What is your favorite/least favorite body part to work?

fargomom

Cathlete
My favorite is a tie between shoulders and biceps. My upper body responds well to weight lifting and I notice definition in those areas first. Lower body? Ehhh. Not so much. So I don't necessarily dislike working my legs, but I sure wish I could see the payoff faster. Abs is probably my least favorite right now, perhaps because it needs the most work. Although there was once a time when it made my top 3. Triceps? Definitely at the bottom of my list and probably staying at the bottom of the list forever. :p I always want to rush through Cathe's tricep work. No surprise there because this is by far my weakest area in terms of how much I can lift. Gah!

What's your favorite body part to work and why? Everyone is so different - body type, tastes, etc - so I'm sure there will be a myriad of responses!

I love squats!!!!!!! because that gives me the strength to do my sport(s) (mountainbiking and skiing). I like to work every part of my body, so this is hard, but if I had to be pinned to something, it would probably be my abs (but I like ab work). Can I say stretching? I suppose that doesn't count.

I love working legs and hate doing concentrated Ab work such as crunches. I prefer exercises that help u engage your core without doing traditional Ab work.

Hi Kara,

Mine is a mixture of every response here. I LOVE LOVE leg work (maybe cuz' I can lift heavy so I feel like a champ). Dislike traditional ab work like crunches, but I like working my core with planks. I'm with you on triceps, I also rush through them BUT I should focus on them more since toned triceps look great in tank tops (I'm trying, they are my weak point). LOVE Bi's, shoulder's and chest :).

Natasha

I have always disliked leg work. It's the only "type" of exercise I avoid. Luckly for me, my lower body has never been a problem area so my running workouts are all I really need to keep it toned and in shape. My favorite is probably bicpes, tris, or shoulders.

Love working the lower body! Glutes, hamstrings are my favorite. I also like working shoulders and back.
My least favorite: CHEST! I totally have to force myself to do those exercises...push ups are my least favorite exercise but I do 'em anyway.
I used to love working abs but lately I just can't seem to find the time to really do some dedicated ab work.

I must be strange -- I love to work my triceps and biceps. I love the results of working them, I guess. My least favorite is calf work. It's all good for us though.

I hate working shoulders now! I have shoulder problems on both sides when the issues flare, it's damn near impossible to do any UB work, let alone the exercises I need to strengthen them.

I used to love working biceps, triceps, back, and chest but again with the shoulder issues all of those are now impacted. The back I don't rows as easily or as heavy. Chest has to be cut down because it's over developed and is making the shoulder problems worse. I have bicep tendonitis from (a) years of heavy lifting and (b) the shoulder when it flares, pulls the tendons making the tedonitis worse. My poor triceps can't get worked as hard for the same reasons.

Damn shoulders!

I used to love working legs, then hated them, and now I am starting to enjoy them again. Maybe it's because it's one of the few areas I'm still allowed to exercise. I'm an hourglass so my body is very evenly built. I have 16 inch calves and some great arm guns. I wouldn't trade my thick calves for the world. i get guys complimenting my calves at the gym all of the time- makes them jealous! he he :D

Least Favorite- Shoulders. Obviously, I'm in the minority here, because a lot of you like it. I love what shoulder work does for how I look, but I have such a hard time relaxing my neck, and something about the burn of it is just torture for me. Close second would be abs, like someone else said, I always feel like puking.

Favorite- Biceps. Makes me feel tough :D Second favorite would be chest, though I prefer flyes and presses to push ups.

my favorite would be chest and legs, just b/c i would love to be able to just pump out a butt load of push-ups.....right now i can do quite a few, but then i watch cathe and crew and it makes it seem like what i can do is miniscule.....lol.....so i like to develop strength in that area so i can do more and more....and i like legs just b/c my legs are very strong:)

my least favorite would be abs and calves....b/c my calves are developed enough and my abs just b/c it's not an exciting area to work for me....lol....i know that's a weird reason but that's what it is....lol:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.