Weights after Afterburn and Athletic Training?

susanzabo

Cathlete
Hi,

Just wanting to get some opinions. Can you do weights the day following Afterburn, AT or any other circuit workout (like High Step Challenge, cardio and weights, etc). I am of the opinion it's not a good idea if you have any type of soreness the next day. But after my first time of Afterburn and AT I have no post workout soreness, and I'd love to create a rotation with both of those workouts and some pure weight workouts.

Thoughts?

Thanks all!

Susan

I personally will often do a weight workout after each of those, or if I have a little soreness, I'll do kickboxing so I get some toning but get away from the weights, then I do weights the following day. My understanding is that the weights in Afterburn and AT are really for the cardio factor and revving up the metabolism. I do recommend not necessarily planning on a lower body weight workout after Afterburn though; my butt always has major DOMS for at least 2 days after that one! HTH!

I think that you can, I would just keep the weights light. That's pretty easy to do with Afterburn and AT (I have done those, still gotten a great workout, then did GS workouts the following day without any issues), but may be a bit harder for workouts like Cardio and Weights since the weight portions are meant for a heavier weight. Still as long as you keep the weights light (toning as opposed to muscle building or endurance) I think you'll be fine.

I personally will often do a weight workout after each of those, or if I have a little soreness, I'll do kickboxing so I get some toning but get away from the weights, then I do weights the following day. My understanding is that the weights in Afterburn and AT are really for the cardio factor and revving up the metabolism. I do recommend not necessarily planning on a lower body weight workout after Afterburn though; my butt always has major DOMS for at least 2 days after that one! HTH!

I agree with everything written here by Teresa. Afterburn just kills my LB !!! I have never been able to do a LB weight training workout after it.

Natasha

I think that you can, I would just keep the weights light. That's pretty easy to do with Afterburn and AT (I have done those, still gotten a great workout, then did GS workouts the following day without any issues), but may be a bit harder for workouts like Cardio and Weights since the weight portions are meant for a heavier weight. Still as long as you keep the weights light (toning as opposed to muscle building or endurance) I think you'll be fine.

This is how I do it too. I keep the weights lighter and use them to elevate heart rate.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.