What did you give up that helped you lose pounds?

Reply to beloved.abstract

Thanks for the positive feedback on my post. You brought up a HUGE point about wine. For a while there, I could not figure out why I was so bloated and etc. Figured out, it was my two glasses of wine a night. You are correct, wine is a huge bloat factor. It's hard , but I try to stick with one glass ( 6 oz. ) every other night which has helped a ton.

Gave up nothing!

(This post has been slightly editted. The topic and intent remains the same, however.)

Inspired by the Bye Diet Coke, I'm going to miss you thread.

Also inspired by the fact that I work out for two hours each day (1 hour cardio, the second core exercises), the fact that I consume far less calories than I eat, and the fact that despite the previous two facts, I cant seem to lose weight very quickly at all. I can only assume that it must be something I'm eating?

I implore you to help the Cathe Nation Family ( :) ) by responding:

What delicious vice did you give up, and, to your pleasant surprise, helped you lose more pounds?

And, if applicable, what was your replacement to avoid the cravings for the old vice? (Diet Coke can be replaced with sparkling water, for example.)

Love!

I just eat my goodies one day a week, but TRY to be smart about the form of the goodies I consume....for example, as it suggests in the "Eat this Not That" book, have a Big Mac instead of a Whopper, and I did just that on Friday night! Sweet Potato fries instead of Tater Tots, etc. Replacing complex carbs for refined carbs helps, too, even when it's "junk" food - I replaced Nutrigrain waffles & peanut butter & sugar free jelly for Low Fat Twinkies. Peanut butter & jelly always tastes like junk food to me! I'm going to try those sandwhich rounds instead of the waffles - that would save 40 calories.

I also like Fiber One bars, which also taste like junk food.

Thanks for the positive feedback on my post. You brought up a HUGE point about wine. For a while there, I could not figure out why I was so bloated and etc. Figured out, it was my two glasses of wine a night. You are correct, wine is a huge bloat factor. It's hard , but I try to stick with one glass ( 6 oz. ) every other night which has helped a ton.

Hmmm... I think this is what I'm going to have to give up too. Darnit!! :( As a mom of three VERY active little boys, I look forward to my evening glass of wine with dinner, but maybe that's what's stalled my weight loss for the past several months.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.