weighted gloves ?

M

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I was previewing the Ab Circuits DVD and I LOVE IT! At the beginning of the Weights and Plates Circuit, you mention that you have gloves on that are 2 lbs. each. The gloves I bought were only available with 1 lb. max in each. I don't see where there is a 2 lb. version available. Can you buy extra weight to insert?

By the way, as I'm watching the STS DVDs, I'm thinking "These are AWESOME!" Just the magnitude of such a huge undertaking is unbelievable. Not to mention the outstanding quality which you are so known for. And the way you continually come up with cool new moves amazes me! You should really be VERY proud of such an accomplishment - THANK YOU!

One more thing, I see that you are going to start STS the 16th. I've always wondered if you worked out to yourself. Is that weird?

Linda

I was curious about these gloves as well. Also, I thought I read on here at one point that SNM was going to make a micro loading glove that was a combination lifting glove so that the palm was not open. Did I dream that?

I just received mine!

Hi Cathe,

I was previewing the Ab Circuits DVD and I LOVE IT! At the beginning of the Weights and Plates Circuit, you mention that you have gloves on that are 2 lbs. each. The gloves I bought were only available with 1 lb. max in each. I don't see where there is a 2 lb. version available. Can you buy extra weight to insert?

By the way, as I'm watching the STS DVDs, I'm thinking "These are AWESOME!" Just the magnitude of such a huge undertaking is unbelievable. Not to mention the outstanding quality which you are so known for. And the way you continually come up with cool new moves amazes me! You should really be VERY proud of such an accomplishment - THANK YOU!

One more thing, I see that you are going to start STS the 16th. I've always wondered if you worked out to yourself. Is that weird?

Linda

Hi Linda,

I just received my weighted gloves and I love them. You can actually take one bag out of the zipper and they convert to 1/2 per glove.

They are very comfortable to wear and I think I will get a lot of use out of them!

size?

How do you know which size to get? I am torn about which size I need, Small or Medium? :confused:

TIA!
Stephanie

Hi Stephanie:

not Cathe, but I have the weighted (palm-less) gloves that are currently on the ShopCathe.com and they do not come in sizes even though there is an option to select a size... in the actual description it says that "one size fits most". I think that the ones Cathe uses in the new STS series have palms but those are not available yet.

I have found that I use these more for lifting weights and they work great to give that little "extra" as needed, but when I do KickMax or KPC, I like to use a glove that I can grab onto in my palms... the Cathe gloves tend to flop a bit for me, but they seem to fit everyone different...

I guess my point is that I have several pair (even one with only a thumb hole that has the weight around the wrist) for different applications and each has their uses for me :)

M: the most weighted gloves I have been able to find is 1.5#'s but they are not usable for lifting as half the weight is in the palm and the .5 is on the back of the hand... Hopefully they might be available soon... You can also try to use adjustable wrist weights. I got a set that are adjustable from 1 to 5 lbs each, but have not tried them yet... still getting used to STS, but eventually they will be handy ;)

enjoy!

Linda

funny you mention this, as I was thinking the exact same thing... how unusual to work out TO yourself :) but I think it speaks VOLUMES that Cathe will actually do these workouts WITH us! I think that is SO cool!

Hi Dani,

I didn't even notice that both weighted gloves (STS and ShopCathe.com) are different. Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe I should wait until those are available at ShopCathe.com if the palm-less gloves are better than the ones currently in shop...does it matter?

Thanks for your reply! :)

Stephanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.