what are you reading

I just finished re-reading the first 3 Twilight books, too! I can't wait for Breaking Dawn tomorrow! If any of you are interested, try out the www.twilightmoms.com site. It's a great place to find info and interviews without the "OMG!--Edward is sooo HAWT!" silliness that can get a little hard to handle at other places. Not that he's not hot..... ;)

Kelly

I'm reading "The Age of Innocence" by Edith Wharton. Martin Scorsese directed the movie of the same name in 1993, starring Daniel Day-Lewis, Winona Ryder, and Michelle Pfeiffer. I love that movie, and I've always wanted to read the book, which is actually based on real-life events in Ms Wharton's childhood in NYC around the turn of the century.

Carol
:)

I just finished All We Ever Wanted Was Everything by Janelle Brown. Really couldn't put it down. Before that, Jincey Willett's The Writing Class--a funny murder mystery set in a writing class. Before than Elizabeth George's Careless In Red--finally! a new Lynley and Havers mystery. Before that, Ted Hughes's Letters. Before that, Richard Russo's Bridge of Sighs. Before that Ken Follett's World Without End, and before that his Pillars of the Earth.

If you want a REALLY FUNNY book, try Slummy Mummy. A LOL book. Fiona O'Neill (I think that's right.)

Right now, just starting Tana French's The Likeness.

I just finished reading The Monk by Matthew Lewis, and am now reading Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck and Ina May's Guide to Childbirth (in an effort to get myself psyched about natural childbirth at the end of this month!). :D

I just finished re-reading the first 3 Twilight books, too! I can't wait for Breaking Dawn tomorrow! If any of you are interested, try out the www.twilightmoms.com site. It's a great place to find info and interviews without the "OMG!--Edward is sooo HAWT!" silliness that can get a little hard to handle at other places. Not that he's not hot..... ;)

Kelly

Kelly I know all about Twilight moms nice site;Twilight Lexicon is also a nice site.

I'm actually going to a midnight book release party tonight for Breaking Dawn can't wait until tomorrow lol
My 10 yr old is going as Jane from the Volturi so am I we have the body glitter and black robes going on LMAO lol My 18 yr old is dressing in her prom dress - so much fun ! :eek:

bluefaetag.gif

I just finished "The Great Gatsby" and I guess I'm not very cultured in literature because I didn't think it was very good and wondered why it is considered a classic.

Yesterday, I started "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer and it looks interesting.

JJ

Chelsea Handler's books: My Horizontal Lifeand Are you There Vodka, It's Me, Chelsea

They are trashy summer reads, but very funny!

I am also reading Wicked . I just saw the play and had to read the book, too. It is pretty good so far.
Jenn

Last edited:
Ronne, I love Bryson!

I just finished reading Rant by Chuck Palahniuk (totally demented) and have now started on Crafting Authentic Voice by Tom Romano (a professional title) while re-reading To Kill a Mockingbird.

I just got done with Clapton, An Autobiography. Obviously, the autobiography of Eric Clapton. It was very interesting about rock stars in the 60's lives. It's amazing that they are alive, really, with all the drugs and alcohol they did. Crazy stuff!

Since I was in the autobiograpy mood, I'm now readking, 700 Sundays by Billy Crystal. It's interesting, and he writes funny!

Jenn... I absolutely LOVED the book, Wicked! I'm a huge Wizard of Oz fan, and this book was so interesting.. I can't even imagine getting to see the musical! ..that must have been fun!

Right now I am reading Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden and before this I read The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. I am on the wait list for Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich. I can't wait to read that one. I'm not sure what I'll read next. Maybe I will read some of the ones you all have suggested here. Great thread!

Chris~ You reminded me of another book that I just finished...It was Wonderful Tonight, but Pattie Boyd (She was the wife of George Harrison and then Eric Clapton). It was a scattered book. It was like you said...amazing that they lived through all of the drinking and drugs of the sixties!! It was a very interesting, good book, when you got past how she kind of jumped from subject to subject (and year back to another year, etc.)

I would like to read Eric Clapton's book, now that I have read Pattie's book. It's funny, too, that I usually read fiction, but really enjoyed reading Pattie's life story!
Jenn

Jenn... I should order that book by Patti Boyd! Eric Clapton wrote about her, of course, but after they broke up for good, he stopped talking about her, and what happened to her. It would be interesting to hear her perspective too. I do hate when they bounce around though, but if it's good, I'd make the sacrifice!

Chris~ I was lucky and borrowed the Pattie Boyd book from my sister. She had recommended it to me (She pretty much only reads biographies). I think it is only in hardcover right now.

I don't mind paying more for my books (sometimes...if I can't wait for paperback) and then share them with anyone who wants them. I love to share books. What good is a book on the shelf to me?

Also, I forgot to say that YES!! I LOVED the musical Wicked:D:D It was an awesome experience from the moment we walked into the theater! I wanted to stay in my seat and see it again!
Jenn

Agreed - an excellent book and even though some tough subject matter, a quick read

Thought I posted this under CollinsMom - this was for A Thousand Splendid Suns

While I'm editing I'll also add my 2 cents - My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccoult - excellent!!!!!

Last edited:
I am still trying to finish My Sister's Keeper. It is so sad! I cry every time I read it. I am about halfway through it right now. Does it get better? I actually am liking the book, it is just that I have cried through it so far...
Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.