what kind of floor ?

mabel

Cathlete
Hallo,

What kind of floor is the best to use during a workout
I have only a tile floor,is that to hard
or is it possilbe to put something underneath the step.

Anja

Hi Anja,

Until Christmas time, I had been doing all my workouts in my basement-on a cement floor. A tile floor wouldn't be much better. I received some puzzle mats that have been working great for me. They are made by York and are 24" x 24" and I have 25 put together in a big square in my workout area. It has made a huge difference.

I definitely suggest some kind of padding under your step.

Diana

We just put in a hardwood floor this past weekend. I bought puzzle mats and they slip. Monday I did SJP and with all the slipping I thought my back was going to get out of wack. Anyone have suggestions on how to keep the puzzle mats from slipping on the hardwood?

Thank you!

Laurie

I would think that the thin rubber rug grip would work fine, it's usually sold in a roll that can be cut to size or in pre-cut rug sizes (6x9, 8x10, etc.). I've seen it at Walmart, but it should be sold at any place that sells area rugs.

HTH

Ditto Diana,

I bought the puzzle mats at Lowes and what a difference it has made. I have indoor/outdoor carpet over cement.
Dawn

Okay...been thinkin' here. Thought the Reebok Shox were too expensive but wondering if that would offset my concret floor covered with the best padding and then carpet? What does anyone think?

Sam

I went to WalMart and purchased the rug gripper pad. I bought the large size and put it under the puzzle mats. This morning I got up and did Step Blast and it didn't move at all! Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Laurie

Is anyone having a problem slipping ON the puzzle pads? I'm finding that my feet slip when I'm wearing sneakers.

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find puzzle mats ,in Europa
that wil be big enough for a step workout.
How big wil that be?

Alei.

Hello,

I just bought a puzzle mat on Ebay for € 4,00 > 36 pieces
I hope it will be big enough and I can use it when I do one of the
workouts.

Anja

Is anyone having a problem slipping ON the puzzle pads? I'm finding that my feet slip when I'm wearing sneakers.

ruppie

My puzzle mats were slippery at first but I scrubbed them and it helped some. Eventually it wore off. I bought my puzzle mats, new shoes, and the Step Co step all at the same time and couldn't figure out what the problem was! It was the puzzle mats!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.