What did each Meso do for you? A two part question.

Saturn

Cathlete
I am in M2W3, and I am noticing that my muscles are definitely getting bigger. However, they don't seem quite as defined as they did in M1, though they are still defined somewhat. I am just curious to hear what you feel were your individual experiences with each Meso. I want to have defined muscles and general leanness so the muscles show. I have lost some fat... it is certainly a process... I am loving STS and am trying to get a sense of what else I can expect for the rest of the program. I am wondering if the undulating rotation would make sense for me next so I can really shock my muscles even more. I think if I do the undulating rotation, I will also use many of my other Cathe strength dvds in conjunction with the STS dvds. Would this make sense? Thanks.

I just started W1 of M3. My muscles got much more defined by the end of M2. I wish I had taken photos at the very start. I did take them at the end of M2 and will do the same at the end of M3. I must say, however, I think the definition came as a result of really cleaning up my eating along with STS. I have been doing Cathe's weights for 2 years now so it wasn't like I was out of shape by any means, so I think the eating made a huge difference.

We'll see what happens with this last cycle of STS...can't be bad I'm sure!
Heather

Thanks Heather. My DH was saying that it is possible that my arms are a bit swollen from Meso 2 and that the definition is still there, but just a little buried. I don't have a great deal of extra body fat, though there is a little... but my diet is pretty clean as well. I am really interested in hearing what M3 will do for the muscles. It is designed to add strength, but does it also add definition, I am wondering. I have two weeks left of M2 so perhaps by the end of it I will see more of the individual muscles like I was after M1.

It was kind of weird, I kept thinking "this just isn't working like it is for everyone else.." but then by the last week of M2 I just suddenly noticed how much definition I had. It was like I just woke up and boom there it was - though I know that's not really how it happened. Maybe I stopped being so critical and stood back for a second LOL. I bet you've had more change than you realize since you see yourself every day.

Heather

Thanks Heather. My DH was saying that it is possible that my arms are a bit swollen from Meso 2 and that the definition is still there, but just a little buried. I don't have a great deal of extra body fat, though there is a little... but my diet is pretty clean as well. I am really interested in hearing what M3 will do for the muscles. It is designed to add strength, but does it also add definition, I am wondering. I have two weeks left of M2 so perhaps by the end of it I will see more of the individual muscles like I was after M1.

Meso 1 & 2

Meso 1 & 2 are both my favorites because I was getting serious definition & my clothes were definitely looser. My husband noticed it during the first week of Meso 1 and I wasn't doing any cardio until Meso 2 & 3. With Meso 3 (my least favorite) I lost some definition, gained strength & a couple of pounds even though my diet stayed the same. :-(

Currently, I'm doing the undulating rotation:
Week 1: M1 W1 (definition results have returned)
Week 2: M1 W1
Week 3: M2 W1
Week 4: M2 W1
Week 5: M3 W1 (if I continue to lose definition after this week will omit in rotation)
Week 6: Rest

Weeks 7 & 8: M1 W2
Weeks 9 & 10: M2 W2
Week 11: M3 W2
Week 12: Rest
Etc.

This was my rotation that I started back in February:
Feb.: Meso 1
Mar. & Apr. : Meso 2
May: Meso 3

Fay

I noticed the most "leaness" and muscle definition with Meso 1 - I think it was the intitial shock of the different excercises. I loved the power feeling of lifting heavy with Meso 3 - but I actually seemed to thicken a little everywhere. Mind you - my diet has not been perfect - I was actually eating more. Also I think my body - dare I say was needing more cardio than 2-3 days a week. I have an endomorph body type that seems to respond best to endurance/hypertrophy and cardio at least 4 times a week. I guess every"body" has different needs.

After finishing Meso 3 - the Gym style workout felt incredibly hard (little rest, more reps) BUT I love that a familiar workout now feel like a new challenge again.
I must say that I can't wait to do the whole series again (STS) - I think SNM mentioned that the "shock" of doing different things keeps your fitness well -rounded and keeps the body guessing. Variety is the key!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I was interested in hearing your results with M3 because I wasn't sure I was going to do it. I wasn't sure it would fit with my goals. However, I have decided that I will go ahead and do M3. I think it is a good idea to do the program all the way through the first go 'round. I have stuck with it as written (designed) but lately, one thing I have been doing with M2 is adding a little bit of very light weight endurance-type weight work on non-STS days. I go to classes that have cardio and toning, and initially when starting STS, I stopped using the weights in these classes. But now that my body is adapting so well to STS and I am not getting much in the way of DOMS, I decided that I could use no more than 5 lbs. in the toning portions of these classes, and viola, I am seeing more definition again. I will do M3 and just do the endurance weight work with light weights on non-STS days. It is really not much- just about 15 minutes or so. I have decided that it is better for me to tweak where necessary because before STS, I was lifting quite a bit, and STS has been a decrease in UB work (and a huge increase in Leg work). So, I am making it work for myself.... thanks for your input!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.