Weight Watchers Sunday 11/5

teddy16410

Cathlete
Good Morning Fellow WWer's....

Personals First:
Jane: Your weekend sounds really "split", I hope you get a little extra down time today and some personal time thrown in as well!

Cheryl: Sorry to hear about the mtr/dtr day, BUT Monday is soooo close! Incredible run... My body HURT thinking about 8.5 miles! You mentioned a little about extra points & nursing then being really hungry when you had to drop points... Did they drop too much for the level you workout???? Just seems to me that "starving" = low metabolism vs "a little hungry" = shake things up.... Just curious...

Kim: I agree- the premixes make Cathes DVDs priceless to me. I love using them to learn workout, a little somrthing extra, and to just keep everything fresh! Great Run for you as well!!!!!

Sandra: WELCOME BACK!!! Missed your humor but so glad you took the time to fully focus w/ your mom. Happy your LB's are feeing better too! That can make the whole world seem like a better place huh?
RE: P90 ?: I think the cardio is VERY different than what we all think of as cardio... what I am finding after week 1 is that the cardio is really getting me in muscles that I obviously have been missing w/ step/hiLo/Kick.... My body is a noodle today and I think the variety & unique moves in his cardio will be good for me long term. I can deal w/ 40 minutes of "different" thrown in (I still gotta use my cathes & Amys) to get the results I am looking for.

Amy: WooHoo you got your package!!!!! Let me know what you think... People seem to love/hate TJ (especially strength trning) Glad you're starting to recover, be careful not to overdo or you'll be down all week....

Jennifer: I'll be keeping fingers crossed on your upcoming promotion. You just tell the decision makers to log on here and we'll give them GLOWING reviews about your dedication & commitment to excellence! Cool on the Sunday YOGA! I have never been able to get into it and actually have a DREAD factor. I took it off my P90 rotation for at least a month.... cant even bear to look at the DVD! Now thats STUPID! I must have had a bad experience w/ a YOGI in my past lives somewhere...Your new DVD list is awesome... every one is a winner & your rotation ideas sound really great! GOODBYE last few pounds!

Buffy: YEA!!!!!! You are getting back up to par.... So happy you got your P90's.... Look at your Fitness Guide as it really helps to make sense of it all... Also: If I had to do over again I'd definately do a quick DVD preview (I never do).... Keep in mind that Cardios are:
Core Synergistics, Kenpo (kick), Cardio X (so as you are working rotations that is helpful.... PLYOMETRICS is a LOWER workout (yes cardio factor but definately count as lower).
For the rotation you asked about... Two ideas:
1. Follow his "Classic" rotation subbing any cardio you want (no wts tho) where ever he lists 1 of his cardios. I'm just rotating thru my cardios that I love w/ his.... The strength training is outlined really good in his rotations.
2. I like 1 body part a day & I do Lower 2x a week.. So heres my next few days (this is a 7 on 1 off rotation)
Sun 11/5: Kick: Kenpo
Mon 11/6: Lower + Abs: Butts & Guts
Tue 11/7: Stretch: Stretch X
Wed 11/8: Shoulders + Abs: P90 Shoulders (2 DVDs) + Cathe Guts
Thur 11/9 Legs + Cardio: P90 Legs + BM2 Timesaver Cardio
Fri 11/10 Back + Abs: P90 Back (3 DVDs) + Ab Ripper
Sat 11/11 Bicep + Cardio: P90 Biceps(2 DVDs) + Drill Max Cardio
Sun 11/12 Tricep + Cardio: P90 Tricep(2 DVDs) + LIC Cardio
Mon 11/13 Lower + Abs: Butts + Guts (Any Cathe Lower)
Tue 11/14 Chest + Kick: P90 Chest (2 DVDs) + Kenpo
Wed 11/15 Stretch:Stretch
Hope that helps... If you want something specific for you just let me know what goals you have & I can try & help.
I'll end this novel now and do stats check in after another cup of joe!

Quick n Short":p

Yesterday: AM: Body Max 2 Cardio Blast Premix- LOVED IT! Easy enough choreography even for me!!! High Fun factor- 550cal burn in 58 min!
PM: P90 Legs & Back.... OH MY GOSH.... DOMS in new places like never before (and not 1 barbell in sight for this one) A FIRST: My love handles are SCREAMING this morning as are back muscles (I never feel them)... I used band over door for pull ups.

Today: P90 Kick: KenpoX + Stretch Max (all 3 segments :eek: )

Made a great 1 point egg drop soup that I really love.. if anyone wants recipe let me know.

Back later!!!:7

Good Morning Traci!

Wow, sounds like a killer rotation for you! I just got done previewing B&G and CF last night. It looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait until I can get back into it.

I think that tonight I may try Basic Step before work just to get the feet wet first. I did that the last time I was sick and it wasn't hard at all, and I totally didn't feel like I broke a sweat, but at least it's something, right?

One thing I noticed was really interesting about my eating while I was sick. Normally I eat 5-6 small meals of protein, veggies, fruit, etc with some complex carbs tossed in (brown rice, whatever). Well, while I have been sick, I have craved carbs. Oatmeal (I hardly ever eat oatmeal), rice, bread, noodles, whatever, as long as it's carbs. That, and I was only eating about 3 times a day because that's when I was hungry. I didn't track points at all, but mentally was keeping track and was eating only about 18-20 points/day. Fortunately I was able to keep up with the water intake, even with a raging sore throat! I know that I am feeling better, though, because I was craving an apple this morning. That, and a little something sweet, which was totally not my thing all week. Heck, we even still have the bowl of Halloween candy on the table that I haven't even touched and it's got my favorite candy bars in it (Mounds and Almond Joy!!!).

Sorry for the rambling. I am going to try and stay up a little longer then head back to bed so I can work my one night in a row (I am SO glad I don't have to make up sick days!!).

Hi Amy! Think you are very smart to do something really easy for you to let your body continue to heal...I read something about the carb cravings and being sick... theres brain/medical evidence that supports that whole thing. I rarely lose wt when I'm sick or fatigued because all my body wants is carbs & I am highly sensitive to them.

BUFFY: I had another thought for your rotation of cathe/P90
Very easy to put Cathes new stuff into a CTX type of rotation. BM2, Drill Max & LIC would definitly work Using Mix N Match Option:
BM2 or LIC or DM Cardio (you decide what & how long)
+ 1 or two body parts off the same dvd then go to P90 and do those same body parts.
I am actually going to make a note for myself to try that in February when my 90 day rotaion is up.

Good morning WWer's!

Traci - I only wound up working 3 hrs yesterday, 2 yest. a.m. and 1 last night before bed. I'll work the other hour sometime today. I find it very difficult to get on the work computer on the weekends I have off!! Oh my your w/o's are sounding wonderful!!! I am going to print out that rotation you posted so I can try it one of these days. I've barely cracked open my P90X.

Amy - so glad you are on the mend. Great job on giving your body good carbs!

Buffy - so glad you are on the upswing too.

My DH took me to Fire Mountain last night to eat. BUFFET!!! YIKES!! I don't handle buffets very well but I surprised myself. I had the grilled salmon, green beans, a very small amount (about a 1/4 cup of garlic mashed potatoes), a nice size salad with LF raspberry vinegarette with a few sunflower seeds, and SF, FF chocolate pudding for dessert. I did have a "taste" (about two small spoons) of some kind of lemon pudding type thing which was not SF but ohhhhh was it good. I was full and very proud of myself! Oh I did indulge in a yeast roll, I figured that was way up there in points but when I checked it on the WW website under restaurants (Fire Mtn was on there thank goodness), it said 3 points! YAY!

Today is a 20 minute run for me and bonus abs from B&G. It is suppose to be beautiful here today so may extend my run depending on how I feel at the time. LIC was WONDERFUL yesterday. That is going to be my favorite I believe. I still have DrillMax to go tomorrow and haven't done Cardio Fusion yet, but not sure how anything can top LIC. That was just plain fun!!

Off to get a second cup of coffee and get ready for church. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Hi girls!

Ok, you know how I said before that I'd be leaning on your guys for support? Well... I am about to lean on you guys for support LOL.

Warning: I'm about to whine, whine, and whine some more.

So I should first start by saying I weigh myself everyday. I know, I know, I should stick to once a week, but I do like to keep an eye on it every day just to see the trends. The other day I mentioned that I had managed to maintain so far this week--not a shock, considering I've been really struggling with being OP this week. Well today I weighed in (I always weigh in at the same time of day: first thing in the morning, after I go to the bathroom and before I eat), and now I've gained a pound. Ugh. A pound, you say? That's nothing, right? But it's just the principle of it. Though I struggled with being OP with weight loss points this week, I would have been OP with maintenance points, so at the very least I SHOULD HAVE MAINTAINED, not gained. It's so frustrating to me that the margin of error seems soooooo tiny. I admit I haven't made the best of food choices this week. My food diary reflects that. But there are weeks when I'm "perfect"--i.e. perfectly OP and making really great food choices--and still not seeing the results on the scale.

It's really, really, really frustrating. Have I mentiond it's frustrating? ;)

I just feel like the tiniest slip-up can result in a very obvious weight gain, but it takes a herculean effort to make a dent in the weight loss--and even when I have a week like last week when I DID have a weight loss, the very next week, I gain a pound back! Two steps forward, three steps back, as they say. It's annoying and demoralizing.

I KNOW that Weight Watchers works; it worked for me like nothing ever has. But ever since I went lifetime, I do go through moments when I wonder why it won't work as well for me now. It just seemed so much easier before. And it scares me to think that WW may not be the answer for me anymore, because I've tried just about everything else that's out there and I know they don't work for me!

I'm supposed to hear back from my nutritionist sometime this week (she wrote me last week to tell me she had started my analysis, based on the three day food diary I gave her), so maybe that'll offer some insight. I just feel as though once again, I'm without some sort of map or compass. I've studied human nutrition; I know the basic tenets of weight loss and maintenance, and yet, it never seems as black and white as calories consumed = calories expended. And it's... (say it with me) FRUSTRATING.

Ok, enough whining. I hope I haven't depressed everyone, and in fact, I am looking for the opposite: I am desperate for encouragement. Please help? :)

Jennifer

Good morning,

Sunday is my rest day. I slept in all the way until 7:15am - nice!

Traci - thank you for the warm welcome back! If I get both my new Cathe's and the P90X workouts on Monday, I may be in absentia for a while longer, trying to preview and do them all at once LOL! I'm looking forward to new stuff. How was the craft show yesterday?

Amy - Oh my, I missed the fact that you've been very sick lately. I feel terrible for you. It sounds like it was an awful bout. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Basic Step is a perfect workout for getting back into the swing of things. Thank heavens Cathe makes so many different levels of workouts. They all have their use.

Jane - you did AMAZING at the buffet yesterday!!! And your meal sounds very delicious, to boot! Great job! All this talk of the new workouts is driving me crazy. I've been chomping at the bit to do LIC. I'm still really frustrated that my dvds got lost. If they don't come tomorrow, I don't know what I will do. I might explode. Have a great run!

Cheers,
Sandra

Jennifer: I'm back to WI daily... I keep a daily log in bathroom next to scale.. looking at the last 4 weeks of "dailys"... Within a 7 day period (EVERY SINGLE WEEK) my weight fluctuats anywhere from 1-5 pounds depending on food choices NOT points! Sodium, red meat dinners, carbonated zero calorie beverages, gas, and YES just the amounts of water I drink and time I have my last meal...they all affect the daily.... If you are going to weigh daily you just gotta keep it in perspective or you'll start doing things that will sabotage your TRUE loss! Day to day is not true loss or true gain... only the weekly numbers can be looked at for that.... Even bigger pictures like 10 -14 days are more reflective of truth on scale.

Probably didnt help but it is true my dear...;-)

Hi, everyone!

Jennifer - I agree with Traci on your WI woes... if you weigh every day, you have to prepare yourself to not be unhinged by the fluctuations, and they will happen. If you eat Chinese, if you did a strong weight workout... practically anything could make it appear up at least one pound. I wouldn't be surprised if you weigh in tomorrow morning and it's already gone. I don't know if that helps... but I feel for you!!

Traci, I would love the 1 point egg drop soup recipe :)

I am re-committed after yesterday's WI - it was UP to 137.8. My first WI in 3 weeks, and it was not good. I actually stayed for the meeting (which I think I'm going to start doing) and spoke to the counselor.

Traci, yes, your suspicion was right on - I've been excercising too hard to not eat the AP's, or at least a portion of them - I've been trying to avoid the APs and the flex points and it led to starvation mode. I had 2 glorious weeks and then got so hungry I fell clear off the wagon with my eating. A true 3 steps forward 2 steps back.

So I'm eating at least 1/2 the APs, but in healthy food, and I think I should see some real improvement from here on in.

Thanks for all of your encouragement! We'll make it! I know we will!

Cheryl

Jane: I want a Fire Mtn here!!!!!!! Oh gosh that sounded so yummy.... I am amazed at how well you did! High 5
Curious on reviews for Bonus Abs... I have that one on the schedule next week or 2.

Sandra: LOL You will SO be AWOL Monday when Christmas arrives!!! ENJOY every minute of the experience! Thanks for asking about the craft show... it was mediocore but the girlfriend bonding time was THE BEST!

CLAUDE: Go check out the P90X thread going on open discussion... just had 2 posts that really explain it nicely...can ya tell I want you to get it???

Cheryl: I'll get that recipe posted a bit later- promise. So sorry your WI was disappointing but it really sounds like you have already identified the main issue (starvation) and you have an awesome plan to turn it around. I bet two weeks tops to take care of those few pounds. I am JAZZED about you possibly becoming a ww leader! How exciting... You would be great at it! Talk about motivation to stay on track!

I whipped out todays workout KENPO (kick) & added Ab Ripper & StretchMax. Gotta say that Kenpo is my kind of kickboxing workout! I sweated like crazy and it is 100% low impact (except for air jacks he throws in during a cool down...some cool down huh?). This is my favorite kickbox in my inventory... VERY HAPPY :7

DH & MIl back in few hours so I have to get laundry started and think about the menu for tonights dinner... I'd much rather hang w/ you guys.

BBL;-)

Traci and Cheryl: thank you sooooo much for your encouraging words. This was exactly what I needed!! I know my perspective's kind of screwy right now, so I needed voices of reason to tell me that there are always going to be fluctuations and not to get too frustrated by them.

{{hugs}}

Jennifer

Jennifer,

Think of it this way: unless you somehow ate 3500 *extra* calories yesterday, that 1 pound this morning is NOT fat gain. It is something else. There are a number of things that register on the scale every morning, and they are very normal. Consider the fact that food itself has weight. Many have the same caloric density, but are heavier or lighter than each other (i.e., a 70 calorie egg versus a 70 calorie *big big* bowl of lettuce). There's also water consumption and retention. Then there's the amount of glycogen stored in your muscles to help you exercise. If you have lots of glycogen in your muscle reserves (maybe yesterday was a rest day, or a lighter day?) you will be heavier on the scale. Carbohydrates are the foods that your body turns into glycogen, so if you had a high carb week (even if they were healthy ones), you just may have more glycogen in your muscles. That's a good thing. Oh my, there are so many reasons for your weight to register heavier or lighter day to day.

A much less torterous way to view your weight is to give yourself a 2 pound range. Track your weight daily if you like, but don't fret or get too excited if it stays within a 2 pound range, either up or down. Graph it if you like, and then look at the graph after a month or so. If it is gradually decreasing, then celebrate. If it's gradually increasing, then it's time to tweak things.

I understand your frustration. I found it much easier to lose 72 pounds in one big go, 3 years ago, than I'm finding it to lose 10 pounds this time around. I think it's taking me even longer to lose the 10 pounds, to be honest. I hope now that I'm no longer nursing, things move along at a better pace. Keep plugging along. You know you're doing the best you can, and that's the most important thing.

Take care,
Sandra

Traci -- the bonus abs on the SB from B&G are tough. I will have to work up to some of these exercises. Just when I think I'm in pretty good shape, Cathe throws me a curve ball!!! Those side planks ON THE SB are interesting, to say the least!!!:eek:

Hi everyone -
I was MIA yesterday - trying to get too much done in one day and ended up not accomplishing anything I wanted to.

Jennifer - I WI every day and know EXACTLY what you're feeling - my scale did the same thing to me on Friday and I was so frazzled by it. But Sandra and Traci and everyone else are right, we both have to remind ourselves that day to day weight will flucuate, sometimes by as much as 2 lbs or more. It's the long term that we have to focus on. Deep breath, we can handle this. (OK, just between you and me - do you weight yourself twice to make sure the scale gives you the same number every time? If mine doesn't, I'll end up weighing myself over and over until I get the same number three times in a row, anal retentive right??)

I did B&G yesterday - loved it. Firewalkers -- LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I must be sick in the head, but I love the way they made my legs and glutes feel. I could feel them working right then and there.

Today was supposed to be Imax, but I slept in and went to breakfast with DH while DD slept in. Then we got home and did Paintmax. Primer is now on the foyer walls, 1st coat of paint goes up tonight after dinner. Yea!

I've decide to try Core. I need to shake up my eating. I looked at the Core plan and it's basically clean eating. I did very well over the summer when I focused on clean eating within the Flex plan for several weeks. I'm thinking that by doing Core a) I'll have to look up almost everything for the first few weeks as I don't know off the top of my head what's core and what's not - that will keep me honest; b) it'll be a slight shift in my eating habits which may help me shake this funk I've been in. What the heck, right?

Traci - you are tempting me too much. I think I'll order P90X and give to DH to give me for Xmas. That way he won't have to shop - isn't that thoughtful of me?

Sandra - glad that you focused on enjoying your visit with Mom. Good job getting a work out in every day - it's so tempting to skip WO when the schedule gets changed up.

Cheryl - Darn it on girls night out with DD. Hope all goes well on Monday!

Amy - so glad you're starting to feel better. Basic step was the very first ever Cathe workout I did.

Jane - Congrats on doing so well at the buffet! I find it tough to work from home too. It's too easy to get side tracked by all the stuff that needs to get done here.

Gotta take DD's freind home now. Have a great Sunday evening everyone! Back to the daily grind tomorrow.

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Just finished Butts & Guts. Wow, what a workout. I'm feeling it already.

Tomorrow I'm going to start P90X. Thanks, Traci for all the tips on adding in Cathes. I'm still kind of trying to decide how to tackle it all but your ideas are great.

Eatingwise, I've done well this weekend even with my trip out of town. I was actually down a couple of pounds this morning from my WI on Fri.

Buffy

Basic Step did not happen tonight. I just couldn't wake up, and when I did, my HR was racing like I had finished working out! I know that when my body isn't doing so well, I have a fast HR. Maybe that's why Rhythmic Step was so whacky last week. Who knows?

Anyway, I was getting ready for work (DH was so nice and went to the store and got me some cough syrup and cough drops for work) when the phone rang. Apparently, census is so low at work that 3 nurses were getting called off and 2 were floating to somewhere else in the hospital. Fortunately for me, the day shift supervisor (with whom I spoke with yesterday) remembered that I had been sick and called me off tonight! Yea!!! Another thing that reminded me that I wasn't doing so whippy was when I was taking off my work clothes, I had to expend a bit of energy to get my compression stockings off, so much so that I was a wee dizzy when I got them off.....whew, had to hold on to the bed for that!

Anyway, Fire Mountain sounds lovely, although I have't heard of them before. Jane, you did awesome!

Claude- Keep up the great work!

Cheryl- That's what I did all summer and it got me so frustrated! I have yet to find my "perfect" formula between APs and Flexies

Jennifer- I totally know how you feel, but please don't dwell on it, you will get yourself too focused on the 1 pound and forget the forrest for the trees! That's what happened to me this past summer, I got so focused on the fact that I wasn't losing that I forgot that I had already lost over 65 lbs!

Traci- Again, you are a wealth of information and support! Thanks for everything....Mom! I hope that your DH and MIL had a good weekend.

Buffy- I am glad that you are back up to speed and able to workout. Congrats on the "unofficial" WI!!!

Everyone else....sorry I missed you. Nothing intended by it, my memory just isn't very sharp tonight. I will check in with you all in the morning.

<(OK, just between you and me - do you weight
>yourself twice to make sure the scale gives you the same
>number every time? If mine doesn't, I'll end up weighing
>myself over and over until I get the same number three times
>in a row, anal retentive right??)
>

*hee* How did you know??? ;)

Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.