What DVD player to buy?

Emi

I have all of Cathe VHS tapes and after reading how grate the dvds are, I went ahead and pre ordered her new ones.
Now I have to buy a dvd player, but what kind?
Can somebody help?
Thanks!!
Emi

Not sure what to tell you here, depends on what you're looking for. How much are you planning to spend? What features do you want? Programmable? Multi-disc changer? There's a section at the Videofitness website that kind of discusses some various models of DVD (although I'm not sure how dated it is) - I would take a look there, it may be of some help to you.

I have a JVC single disc DVD player and I'm very happy with it! It cost around 150 if I recall correctly, but you can definitely get one cheaper than that. I have always had very good luck with JVC components. I can tell you that for me, working out to DVD's is INFINITELY better than VHS... just easier to control and move about in the workouts.

Thanks Lizzie!
I want a multi disc that can be programed to play more than one dvd.
Can you program the single one to play varios parts of your Cathe dvd?
As you can see I am not very smart about electronics and the people at the stores are not able to answer my questions.
I have a single dvd from Pioneer (I have yet to check to see if it can be programedthe way I want)but it is in the formal living room and the new one I want is for my workout room.
I will check the VF site.

Thanks so much for your help.

Emi

Hi, I have a Pioneer 5-Disc DVD player. It will hold 5 DVDs at one time and you can program anywhere from 1 DVD to all 5 DVDs to make a workout. I think it cost around $400, but should be cheaper now. It takes a little time to program a workout if you're using a lot of different sections, but it can be fun.

Oh boy, I hear ya about sales people being no help! And I'm not too saavy with my electronic devices either, which is why I have a pretty basic player that is not programmable. I do think it would be so awesome to have a multi-disc changer though... then we could have all those new Intensity discs in at once! ;-)

Anyway, good luck to you!

Consumer Reports rated several DVDs as excellent -- one of them was Toshiba SD-2805. It's a 5 disk player (DVD/CD/MP3)... programmable across disks (that's what you want for Cathe, just in case you want to program across multiple disks). We got it for my in-laws for Xmas at amazon for $99 + shipping.

I have a Phillips 5-disc changer and it can do everything. I especially like it because you can put it in slow motion, which is great when learning some of Cathe's trickier moves. I think it cost me around $200.

Another that programs across disks in the [link:www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-z6eXwDWuoeP/ProdView.asp?a=0&s=0&g=54500&id=detailed_info&i=158DVC615B|Sony DVP NC-615]. Under $200. Good set of features for the price.

Thanks you all!!
I will check on those names you gave me and tomorrow I am going shopping.
Emi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.