What Cardio DVD to get?

hammiehaack

I have Muscle Max, and all 3 GS weight workouts. I have been mixing with these with riding a stationery bike and doing P90X Plyometrics, but I need a new cardio DVD as I'm getting bored with the bike and P90X Plyo. Any suggestions on which one of Cathe's cardio DVDs to get. I'm looking for intensity and challenge. Thank you.

I have Muscle Max, and all 3 GS weight workouts. I have been mixing with these with riding a stationery bike and doing P90X Plyometrics, but I need a new cardio DVD as I'm getting bored with the bike and P90X Plyo. Any suggestions on which one of Cathe's cardio DVDs to get. I'm looking for intensity and challenge. Thank you.

Do you have a step? I'm guessing you do since you have MM and GS. Based on that assumption, if you like PlyoX and want to take it to the next level, I would recommend Cathe's HiiT workouts. They are shorter than PlyoX (about 30 mins total, which includes warm up and cool down) but they are much more intense, IMO. Also from the Shock Cardio series is Cardio Core Circuit. This one does not require a step but it is, for me, Cathe's most challenging cardio workout (and I've done them all).

Cathe's newest DVDs will also include a high intensity workout, appropriately named Intensity. ;) I haven't done this one yet since it won't be released until next week, but check out the clips on Shop Cathe. I'm especially excited about this DVD because of all of the premixes.

Slightly less intense than the HiiTs and Intensity are the Imaxes. There are 3 different Imax workouts. I think Imax 3 is the toughest and Imax 3 is the funnest. Each Imax has 10 rounds consisting of a step routine + interval blast.

All of the above workouts cater to high impact, but I have on the forums that they can be modified for low impact if you are wanting to do that.

If you like kickboxing, Cathe's Kick Punch & Crunch workout is a popular one. The DVD also comes with her Legs & Glutes workout, so that's another incentive to get this video. I really enjoy the premix that combines the KPC kickboxing combos with the leg work from L&G.

Have a good time shopping. Let us know what you decide.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.