What else is like Afterburn or Athletic Training

susanzabo

Cathlete
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these workouts, they kick my butt (afterburn more than AT) and I love how I feel when I finish them.

Today I did AT for the first time, but since I like to work out at least 60 minutes, I did 2 consecutive rounds of the step. Probably should have saved the 2nd step for the end as I was regretting it once the squats with weights started.. but I survived.

What other workouts are on par with these (Cathe or non-Cathe). I am not so concerned about the low impact (I sometimes add in high-impact versions of the moves) but I am concerned about the intensity. I want something as INTENSE!

Susan

I also vote for Intensity, all the IMAX's (especially 3), Hiit's, oh and my personal fav CCC. All very intense, all very high impact. Wonderful cardio workouts.

I'll add Drill Max to this list. LOVE that one! It keeps my right at my threshold the whole time, never over it like HIIT, Imaxes and Intensity do. I love being pushed over the line, but sometimes it's really nice to ride it the whole time.

Thanks everyone. I agree the IMAXs match the intensity. I like the constant shift of activity more in AT and Afterburn. Boot camp is probably spot on. I haven't done Drill Max in a long while. Last time I did it, I ruptured one of the discs in my back doing one of the pushups (dive bombers if I remember correctly). It's been nearly 2 years, I should get over my fear, and skip those push ups of course!

Susan

I would say Drill Max is most similar - cardio, leg and upper body all mixed in an intense circuit workout. The impact is higher - but lot's of fun.

A few more options!

Body Max 2 is one of my favorite workouts because of the premix options.

Some votes for Low Impact Circuit, High Step Challenge & High Step Training. Oh how I love circuit training, might need to do a circuit rotation after I finish the 3 month STS/LIS Transformation Rotation.

Lisa

Also check out Mike Donavanik's Extreme Burn, Patrick Goudeau's Lean, Hot Body and Extreme Calorie Burn, Hard Work Conditioning 1 and 2, also Paul Katami, 4 by 4 Bootcamp, and most anything else he puts out, Burn and Build, etc.

All these are on a par with Cathe and will give you a run for your money.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.