What After STS for Muscle Definition?

Stacy

Cathlete
Hi, Cathe! I hope you can find time to answer my question. After finishing STS I have definitely gained some serious muscle strength but have not gotten the definition and aesthetic look I wanted. This has more to do with my body type (picture a football player who is big and strong but not necessarily lean and cut looking).

What do you recommend doing as a follow up to STS to help achieve a more defined look? I know diet is very important, but is there a certain type of workout I should be doing to help achieve my next goal? Total body? Circuits? Metabolic workouts?

Thank you for your time and input :)

I'd love to hear from Cathe on this one, too.

Stacy - I've just finished 8 months on STS, and, since I'm doing the Body Building Rotation, I've moved on to Gym Styles. I decided to do the Jan 2014 rotation, as that was mostly Gym Styles. I must say that my body is responding already! (It's only been a week.) Loving the look I'm getting.

Justine

I was actually toying with the idea of combining the Timesaver premixes from Gym Styles and LIS workouts. I was thinking maybe shorter strength workouts may allow me to lift heavier and free up some time for some short bursts of cardio. Pondering..

Hi ladies, I hope Cathe give answer, but untill she answer I'm doing STS meso2 with 2 days legs addin squat racks, and 15min cardio on weights days on cardio days goin to be like Kick, punch and crunch, Kick max. I looking fordefinition and I hope I goin to get it. :rolleyes: We continium wait for Cathe advice.

Hi ladies, I hope Cathe give answer, but untill she answer I'm doing STS meso2 with 2 days legs addin squat racks, and 15min cardio on weights days on cardio days goin to be like Kick, punch and crunch, Kick max. I looking fordefinition and I hope I goin to get it. :rolleyes: We continium wait for Cathe advice.

Hi,

Your plan seem fine as far as your quest for definition is concerned;):D
With a portion of clean and healthy nutrition of course.
Meso 2 is fun fun;)
Happy double wave;)

I'd love to hear from Cathe on this one, too.

Stacy - I've just finished 8 months on STS, and, since I'm doing the Body Building Rotation, I've moved on to Gym Styles. I decided to do the Jan 2014 rotation, as that was mostly Gym Styles. I must say that my body is responding already! (It's only been a week.) Loving the look I'm getting.

Justine

I am also doing the Body Building rotation. That will keep my busy until August 15, lol. I am in M3 Week 4. Congrats on your results. I need to check out the Jan rotation.

Belinda

Last edited:
Belinda - I'm Week 3 of Jan 2014 rotation, and still loving it! One I will certainly do again.

My next problem is the 'two weeks Low Impact Series'

I have no idea where to beging putting those together. I wonder what the thought process was behind putting it in after gym styles. More cardio and less weights? Just a change of routine? What are other people doing / done for this part of the body building rotation????

Maybe more calorie burn but maintenance for weight/strength as LIS does have quite a bit of compound moves using weights. Maybe a good mental break too (??)

Belinda - I'm Week 3 of Jan 2014 rotation, and still loving it! One I will certainly do again.

I have no idea where to beging putting those together. I wonder what the thought process was behind putting it in after gym styles. More cardio and less weights? Just a change of routine? What are other people doing / done for this part of the body building rotation????

I kinda was wondering that too? I ask Cathe on FB, still waiting for an answer:eek: So hopefully Cathe will answer soon….I almost assume it's all weight training, since it's a bodybuilding rotation? The 4DS is easy to figure out. What about the Shock cardio?

I kinda was wondering that too? I ask Cathe on FB, still waiting for an answer:eek: So hopefully Cathe will answer soon….I almost assume it's all weight training, since it's a bodybuilding rotation? The 4DS is easy to figure out. What about the Shock cardio?

Ladies, you have made me think of the reason behind too:):):)
The thread is getting more interesting to read;)

Keep your questions coming:)

Last edited:

Hi, after STS, I did January rotation and one month of Low Impact now STS m.

I was kind of hoping you might know about this, Nathalie!!!

Let's hope Cathe answers.

Perhaps I should ask in a new thread.

Hi Justine,

My understanding of Cathe's bodybuilding rotation is keep variety sticking to the principle of building/increasing lean muscle.

LIS with Triset weight program does fit in with building IMO. Although some exercise are performed with 60% one rep max, the range is from 60 to 80% which is hypertrophy weight selection range. Triset is a compound isolation program. Cathe's triset contain more than traditional building moves .

From the cardio side;):):) phew, there are high intensity intervals which help producing friendly hormone for muscles growth. Afterburn is the number one for that. Trust I have done this recently and I have felt the aftermath recovery. I had my HR monitor and I did set my heart rate between 70 and 85% and it was bleeping when I my heart rate was reaching the highest zone.

There are other circuit w/o from LIS athletic training, slide and glide, low impact challenge etc... There are many option for rotation. Bonus here is knees do get a break from high impact.

Cathe Friedrich - 4 Common Myths About Low-Impact Exercise

Hope this answer your question and help,

Last edited:
Thanks Nathalie! I'm thinking of doing 2x upper body triset and 1x lower body triset per week. LIS has a lot of other leg work in it (especially inner thigh stuff - all those disc burpees :eek:). As it happens, I did Afterburn today. Love that one. The spiderman mountain scalers get me every time!

Thanks Nathalie! I'm thinking of doing 2x upper body triset and 1x lower body triset per week. LIS has a lot of other leg work in it (especially inner thigh stuff - all those disc burpees :eek:). As it happens, I did Afterburn today. Love that one. The spiderman mountain scalers get me every time!

Justine,

I have just thought about recovering from Afterburn. It does work core and legs;):p therefore it's not a good idea to do lower body triset the day after;);). I am sure you see what I mean:D:D

Kind Regards,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.