What do you do for fun fitness?

Fitmommyof2

Cathlete
Does anyone have a hobby they wanna share? Say rock climbing, hiking, or something fun outdoors? It's getting closer to summer and was looking for ideas of some fun stuff to do this year.

I love rollerblading though I haven't done it since I had my son. Thanks for reminding me!

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

Oh great idea! I have rollerbades as well that I haven't been on for a few years. Wonder if I could rollerblade while pushing the storller?

In the winter, snowshoeing. It's a great leg and butt workout. In the summer I like to rollerblade or bike (for fun not for fitness)

--Lois

"If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning" - Mahatma Ghandi

I like to go Biking. (Road bike not Mountain bike)

Yes it's hot here in Texas but I'm actually getting to watch the corn grow along my route. Also I get to see tons of different animals. Believe it or not there are a few Zebras on my route, and they had a baby this spring that is just TOO cute! (I thinks it's a wild life preserve as they have some deer and alpacas too.)
Nadine

~~Happiness is an Attitude~~

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=3517754&

Oh isn't that cool! I bet it is nice to see the animals and to take in all the senary. I bet it does get quite hot in Texas... I bet you get out early in the AM or later in the evening!

oh snowshoeing sounds fun? Where do you live and where do you do this at? I am in VA so I know there are a lot of ski resorts near us in PA, but I have never snow shoed before.

I have heard Tennis is a great workout, but I have never played seriously. At the athletic club I used to workout at they had indoor and outdoor tennis and it was big there. Do you play in a league or just for enjoyment?

We enjoy taking bike trails with the kids!! It makes for a FUN family day!! We went on one today:7

Take care, and hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL weekend!!

~Nicole

My fun stuff that's "not really a workout" is:

Tennis, racquetball, biking, scuba and hiking. Sometimes I get to XS ski, but not often enough.

Actually silly me usually can only find the time around 2 or 3 pm. for about 2 hours. :p

The other day it was 95 degrees, but on the bike you make your own breeze. I do sweat A LOT and I drink around 2 liters (from my camelbak--a water backpack.) But I love it!

I don't mind sweating when I know it's for fitness, any other time ICK!!! :)

Nadine

~~Happiness is an Attitude~~

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=3517754&

I do a lot of hiking. It's an activity that DH & I both enjoy plus I have a great group of female hiking buddies. We had planned to hike Half Dome next week but California's heavy snowpack means the cables won't be up for our trip. We've rescheduled for October.

Debra

I keep a vegetable garden which keeps me moving and bending a few times a week. We also enjoy camping (in our air-conditioned camper) and look for parks that offer canoeing, swimming and hiking. I also love riding my bike the ten minutes or so it takes to get to park, then walk/running three miles. It's fun because there are rabbits, gators, herons, and egrets to spot.

Hiking and snorkeling. I'm not a good swimmer AT ALL - I can save myself and that's about it - but I can snorkel for hours.

Swimming, swimming and more swimming. I fry in the sun, though, so usually I hit the pool around dinner hour--that is, when I used to live in a condo complex with an outdoor pool. I belong to an indoor pool now, and it's not the same. Love to bike, too, if I'm in a rural area. It's so peaceful.

I love to Salsa dance, it is very demanding, great cardio. I also like to bellydance, just for fun. When the time permits, I go hiking with my DD and DS. I don't think of these things as a workout, just for fun!

I hike, and rollerblade, bike with my DD, dance. However, I think of EVERYTHING as a workout. It's an obsession. Not a healthy one, mind you:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.