what dvd now?

erin1621

Cathlete
So I had a baby 4 m ago. I bought all of cathe beginner DVDs, step and 3,5,10lbs dumbbells, ball and stretch bands. Time has definitely been an issue with two lo. But I seem to most enjoy cardio fusion. I get a really good sweat n I get some strength training all in one! I can't commit to training separate body parts yet because I worry I couldn't get to consistantly yet. Anyone have a good DVD recommendation that could be a one in all DVD to get rid of the baby weight???

Hi! I love kettlebell workouts because you get a great cardio and strength workout in about 30 minutes. They work the core the whole time too, and that is a plus when you are trying to lose baby weight. There's been some discussion on the open forum about various KB workouts. If you are interested, check it out.

As for Cathe workouts that deliver all that you want...I suggest Bodymax 2 and Drillmax. Butts and Gutts is good too, but not focused on upper body. I've also tried the 4 Day Split in the past, and that was a good set. Good luck!

If you want just strength, I highly recommend Muscle Max. It's my go-to total body strength routine and has been for years.

If you want a cardio component in there, I just picked up Jackie Warner's Xtreme Timesaver Training, and it's great! I've been working out with Cathe for years (also TaeBo) and consider myself in pretty good shape. That one kicked my butt, and it's all done in 30 minutes.

Other total bodies for cardio+strength: Low Impact Circuit, Drill Max, High Step Challenge (a favorite!) and High Step Training

Good luck!

So I had a baby 4 m ago. I bought all of cathe beginner DVDs, step and 3,5,10lbs dumbbells, ball and stretch bands. Time has definitely been an issue with two lo. But I seem to most enjoy cardio fusion. I get a really good sweat n I get some strength training all in one! I can't commit to training separate body parts yet because I worry I couldn't get to consistantly yet. Anyone have a good DVD recommendation that could be a one in all DVD to get rid of the baby weight???

Erin, I could be wrong here, but it just sounds like you need to keep at it. The weight will come off in time. If I'm reading what you wrote right, it sounds like you are inconsistent in exercising (understandably). That is HUGE when it comes to weight loss. Consistency is key. It doesn't matter what particular exercise you are doing. You have got some great suggestions though. Try to gradually increase the length of time of your workout and put more oomphf into it! LOL. If you want a true challenge try 'Hardcore Extreme' any of the Imaxes and Bodymaxes. Do them once a week -- you will see a change.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.