what is your favorite movie quote???

I've got two:

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." (The Princess Bride)

"Dyin's a hard way to make a living." (Outlaw Josie Wales)

There are a multitude of excellent quotes from both movies.

Donna the quote from The Princess Bride is one of my husband's favorite quotes. He also likes "I coulda been a contender, I coulda been somebody" Marlon Brando from On the Waterfront (i think), he knows the whole dialogue.

I like "go ahead punk, make my day" I can't wait to use that on my boys when they are older. (just kidding)

Lori

"I'm not crazy! I've just been in a very bad mood for forty years!

Ouisa Boudreaux

"Time marches on and sooner or later you realize it it marchin across your face!"

Steel Magnolias

anything from As Good As It Gets..especially Melvin Udall (J. Nicholson)

"People who talk in metaphores should shampoo my crotch!" ROFLMAO

melvin :eek:

jes

Lori - you're husband probably doesn't do this, but I always get a little teary when Inigo FINALLY is able to say that to the six-fingered man and when the SFM says he'll give him anything to spare his life, Inigo says, "I want my father back, you son-of-a-bitch". It's very touching to me.

My Josie Wales quote was wrong. It's actually, "Dyin' ain't much of a living." I KNEW it didn't sound right when I was typing it out.

Referring to billboard: "If I told them once, I told them a hundred times.... Spinal Tap first, 'Puppet show' last".
-from "This Is Spinal Tap"

Maybe not my favorite of all time, but definitely the favorite one I heard this week.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.
The Shawshank Redemption

It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything.
Tyler Durden, Fight Club

The things you own end up owning you.
Also from Fight Club

Melissa

I have a lot of favorite quotes. Some of my favorites are
Steel Magnolias : ( he is so confused, he doesn't know if he should wind his but or scratch his watch)
Rose Red : ( First day of camp must me a tough time in the waterman house) and (Don't forget to wash your hands Emers, especially if you move your bowels.) and another one ( I am your dream girl )
Me and my daughter play games with movie quotes all the time and get a laugh out of it.

"....but this one goes to eleven" - from This is Spinal Tap (thanks for reminding me, Nancy!);

and not from a movie, but from the BBC show Absolutely Fabulous:
"Those skinny bitches will finally achieve their goal weight two weeks after they're dead!" (Patsy)

Sandra

"Shhh! You smell something?" from "Ghostbusters"

"Where's your other hand?" "Between two pillows". "Those aren't PILLOWS!!" from "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"

Carol
:)

Let's see if I can get this right..."you maybe younger and faster, but I'm older and have more insurance." Fried Green Tomatoes.

And of course from my Terminator movies..."I'll be back" and "Asta la vista baby." I have no idea how to spell that.

"I've been to a town." - Robert Redford in Jeremiah Johnson.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, & I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." - Jimmy Stewart in Harvey.

Ruth:)

"I thought it (marriage) was a life sentence, but the nice judge gave me a reprieve" Katherine Hepburn "The Philidelphia Story"

"That's tough talk for a one eyed fat man" from True Grit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.