What are your favorite things about the summer?

Denise, where in Ohio are you ?? I am near Cincinnati .
We never miss Deadliest Catch (how sad is it this season , about Phil ?? ugh Hard to watch), and would love to see Jonathon Hillstrand ! How cool is THAT ??? :)

Denise, where in Ohio are you ?? I am near Cincinnati .
We never miss Deadliest Catch (how sad is it this season , about Phil ?? ugh Hard to watch), and would love to see Jonathon Hillstrand ! How cool is THAT ??? :)

I'm in NE Ohio by Lake Erie. Deadliest Catch is the best show. We never miss it, either. I've been crying the last few weeks. Next week is a 2-hr episode and I'm going to keep a whole box of kleenex nearby. Phil was my favorite captain....:( I'm going to go to Borders and get Jonathan's book and hopefully I can get him to sign it!

Oh I hope you can get him to sign a book too ! I guess that's a little far to drive to see him, lol but I'll be there in a second if he gets down my way.

Yep, I've been crying too. It's just so , so sad. And the stuff going on with Josh on top of everything else.
I'll have the kleenex with me next week too. My dh even gets pretty quiet while we're watching lately.

What a great thread. I love so many things about summer...

I don't have to work for 2 months
fresh produce
more time outside with family
running outside doesn't turn into a full load of laundry
and too many more to mention

As for the day of acclimation I was pondering this the other day...In winter we keep our house at 68 to 70 and I am freezing and wearing lots of layers, yet if I turn the heat up to 72 I am roasting. But in the summer we keep it at 75 to 76 and I wear shorts, yet if I turn it down to 72 I am freezing. It is all relative to the temp outside.

Alana, . . . .I bet I can out "crankify" you. I'm a dragon beast when it is hot and my neck gets sweaty just ask my kids and husband.

I am so the same way! I sweat so fast and my face is ALWAYS red!! I usually stay in the house alot, we can be happy (uncranky) people inside an AIR CONDITIONED HOUSE!!! Right? We'll whip up some cool drinks! wow...that does sound fun! hehe!

I LOVE everything about summer!! Well everything except mosquitos!! ;)

Top picks:
-Warm sunshine on my face :cool:
-Flower gardening :)
-BBQ :)
-Walking my puppies :eek:

Where I live we get LESS sun in the summer. It's known as June gloom, but here we are in July and the marine layer is still there..... However, this does allow me to go outside and run at any time of the day without getting too overheated, so I love that about summer plus the regulars:

- all of the fresh produce
- sun is up before me and goes down right before bedtime
- I get to hang out with my kids all day, everyday
- family vacations

I'm with spyrosmum, Alana, janie1234 and pjlippert. HATE SUMMER!

My energy levels plummet as the temperatures rise and I develop the metabolism and lust for life of a slug. We do not have air conditioning so you can imagine.....my workouts become very sporadic, my mood dips even lower. My whole family just seems to do better with the structure of the school year and all its different sporting activities through the fall and spring.

The only good thing possible for me about summer is the chance to get away from Ann Arbor where it is currently over 90 F and head for the Rockies, get higher up and enjoy some hiking in cooler temperatures, not to mention great views and clear mountain air.

May and September are the best months of the year. Perfect climate.

Clare

Oh, I forgot to mention one of my very favs!
FLIP FLOPS!!!!

And, for those of you that don't like summer, can I have yours? :p

I'm with spyrosmum, Alana, janie1234 and pjlippert. HATE SUMMER!

My energy levels plummet as the temperatures rise and I develop the metabolism and lust for life of a slug. We do not have air conditioning so you can imagine.....my workouts become very sporadic, my mood dips even lower. My whole family just seems to do better with the structure of the school year and all its different sporting activities through the fall and spring.

The only good thing possible for me about summer is the chance to get away from Ann Arbor where it is currently over 90 F and head for the Rockies, get higher up and enjoy some hiking in cooler temperatures, not to mention great views and clear mountain air.

May and September are the best months of the year. Perfect climate.

Clare

I have two words for you & your family, dear:

"SWIM TEAM"

My fave things about summer (not necessarily in order):

-blueberry picking
-pedicures (getting one with DD in about 20 minutes, actually)
-flip-flops (stolen from Debbie...;))
-shorts (even though it takes me about 2 weeks to convince myself that my legs look good enough to be wearing shorts...:p)
-beach
-CATHE RT!!!!!!!!
-yard work
-planting flowers

I could go on and on....:D

Yeah, living in Phoenix, Az I'm not a fan of summer because it last longer out here than the rest of the country. I tend to hibernate alot in the summer and the heat makes me sluggish.

I do like BBQs but other than that, always ready for fall/winter.

being on and in the water (beach, boat, pool!)
SUN!!
easy dressing: cute sundresses, tank tops, breezy skirts, sparkly fun sandals, FLIP FLOPS!
NO hats, scarves, gloves, etc to harrass my kids to wear
long, lazy nights
eating al fresco/cooking out
fresh summer fruits (esp. NECTARINES!!) & sweet corn
pedicures
more down time with kids/family/friends

One thing I really hate though: bugs! I must be sweet 'cuz I seem to get bitten up the worst.

Fun, happy topic! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.