What’s The Story Behind The Hair Tie, Cathe...

Abveyera

Cathlete
When I started working out with Cathe at home, I noticed she almost always wore a black elastic hair tie on her left wrist. Back when I had long hair and I noticed this, it made me smile. I was never without an extra hair tie, always around my wrist, always black. Even in some more recent videos, I’ve noticed the black hair tie.

This might not be something Cathe does anymore, but if so... Why does Cathe do this? Why for so many years? Why, even when she doesn’t “need” to and no one in the videos really wears any other jewelry?

Would love to know the story behind the hair tie ;)

It does! On the fly, if I were an aerobics leader, I would call out wonky left and right all the time. Makes sense that she would have a visual cue to remind her.
I still like to think it’s for “hair emergencies”, though. ;) Let me have my illusions? LOL

I once asked and cathe said it helped her with cuing so she could call out right side or left because it’s opposite from cast to us watching on dvd. I hope that makes sense

I'm so glad you answered this question, it's something I've always wondered about.

When I started working out with Cathe at home, I noticed she almost always wore a black elastic hair tie on her left wrist. Back when I had long hair and I noticed this, it made me smile. I was never without an extra hair tie, always around my wrist, always black. Even in some more recent videos, I’ve noticed the black hair tie.

This might not be something Cathe does anymore, but if so... Why does Cathe do this? Why for so many years? Why, even when she doesn’t “need” to and no one in the videos really wears any other jewelry?

Would love to know the story behind the hair tie ;)

Hi Abveyera! Very observant :) The reason I wore a hair tie specifically on my left wrist was because it helped me determine my “video right” verses my “true right”. When I face the camera and I tell all of you at home to use your right arm, it is actually my left arm, so rather than overthink it (when there are so many other things I need to think of in a splits seconds notice while filming, lol) I just glance at my wrist to know that the hair tie side means to cue “right side”. So there you have it, mystery solved :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.