What is Body Pump?

wutherhi

Cathlete
I've wondered about this forever. What IS Body Pump? I keep hearing people on VF talk about trading for the Body Pump video, but I can't find any info on it. I thought it was a type of training/certification.

Shari

Bodypump is a set resistance training program(45 to 60 minute non-impact) for the whole body! Equipment used is barbells and adjustable weights! Each music track played , a muscle group is worked! So you have to adjust your weights accordingly -light to moderate due to bodypump's high repetitions (each muscle group is worked for about 5 minutes) The stretching takes place between tracks ( you do have a cool down section too). You use the barbell for a warmup doing a series of squats,lunges,presses and curls and then move on to the program that starts working the larger muscles of the legs,chest, back, then the smaller muscles of the arms, the biceps,triceps and shoulders. Then the legs are worked again before the abs and of course the cooldown! As you can see Bodypump can be very repetitive as far as the workout guidelines go but it has been deliberately choreographed with the simplest of moves so that it appeals to both men and woman! No excuses for weight training! Even the choreographically challenged can do this and self regulate their weights ! If you are interested in a bodypump style workout- Cathe has POWERHOUR ! ( a must have to get it all done in an hour or if you love Bodypump workouts) If you are interested in locating a club that teaches bodypump in your area go to www.bodytrainingsystems.com click on clubs on the upper right hand corner and then put your city and state in! Viola, hopefully you have a list to choose from!HTH Take care

Thank you all so much! I DO have Power Hour and love . . no hate . . . no love . . . yes, LOVE it! Unfortunately, all the links are dead. Hmmm. Maybe it's just a bad day for the Body Pump websites.

Collage video has BodyPump in VHS. I would love DVD, but they do not have one now. I don't think they make them yet. I am going to order it. I like having a variety of full body weight workouts for days when I want to fit everything in! Looks fun!

www.collagevideo.com

Janice

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.