We're havin' a HATE wave! - Aug 8

August

Cathlete
Morning!

You know, I've made a discovery from staying at my Mom's apartment : I'm fond of eating my breakfast at a table sitting in a chair.

I need to look into doing some things for my apartment. First on the list : Figure out how to fit more stuff into it.

So I got up at 5am after a few hours of sleep, fed, cleaned, played, then I ate and cleaned myself, and then vacuumed Mom's place.

Then it hit me. Is this what it's like to have children?

How on earth do you people live your lives and do your workouts and do your thing with Human Squirrels? I feel like I'm always cleaning or taking care of something, or making sure everybody's had their playtime, or pooping on schedule, that everybody's nails are clipped and hair is brushed.....thank goodness these guys don't wear clothing and go to school LOL!

Anyway, would you believe that the toy that Cham hates the most is the toy that Lulu loves? It's the teaser made from a really looooong piece of fabric. It kind of looks like...you know in some gymnastics they wave a thin baton with a piece of fabric on the end? Like that. So I wave it with all my might in front of Lulu and she just goes nuts. It's so cute - she gets on her back and shuts her eyes tightly closed, keeps her mouth wide open and frantically shakes her head left and right, flailing both her paws back and forth hoping that she'll catch the blue snake in either place. Every minute or so she'll open her eyes roundly, her pupils totally dilated to make sure she's in a good position. LOL.

ROBIN - Sometimes I wonder if these guys are actually squirrels. The way they move look more like squirrels. And they're very rascally. Or would that make them rabbits?

JEN - Oh man, how awful that the air went out in your Jeep. You must have been melting!...That is so cute of Sport and your throwing him the ball that he likes. Maybe I just haven't found the right ball for my guys. I've got a bunch of different ones, but they avoid them completely.

My squirrels are a little over 12 weeks now, and compared to photos I've seen on the internet of 12 week old kittens, mine look....bigger LOL. At 6 months did Sport look like an adult cat? I wonder how much they'll grow before my mom comes back. I hope not too much.

All right. I've got to work then clean more. My friends come tomorrow and then I'm out of town over the weekend again (I'm having my friend come and squirrelsit - I'm so nervous! LOL).

Be good! :7

Hi Haters!

Hate wave here too ! It's going to be 98 degrees here today! :eek:

August, my Cleo has toys like that and she'll play with them NOW AND THEN, but she has to make it clear that really she's way too sophisticated for TOYS!!:* Yet then I just found out she LOVES it if I go out in the backyard with her and throw walnuts!!!!:p She'll chase those all over the place for as long as I throw them!!!!:D :p How funny is THAT?
She's a strange cat !!:7

The guys are working on the roof every night after work. No more damage but they found more boards to replace, so it's taking longer to get the paper on then they thought. They still have half the roof over the garage to cover. I just can't wait until it's done , finished, OVER already!!!!

I just got up , it's just after 5:00 and I gotta go make the coffee and get DH up. I just popped in and read your post August . I just love reading your squirrel stories.:D :D

Hi to EVERYONE! Is anyone here going on the road trip???
Boy, I wish I could go !!

I'll bbl
Becky

Hello Haters.
Good Wednesday Morning. I like Wednesdays. half way to Friday. Last night, I was at work till 6pm when I found out that my porch people were here working at 5pm in the high humidity and heat. It rained here all day so it was a slim chance they would be here. The first and biggest half of the project just needs to have covering/shingles and drainage added. This newest section will allow me to work on trim easier with my height and my shorter ladder.
My Dad is doing well. My parents had a huge party at their house for people they did missionary work with. And, plan to have another for all of those people in their community that have been and still are assisting them with daily living.
My work is at a credit union, I'm a "teller" but I also handle settlements plus IRAs,shared branch networking, CDs,etc...I've been there long enough to be in management, but feel safer not being in it with mergers going on everywhere. I've been working with a new supervisor in training, and it's her errors plus other issues that have kept me late at night.
Friday night, the guys might be back to finish up so they will have freedom on Saturday.

Have a Great Day!

Hey there!

ROTFLMAO -- I got a call this morning telling me that my hairstylist is running about 30 minutes late and could I please come later to my appointment. THANK GOD she called -- I totally forgot I even had an appointment today -- lol!

I am so wiped out. This heat wave is really starting to wear on me. I spent the day yesterday with my DN. We went to see Harry Potter, then we met up with DH and went to dinner. After dinner we took DN to Borders and bought him the latest HP book before taking him back to my IL's. Guess what the temp was outside at 9:30 PM when we were driving home? NINETY FOUR:eek: ;( :eek: ;( :eek: ;( . It's supposed to get up to 98 today. I knew it, I just knew it -- I have died and gone to hell ;) ;(

Becky, I'm so sorry about your roof. What an ordeal! I hope it's all behind you soon. I'm ROTFLMAO about your kitty fetching walnuts:7

Jennifer, one of my nephews worked for a credit union for several years -- he was in collections and really liked it. I'm sorry there are nitwits who make your job more difficult.

Augie - OMG you're too funny. I love all the squirrel stories. You sure have a way with stories! Maybe you should consider writing a children's book featuring the squirrels, Ched, Mr. Choco Raisin, DP (dear plant), and of course, Oogi:+ . I hope you have a nice visit with your friends form the USA!

It's time to get ready for my hair appointment. I'll BBL:* Hello to everyone else.:)

Did someone say heat? Yeah it is that time of the year and it is nasty hot these days. My hair is also not adapting to the humidity.

Michele, oh no you have not died and gone to hell..LOL...that was funny. It's just August, speaking of August...ommm..we have a b-day soon right August??? Spill the beans when is it. I hope I did not miss it already!!!

I love the kitty stories. My MIL just got a new kitty my SIL found on the side of the road and this kitty is soooo bad! He bites the you know what out of you and is bad bad bad. With that said..he is sooo cute and I love to play with him. My kitty is a lover not a fighter, so it is different.

Diane-How are you?? Still hanging in there. I have to tell the funny having a baby story and the child birthing classes. I took those too and it was all out the door when I had Marley. I did not remember one thing about it, it was like ohhh water broke, ohhhh wait major pain, oh nice drug, 3 pushes and pop there was baby! I hope you have a quick labor! Just remember drugs are good. What amazes me is how anyone could push a baby out without drugs.

August, since I have no job anymore how about I come and visit you. I can bring my kitty too! I think we would have fun.

Ok, I have to run for a few minutes, but I will be back in a bit to visit some more with everyone.

You are not alone!
I am by your side!
Something something something!
Something something something!

It's 3am. I need to go to sleep.

But the internet connection's good right now so how can I miss the opportunity?

I cleaned. Man, did I clean. I scrubbed and...well, cleaned. Tomorrow I'll go to the store and buy fresh fruit for my friends - Japan has such delicious peaches, figs, nashi (Japanese pear)! Yeah, well, okay, so I want to get some for myself, too. And I'll also drop in a store to pick up a....spare pillow LOL.

Apparently Mom's been using her tape roller cleaner to clean up the carpet...because today when I pulled out her vacuum, you should have seen the look on everybody's faces. Especially Lulu - she darted all the way up her tower, looked down and did this the entire time : http://planetsmilies.net/shocked-smiley-9474.gif

All right. I've got to get some sleep. As I type this belly down on the floor of my Mom's apartment, Yoyo is digging his toenails into my back and pulling, spitting on and chewing my washed hair LMAO.

BECKY -

>Yet then I just found out she LOVES it if I go out in the backyard with her and throw walnuts!!!!

Oh, I totally do the same thing when someone throws cake donuts. LOL.

How funny! Your kitty's favorite toy is....a WALNUT? How on earth did you discover that? Sounds like a cool trick that you could get on Letterman. How cute.

>she has to make it clear that really she's way too sophisticated for TOYS!!

LMAO.

I'm sending good roof vibes your way.

JENNIFER - Glad to hear your porch is coming along. And fantastic to hear that your father is doing so much better. That must be "interesting" to work under people who are making mistakes resulting in extra stuff for you. Well, at least you can learn from their mistakes and be better off from them.

MICHELE - You should have demanded a discount from your hairdresser or something LOL. Forgetting you have a hair appointment - does that mean that you don't really need to get your hair done?

It sounds like you showed your DN a really nice time. It sounded like a fun day. Did you like the movie?

What I'm really trying to ask here is, did you have popcorn? LOL.

Hee hee, it would be so fun to write children's books. I'd love to do the drawings, too, even though I'm not that great at it. I remember in high school having to do a project of writing a children's story that had to rhyme. I had such a blast writing and drawing it. I don't remember much else of high school actually LOL.

JANJAN - I'm here! Yup, my bday is this month...the 28th. I don't suppose anyone will get me some Krispy Kreme LOL.

How kind of your MIL to give a home to the little kitten she found. What a lucky kitty. You should definitely bring your kitty and come visit me and the squirrels. I'll take out my Kitty Dancer and we'll have a blast! Maybe we could even toss walnuts and see what happens.

Okay. Sleep. Before the stampede comes back.

:*

ETA : You all are kind to say you like reading about the squirrels. It did kind of occur to me that I might be talking too much about them...but I feel more confident now to continue bombarding you with silly stories that are totally non-exercise related. :7

x( :-( x( :-( x( :-( x( :-( x( :-( x( :-( x( :-( x( :-( x( :-( x( :-(

That is me right now after finding out it is $900 to fix my air in the Jeep. What you gonna do though you know? Between that and the landscaping I'm going to have done it is a good thing I don't have anything else I'd like to spend the money on, huh? That check is going to be hard to sign but they hope to have it done today, we'll see.

Nothing a good hard workout tonight won't cure though, right? ;)

BBL tonight!

Hi haters. No time to do much more than wave. Yes, it's hot. Yes, I'm tired. No, I'm not doing a workout. Yes, I had a donut on the way home from work. Ok, OK, I had two. Sheesh. Hugs to all who need them. Kitty waves to all the pets. Aaaacccckkkk to Jen's bill. See you tomarrow. Bye.

Hello haters,

Long time, no talk. Just checking in to see what you all are up to. I've had a bit of a rough patch in life, got pretty down on myself for not working out and eating right, but came back to reality and stopped expecting perfection all the time. We can't be perfect all the time, right?

Anyway, I'm glad to see most of you are still on the board. I've missed ya'll!

Nice new avatar, Robin!

August - are you really living with squirrels? LOL That's hilarious.

Robin - It was hot here too for a month or so, but we finally had a break in the heat today. Only 70-something. Phew!

Jen - HI!

As for those I don't know - nice to meet you!

I'll be back tomorrow and the next day and the day after that. Finally, life is on track again. I bought a house! And have a room to work out in! Yay! And school is almost over.

I bought some new Cathe videos... And I lost three pounds just moving into this new house. Life is good!

Talk to ya'll tomorrow!

Arista

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.