What does everyone do for work?

I am a research technician in a lab studying parkinson's disease. We seem to be making some progress, but I spend way too much at the lab working and working out. I think its fall outside.

It looks as if we have a very diverse group of people on this forum.

I am general manager of a bagel shop and use Cathe to counteract the effect of working in that yummy enviroment all day long. Donna

I'm a fitness instructor and trainer. I teach a few classes a week and that allows me to be at home more with my family.

Another NP here... Women's Health Care NP.

At this time, I am a SAHM... considering a Maternity clinical instructor assignment in Feb/March.

Autumn

Edited for my spelling. ;)

I juggle a few 'jobs'. My most challenging is homeschooling my 11 year old boy (I have 2 teenagers also.) As I used to be an Administrative Assistant before kids our church hires me to do Admin/Computer stuff 20 hrs/week but by far my most fav job is my own pet-sitting business! I will board in my house or pop in to people's houses! Way too much fun! I almost feel guilty taking people's money!:) I wish I would have discovered this years ago and not spent so much $$$ on education!

I do QA (Quality Assurance) for a very large computer corp. My day involves reviewing what everyone else is doing and writing reports on it. Not a very "friendly" job, I'm afraid....most people resent the intrusion. They realize it's part of our contractual agreement with our customer (the FAA) so they just grin and tolerate it most of the time. :D

Kathy G

Wow...lot's in the medical field! Cool, and the SAHM...you ladies are awesome...:) I have been a manicurist for almost 15 years. I love my job and it gives me the extra time for working out...and marathon training! Before that I was in banking for 11 years, got to be too much SELL,SELL,SELL for me...

I also am with Nancy for the coffee habit.....:)...Carole

I am a professional shopper...Just kidding!! That's the job description my husband gave me. I just left banking as well. I was there for 6 years and I agree about the selling thing. That's one of the reasons I left. I am a SAHM now..It's definitely a change for me, but I do love being here with my kids.

Aila:)

I am a Software Engineer by trade (for the last 22 years), but am currently a Vice President of a software company.

Working out with Cathe keeps me sane and keeps my stress level down. It's all about balance! :) :)

Jo

Wow, you guys are all very impressive! We have such a diverse group don't we?:)

I am the Senior Veterinary Technician at a small animal hospital. I've worked there for approximately 12 years. I consider myself very lucky as all of my friends work there with me.

There is a fun part to the job, obviously. Puppies, kittens, exotics. But the true test is whether you can stomach doing things to a terrified dog because you know it has to be done, and you also know the dog doesn't know why you're hurting it or scaring it. It can be pretty heartbreaking. The patients we lose...one or two of them will never leave my memory. Holding a shaking dog so he can be euthanized...and the beloved owner not there. (Oh, I just can't take it, I just can't deal with that.) x(

However, for the most part we have wonderful clients, most of whom have been coming to our hospital for many years. The patients, of course, vary! There are golden retrievers who come bounding in, wriggling the whole body while wagging the tail, smiling, happy...play with me! Pet me! Then there are dogs I wouldn't walk up to if you paid me a fortune. Most of the bad ones aren't really bad...just scared. But dangerous! You have to know how to read very subtle signs as to their intention.

Well, I could go on & on, but I won't subject you to any more!;-) Suffice it to say, the good out-weighs the bad & besides, I firmly believe a shift at the hospital should equal one workout.:p
Hey, we pick up 75 pound dogs!

Ruth:7

Before kids I was a Respiratory Therapist and Respiratory Therapy Instructor. Now I am SAHM and Fly baby! Been exercising most if my life! (except a few years when My kids were really little)

I was also a licensed cosmetolgist before kids.
Judy
AKA "Likes2bfit"
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

http://groups.msn.com/CatheAddicts/jafitmamalikes2bfitfamily.msnw?Page=1

Hi

I'm a Graphic Designer... I design company brochures, websites, logos etc. It's a great job - very creative so it suits me down to the ground.

Only bad side is I'm stuck behind a computer for most of the day so have to rely on Cathe to shift those extra pounds and get me active!

Andrea

Sandra - that IS freaky! If you happen to see a rather tall woman with blondish hair, named Jacqui Frair, tell her Donna says "HI!" She's very cool.

I'm a "displaced" editor and proofreader, and the area I moved to 5 years ago has no publshing houses. So I took up doing medical transcription instead. Luckily it's part time; otherwise, all that sitting would certainly show up in the hindquarters! But Cathe takes care of that for all of us!
Susan G

I'm a legal secretary and have been one since 1985. Worked at a corporate office for 15 yrs., and presently working at a large law firm since 2000. The job is ok, but I'm getting a little burnt out.

I teach a class three times a week on strength training & muscle endurance and I REALLY enjoy working with people whose never been to a gym or don't know how to workout properly, but b/c our gym is fairly new, I still have to work.....(sigh):-( .

Haydee

Hi there,

I don't post much.. actually I'm not sure I've posted before at all. =) I'm a restaurant manager who is currently getting her masters degree in Human Resource Management. Managing a restaurant is not glamorous, but it is exciting and crazy. Every day is different. I also use working out as a way to counteract the food I'm exposed to every day. It's tough. I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary of not smoking. I use to workout all the time, but other priorities took over. When I quit smoking I vowed to get in shape again and not gain weight. Here I am.... Healthier and happier than I was 10yrs ago.

I work crazy hours too so trying to get a workout in some days while going to school can be tricky. Other stats... No kids, 1 dog, and a husband. More than you wanted to know huh? }(

Theresa :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.