what do you'll think about bootcamp?

msfrost1

Hi,

I just wanted to know what you'll think about bootcamp? Has anyone had any success with it or any weight lose? I'm new with cathe, so I ordered powerhour and bootcamp dvd. So far, I think I like bootcamp the best, because I can program it to my need. I haven't done it long enough to see any results yet. Just wanted to know your input.

Meverllyn

"In HIS awesome grip"

Meverllyn, I'm not thrilled with Bootcamp, but I don't have the DVD so I can't program all those cool combinations. I love power hour, but tend to do upper body/lower body on alternate days so I haven't been fitting it in like I used to. One day when I am completely transitioned into the world of DVD, I too will probably find a use for Bootcamp. Hope someone else can let you know what results they have had, I'd be interested as well.

Briee (in His awesome grip, TOO :7 :7 :7 :7 )

Just wanted to say that I LOVE Bootcamp! I really enjoy how it keeps going from one thing to the next. Perfect for doing if you have had to take a few days off. I find that it shakes things up if you are on a plateau.

I think Bootcamp is HARD! I continue to struggle with it. I think it's because the direction is switching constantly... one minute (literally) you're on the floor dripping sweat from your nose doing pushups, the next minutes you're flying (or trying) through the air with airborne jacks. Youch! But I always, ALWAYS feel thoroughly worked out after this one. I do Imax 2 w/out modifications all the way through at least once a week, and yet Bootcamp still leaves me breathless.

I also think that Bootcamp is HARD. I find this workout to be the toughest of all of them (including MIC and IMax 1&2). I am able to do the entire thing without any mods (except for the plank work), and am certainly breathing hard during the end of it.

I have to agree with the last two posts. I LOVE Cathe's workouts but this one and me just don't always jive. I probably only pull it out once or twice a month. I always do the ab section at the end and that has really helped me to like it more. It's the hardest one for me. The rest of the Intensity Series tapes I am crazy about and do ALL the time.

Anyway can't wait for the BB series to arrive. I have a feeling the new step tape will be awesome. If I remember right, Cathe wanted to do an all step tape with the Intensity Series. I bet she had some awesome moves put together then and added others to make this step tape great. Obviously, I'm partial and think all of her step tapes are great. :7 .....Sami

I LOVE Bootcamp! I do it once a week in my current rotation (I'm on week 7) and it gets easier every time I do it. I'm not trying to lose weight but I feel as if my cardio capacity and core strength have greatly improved. I've never had too much of a problem with cardio capacity but I have been FOREVER trying to strengthen my weak abs and I have really noticed an improvement with this rotation.

I can't tell you what results I got because I only did this once and remember it was hard}(. Maybe now I can try it again and see if I can do this because this was a few monthes ago that I did BC because I've been working really hard on all of Cathe's other video maybe I worked up my endurance;-)

Love, love, love Boot Camp!!! Fun and challenging! Results? I need to cut back on the M&M's and get back with you on that...tee hee!:7

Not only is this my favorite of the Intensity Series, Bootcamp is up there as one of my all time favorites!!!! I do it once a week usually after my rest day off so I have maximum energy for it. It just shakes everything up for me.

I just did bootcamp last night. I love this workout (as well as every other Cathe workout I have done)! It is tough though, but does get easier every time I do it. I really like all the kick work and medicine ball exercises. The hardest exercise for me last night was the terminators and the last core exercise. I always feel very accomplished after completing this workout. The whole intensity series is excellent. I have been doing 2 or more workouts a week from this set since I received them back in February!

I love the premix options with this workout. Just this morning
I did the lower body/cardio premix that times out at 30 minutes.
Then I added on ME warm up and tall box climbs combined with
the floor work from Pyr upper/lower. It was just over an hour
and boy can I feel my hamstrings tonight.:eek:

I LOVE, LOVE the Intensity Series and Bootcamp is one of my favorites. It is hard but it does get easier and then you really know that you are building strength and endurance. I feel like a million bucks when I complete this tape!!!!

It's so cool to hear how many people love Bootcamp. When the intensity series came out it was my favorite, and it totally kicks my butt. I have to still rest a little longer between each cycle to catch my breath (it definitely keeps my cardio rate up), but it is a killer workout for me.

For a while it seemed that most of the people I heard from didn't care for it because of the fact that it mixes up weights and cardio, and some didn't like the ab/core work, which required you to go down to the ground at the end of each cycle.

But I love it, and some of the music in that one really gets me to push my hardest!:7

I haven't done Bootcamp for a while (so many videos....), but I like to do the "all-but-core" premix, followed by the "core-only" premix rather than doing the workout the way it's set up. I don't like going back and forth between standing and floor (abs), and doing the two pre-mixes back-to-back takes care of most of that problem. It also makes the different segments (both the cardio/weights and the core) a bit tougher, since they are closer together.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.