What are you thankful for???

brickhouse

Cathlete
Just curious, as I'm trying NOT to make Thanksgiving only about eating....

I'm thankful that my DH loves me for who I am no matter how fit I am or how many times I check this forum in a day....

I'm thankful that I have rediscovered my will power to wake up at 5:30am and have Cathe tell me that I get out what I put into it....

I'm thankful for everyone on this forum that shares all their great knowledge and spreadsheets with each other....

What about you??

Jeanette

I'm thankful for all the blessings God has granted me and all the promises he's made me. I'm thankful for my DH and children and our good health. I'm thankful for my friends at church, work and here at Cathe.com. The list goes on and on. Thank you, Jeanette, for making me think about my blessings.

Great thread!!!

I am grateful that God loves me and continues to bless me everyday, and that he is constantly reminding my how much he loves me no matter how ugly I have been or how selfish. I am very grateful that I am never hungry, that I have a roof over my head. I am grateful that my kids don't have to live in fear of thier life as others do. I am grateful that I have my health. I am grateful that there are so many resources and opportunities in this country for people of all walks of life, man and woman alike, where we can all get an education and are free to our own opinions and feelings and choices. What is there not to be thankful for? I live in America. I think that is enough to be thankful for. :D

well i have to be thankful for everything b/c it all leads off something else. but if i had to list.....

-family,good influences or not they taught me
-good health
-basic essentials that many don't have(food,clothing,shelter)
-sense of humor god gave, which at times is the only medicine
-friends whether online or real life b/c they listen without judgement and don't mince words when it comes to telling it to straight
-for the freedom to think for myself and the freedom to say it whether anybody likes it or not
-for the men and women overseas that will not be so lucky to share it with family but instead choose to fight for us and the freedoms we get to have
-just to be here, for whatever reason there is a reason i need to be here.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Jeanette,

Thank you for starting this thread:)

I'm thankful for:

My DH. He's thoughtful and kind and a blessing to my life.

My family--we put the FUN in dysfunctional--but at the end of the day we'd do anything for each other.

My friends. My bestest best friend in the world just moved closer to me. YEA!!!

My kitty who does nothing but bring joy and laughter to my life.

My new forum friends--you know who you are. You've enriched my life in unexpected ways and I'm blessed to know you.

My Lord and Savior. It was a looooong journey to find you but I'm so thankful I did.

ETA the men and women fighting for our freedom. How could I have forgotten that!?

Michele

* my beautiful, wonderful, amazing daughter
* my SO, who puts up with all my angst and moodiness, who thinks I'm beautiful and loves me even when I have PMS;)
* my wonderful 512 girls, without whom each day would be tedious and filled with drudgery
* all the amazing, incredible women on this forum
* my family, tiny as it is

There's so much more that it would take more bandwidth than there is available:)

Thanks so much for starting this. It's easy to forget how fortunate we are.

Gosh, I'm happy to say there are so many things! Here are just some:

I'm thankful for:

- DH and the life we are building together
- supportive parents
- the best brothers and sisters on the planet
- my excellent niece and nephew
- being American
- good books and the time to read them
- being healthy and fit
- finding this forum and the spirited, funny catheites!
- Autumn, my favorite season
- our troops and all those who serve and protect

Sparrow

What a wonderful thread! I received this via email from my boss yesterday. Variations have been around for years but I still love it:

I am thankful for ...

the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends

the taxes I pay because it means that I'm employed

the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat

a lawn that needs mowing, window that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home

my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine

all the complaints I hear about our government because it means we have freedome of speech

my huge heating bill because it means I am warm

the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking

the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means I can hear

the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I'm alive

the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby

weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I've been productive

Carol
:)

And ... my own personal thankful list:

1) family
2) friends
3) my home
4) my job
5) the chance to use my talents
6) the chance to have fun
7) my health

Carol
:)

What a beautiful thread! I am thankful for my wonderful husband, my daughter, friends & family, my home, my health, and of course all of you!!!

I'm thankful for all the things I usually take for granted:

A secure and fulfilling job that allows me to use my intelligence, humor and creativity

A home of my own

Good health

The freedom of my own beliefs

Online vendors that make life as a vegan easier

That I have the ability to exercise

The affection and companionship of my cats

Carol: I love that list!

Great thread!

I'm thankful for...

...my DH
...my family
...friends
...my job
...my health
...my education
...the opportunities I've been blessed with in my life
...a warm home
...a comfortable bed
...good food
...finding this wonderful forum and all of the great people here!

Cath :)

LIFE and all it abundances - all of God's mercies & blessings.
<--another year of Thanksgiving - not just food.
<--daughters and grandchildren....whom I LOVE DEARLY.
<--dh.....whom I LOVE DEARLY.
<--family
<--job
<--Cathe, crew and her WONDERFUL workouts.
<--for every waking day that I'm allowed to see, and speak to people of God's goodness, blessings, trials & tribulations.
<--the fact that I may not be rich with $$$$, but I have a roof over my head, and food on the table.
<--AND EVERYONE HERE ON THIS FORUM
<--How can I forget: TO ALL THE MEN & WOMEN who are fighting for us.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL }(.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

I am thankful for my family and that we are all together this year for Thanksgiving and Christmas for the first time since 2001. My son recently got out of the miliary and has not been home for Thanksgiving since 2000 and Christmas since 2001. Two of those years he spent deployed overseas. I'm also thankful that daddy, whose health is poor, is still here with us. He is 72 today. No material thing on this earth can replace what we have with family.

I'm also thankful for mine and my family's health. Even though daddy's health hasn't been good in recent years, he is still here and pretty active.

I'm thankful for:
- getting Lasik surgery in 2 days which will enable me to see without glasses for the first time in 25 years
- having 2 beautiful children that manage to say something to make me laugh everyday! My six year old lost her first tooth yesterday so that was quite the event...first visit by the tooth fairy!
- having an incredibly supportive loving husband
- everyone in the family being healthy
- being able to be a stay at home mom and experience so many things through my children's eyes
- Cathe producing awesome workout tapes that enable me to maximize my workout time and have fun too

I am thankful for:

- my wonderfully supportive and loving DH
- 3 happy doggies who make me laugh and smile every day
- my extended family and friends
- my job. I hated the last job I had!
- the skills and abilities to allow me to contribute to my corner of the world
- the internet: online shopping and forums Yay!!!
- this forum. Thank you all!
- the increased availability of vegan food
- Cathe
- having enough $ to buy any and all Cathe workouts and workout equipment that I want
- the ability to exercise
- a nice house in a nice community

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of for now.

Happy Thanksgiving all you lovely Cathe-ites out there!!! :)

FitDoggie
"The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more."

Where do I start? I'm thankful that....

*I have a FUN job and a good boss
*My kids are grown and still talk to me! Their kids are well behaved and healthy
*I'm healthy, and fit - way fit for my age
*I got to go to Cathe's gym this year!
*I have had people in my life who have taught me a lot - and that I listened to them
*I've had crappy jobs that I still got good experience from
*I've LEARNED from my experiences and APPRECIATE what I have now
*I have a SO who treats me good
*I'm smart - smart is GOOD!!!!!
*My Dad's lived long enough so I now have a good relationship with him
*I happened on these forums 6 or 7 years ago, and have learned SO much!
*I got Pilates forced upon me by people who wanted me to teach it to them!
*Dr. Phil has a TV show!
*I am computer literate
*I know All Things Are Possible, and positive thoughts bring about positive experiences
*I can keep my weight down but still eat donuts once a week (NOT a small thing to me!!!)
*I have good self-esteem but am not a fat-head. If I ever get to be a fat-head, someone shoot me a tell-it-like-it-is e-mail telling me to straighten up!
*There's so much more! Count your blessings, folks.
Just Do It! :)

-My wonderful DH. I cannot believe I was so lucky to find him.
-My daughter who has made me very proud.
-My son in law and granddaughter who are both precious.
-My job. The company I work for pays me very well and paid for both my degrees. I will also have a good pension (I hope).
-The awesome people I work with. Most of them are absolutely wonderful people.
-My two canines, Hillary and Sophie.
-The opportunity to share with all of you on this forum.
-Cathe.
-My good health.
-The people I meet on the street now and then that in just a greeting feel a connection that can only come from a higher power (okay...that's as spiritual as I get!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.