Cathe's #age. Using 20lb'ers for chest flies seems like it would be tough. I am getting ready to up to 15...maybe one day!!!

I believe Cathe uses 20 pound dumbbells for the first set of flyes in MIS. The first time I tried this much poundage I felt like my armpits were ripping out. I went down to 15 pounders and increased it slowly to 17 1/2 using plate mates. One of these days I will work up the courage to go to the 20's.

Marlene

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.