What did you do for exercise?

kittymom

Cathlete
Well I had my first checkup. The doctor told me it was very important that I maintain my exercise routine. She told just to lower the intensity and no high impact. I would like to know what Cathe workouts you did? I have every Cathe workout and I also have every Firm workout. I am now 8 weeks. Thank you for your input.

Shannon:)

I did all the step and weight videos. Towards the end, I lowered my risers and let up on the amount of weight I used - not by much, though. It all depends on the individual and you really need to listen to your body. I did not exercise nearly as much as I did before I was pregnant, but when I did the intensity was the same. Also, remember that you are working hard just carrying around all that extra weight.

It all depends of you and how you feel. Keep in contact with your doctor and always ask them any questions you have regarding exercise. It is great, however, that you have a doctor who feel exercise is important.

Have fun!!!

My firms were great when pregnant and I used most of my cathes modifying when needed. I stopped using imax 3 and ctx because I didn't like them modified and peed on myself doing them high.lol. I worked out til the end of both my pregnancies and felt great which I link to exercise. My fav. cathes pregnant were-wedding tape,body fusion,ryhthymic step and her older classics. Congrats!

I used Cathe's Basic Step and Body Fusion and her Low Impact Step through the 2nd trimester. I had SPD and found it too painful to even walk for exercise as the pregnancy progressed. Just listen to your body throughout the pregnancy - you never know how it's going to go. Exercise is definetely good for it and you should keep it up if you can!

Out of my three pregnancies, I was in my best shape with my third. I did quite a few different low-impact step and aerobics tapes but I know the one that made the biggest difference was The Perfect Pregnancy Workout. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Pregnancy-Workout-Karyne-Steben/dp/B000BLKJ5E
&
http://www.progressiveparent.com/Pregnancy_postnatal_exercise/Pregnancy_Workout.htm

Hope that helps,

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

I continued current regimen and modified when needed. I worked out on the DAY of the delivery of both of my youngest boys. KPJ baby number two, and IMax 2 with baby number three. My favorite ones were DVDs that were mostt easily modified, or had easy spots to stop. For example Cardio & Weights has four sections. You could easily to 1st two sections day 1 and last two sections day 2, or 1st 3 sections day 1,etcetera.

Favorites: Cardio and Weights, Imax 2, Low Max, Low Impact Circuit, all Turbo Jams,...

Good luck and Congrats on your pregnancy. For motivation and more ideas feel free to log on the Moms to be Check-ins. :)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.