What do you collect?

Amy Steppe

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

My question is, What do you collect (outside fitness videos, equipment, etc).

I collect red lipstick. I must have 75 red lipsticks, glosses and liners.

What do you collect that is not fitness related?

Cheers!

Amy

:)

I used to collect railroad spikes. When we were younger and childless, DH and I backpacked a lot, and it always seemed a part of any trail we hiked included an old logging railroad. I have a whole box of them in the attic. I always dreamed of mounting them under glass with some kind of fancy label. Trouble is, the ink I used to label them orginally has faded and now I have no idea where any of them came from.

I have a small collection of redware, but I can't afford to collect them like I'd like to.

I also have a windowsill full of African Violets. Does that count as a collection?

Of course African Violets count!

It is any object that you collect.

Not humans or pets, etc., but objects that bring you joy.

I have an African Violet in my sitting room and I've had her for 7 years. She stays in bloom all season long.

I'm with Amy on this one as mine relates to make up!

Eye shadow. I swear, I am constantly buying eye shadow and more often than not in colors that I already own!!!!

I come home and I'm like "Hey, another chocolate brown or shimmery champaigne to add to my collection! Great!!"

I don't mean to be a collector of these items, but one look at my make up case and would surely qualify me as a collector!

Angels!

I love the Willow Tree collection, but any angel figureen will do!

:)

"Life is too short - Be the best you can be every single day!" :)

>dust

That's what I was going to say!

(By the way, Donna, I've never been able to see your avatar clearly in its small size, and it always looked like you are eating a burrito! Then I checked out the larger one, and I was surprised, and pleased!, to see it's a cat...not that you're eating her/him, but...)

Aside from exercise DVD's, ;-) , I collect French music CD's, veg*n cookbooks, statues of exotic or unusual creatures (gargoyles, penguins...but I don't have many), and that's about it. I have lots of books, but I've read them, so does that count as a collection?

Books -- OMG! Yes, they count. I have a serious book fetish.

My in-laws are bibiophiles and always give me books for my Birthday and Christmas.

I love biographies. I just received Mary Todd Lincoln's biography today and am waiting eagerly to receive my book on how Abraham Lincoln channeled his depression in a positive way.

It is nail polish for me....and only the expensive kinds, ya know the 6 dollar a bottle kind. I think in a previous life I was a painter, I just love all the colors in the bottles! I also love Piglets(the Disney kind) and I have a serious love of penguins....haven't got any of those in a while though. The sad thing about the polish is though, even though I keep buying, I can't wear it to work....so it all goes on my toes. I guess it is a good thing I can wear sandals almost all year long.

horror/independent movies

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

060104_10010099873.gif

I try to collect my mind at times,LOL!

I can think of only one thing right now, my national geographic magizines(sp,that doesn't look right) That i collected as a child! I still have them and read them from time to time!

I collect AnnaLee dolls. Mainly their Christmas collections. My MIL got me started years ago and now my daughter loves buying new ones each Christmas.

Carolyn
:*

Money & Cars!!! Seriously, its what I do for a living. I'm a bill collector.

For fun, I collect shoes. Oh, how I love a good shoe sale!!! And books. Love to read!!!

Also, Christmas stuff and Halloween stuff. I have more decorations for those 2 holidays than I know what to do with. Much fun!!! Brings back the kid in me.

Nan

I collect Russel Wright pottery. I love dishes also. I have at least 5 sets of dishes and I am always wanting more. If books are a collection. I collect those too! Also, ummm I like to collect the jewlery that DH like to buy me. Anything from Tiffany's is especially appreciated!;-)
LD

pens. i have many from different parts of the country and from all over the world. i also have some weird ones.

make up is my second collection. i love eye shaddows too.

suri

I love to collect old antique things like I have a 1848 paperpack play called "Naval Engagement, a farce" By Charles Dance. C.R. Thorne's signature (an actor in San Francisco prior to the 1906 earthquake)with a metropolitan theatre stamp as well as his old agent's stamp.(The whole street with this theatre is non-existant now in San Francisco.
There is also a signature of S.J. Bonnifield inside of the play(an old judge and politician from Nevada) during this time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.