What kinds of protein bars to you all like?

I like to eat pria chocolate mint bars. They are great if I am on the run or I want chocolate. I don't eat them all the time. But, they are a nice treat.

Kathy,
You mean the Pria Complete Nutrtion bars and the Mint Chocolate flavor. My Mom gets those, but I still eat some too. They taste soo good:9

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Every once in a while, I'll get a Lunabar--I've only had 2 but I loved them--the chocolate peppermint and the peanut butter cookie. Yum! I love how it's all natural everything and no fake sweateners.

Kathryn-i just wanted to tell you that you have me hooked on larabars. i really try to limit myself to one a day but i don't feel bad about eating them since there isn't anything "extra" added to them. now if i could just find a replacement for chocolate:)

> now if i could just find a
>replacement for chocolate:)

Do you really want one? LOL!

There is carob.
There is also raw chocolat, with no added 'stuff,'that contains all the antioxidant benefits of chocolat. I've gotten the cocoa nibs from www.rawfood.com , and while it is bitter on its own, it doesn't taste bitter when sprinkled on top of some vanilla soy 'ice cream.'!
}(

There is a new bar out called "Organic Foodbar: Protein,' with 25 gm. of protein from almond butter and rice protein . It's 80% raw food based, and would probably be one of the healthiest 'protein bars' out there (can't vouch for how it tastes, though, since I've never tried it). It's very new, so may not be available in many places yet. Odds are www.veganessentials.com will carry it when it comes out.

I love LARA bars and Cliff Builder bars.The lara bars are so simple in their ingredients but ever so satisfying .I like to have one with a plain ol' grilled chicken breast or a plain nonfat latte.Cliff builders are filling and have no trans fats which is nice as well as as a good portion of protein.They are pretty tasty too!!:p

Hi there,
I'm a vegan and love Vega bars, and simply bars. I'm not sure simply is available in the US or not, a client of mine created them. They are low calorie, lower fat, and all protein!

www.wellnessfoods.ca

have a look,
Steph

YUMMMMM....

Kathryn you did it again ;) Life will never be the same now that I tried a Lara bar! DELICIOUS!

I'm phase 1 of p90x so it doesn't really fit in right now! I figured I swapped the fruit for the carbohydrate on those 2 days!

I had the cherry pie... Yummm.

BTW I'm LOVING the X. I swear (start week 4 tomorrow), I'm already getting very toned- the rotation is a work of genius. Over 2 years with my sons issues etc I gained 5 lbs (not a big deal in the scheme of things but I've lost 4). I've NEVER worked so hard in my life and never eaten so much. The protein drinks are incredibly good too!

Ok sorry this isn't a p90x thread ;) I find myself talking about it alot!

>Kathryn you did it again ;) Life will never be the same now
>that I tried a Lara bar! DELICIOUS!

>I had the cherry pie... Yummm.
Glad you like them! Cherry pie is one of my favorites (Pecan pie and Chocolate coconut are good, too...in fact, I haven't met a Larbar I didn't like!)

And I didn't follow the P90X diet plan at all when I did P90X, I just ate a bit cleaner, and I got good results.

>BTW I'm LOVING the X. I swear (start week 4 tomorrow), I'm
>already getting very toned- the rotation is a work of genius.

Tony and P90X taught me a lot about rotations, and about the importance of recovery and crosstraining, and varying intensities. I wish he'd come out with 3 or 4 add-ons, though, to fill out that DVD wallet! I'd love to see another upper-body split and lower body from him.

I really like his Sculpt 5-6 from P90 Masters. Mostly upper body with some lower body (that's how I consider it, anyway), and his very effective circuit-style set-up.

>Ok sorry this isn't a p90x thread ;) I find myself talking
>about it alot!

As far as I'm concerned, ANY thread can be a P90X thread.;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.