Weight Watchers Janurary

punka274

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Im Amelia, I've been doing weight watchers for about two weeks now. So far I've lost 4lbs.

Im a 34 yr old married mother of two who works at a bakery.

This isn't my first time with WWers, I did the program about 6yrs ago with great success and I'm hoping for the same results again. Along with WWers Im shooting for 5 - 30+minute workouts a day.

Tell me about yourself:) (gotta go to work so I will be back later)

Hi Amelia,

I'm Jen. Been on and off with weight watchers. Recommitted two weeks ago and haven't lost anything. Trying hard not to be discouraged. About 10 years ago I tried ww and had amazing success. I wanted to lose 10 lbs and dropped 20 with ease. The pounds crept on again slowly.At this time I want to lose 10-15 lbs, we will see what happens. I have been an avid Cathe fan for about 20 years now. I can't remember when I started, but I have almost everything she's ever made. I am currently doing the 90day undulating Xtrain rotation and loving it. In addition I've added in two evenings of Zumba just because it's so much fun:D. :D:D. Fitness has always been something that has been easy to work into my schedule. I get up early and exercise every morning before work.I've been diligent with it for many many years- that 's my area of strength (pun intended). I have two kids in college (twins), I miss them a lot! I am a 4th grade ICS teacher. I am lucky to love my 4th grade kiddos. Going to work everyday is a pleasure! I'm also thinking of going to the Glassboro RT this year. I've never been. I'm just wondering if I'd feel weird going alone, dont know. Anyway, I think I've said more than enough about myself. Nice to "meet" you. Here's to WW success!! Jen

Also, I looked on this thread earlier from my phone and thought I saw a post from someone named Shereta. I can't find it now. Did you happen to see it? It's like it just disappeared.

Want to join

I joined weight watchers in September, I started Cathe's beginners rotation a week after I started weight watchers. I lost 16 lbs by the end of November. Then of course the Holidays! I stopped working out and got totally off track so now I am about -10 lbs. Yup it comes back that fast. So I would love to join you ladies in checking in every day. I am 45 years old single mom with a 16 year old DD. I also work in a Bakery how funny. So im looking forward to checking in. Hopefully this will get me going again in the right direction.

Morning,

Glad to 'meet' you guys. :) I forgot to say that I get 31 points a day. How many do you get? Or are you just eating power foods ( think its called simply filling?)

I didn't do very good yesterday with my eating and never got in a workout. I woke up early to get in a workout but ended up talking to my DH instead (he works night shift so when we're both working on the same day, we don't see each other that much:()

So my goal today is to stay on plan + get in a very good workout. I intend on getting in a strong power walk & some upper body work.

Im not really following any rotation, I try to work each muscle group twice a week and get in 3 days of cardio:)

ok...im off work today so I will be back after my workout with some personals:)

ok...just kick some butt. Did 40mins of power walking + Xtrains Burn sets All upper body:D . Around 100 minutes of total workout time.

I will bb later. Gotta run to the grocery store.

Great Job, Ameilai!! I strayed from my rotation today and did 50 min of Zumba instead of bis and tris. Glad I did, it was fun. I will pick up tomorrow with bis and tris and add Ride in. I've been substituting Ride for AOLI. I'm really surprised that AOLI hurts my knees! I expected Cardio Leg Blast to be a problem for my knees and that has been fine, go figure! I get 26 points a day and I've been really hungry. I haven't really lost anything and actually put on a pound this week.

Jen and Amelia

I get 26 points a day I had a lot of success with weight watchers in the past my job actually got a grant from New York State so anyone that was interested in Weight Watchers it was free. That was about 6 years ago but I had great success. That was when I found Cathe on fit tv. I have been on again and off again the fitness train since then mostly off. So I am grateful we can give each other some support. Today I did Basic Step today and Stability Ball Abs. I ordered x-train and got it but I am worried it might be above my level. What do you think? Is it something only advanced can do or just jump in and try and modify where necessary?

I get 26 points a day I had a lot of success with weight watchers in the past my job actually got a grant from New York State so anyone that was interested in Weight Watchers it was free. That was about 6 years ago but I had great success. That was when I found Cathe on fit tv. I have been on again and off again the fitness train since then mostly off. So I am grateful we can give each other some support. Today I did Basic Step today and Stability Ball Abs. I ordered x-train and got it but I am worried it might be above my level. What do you think? Is it something only advanced can do or just jump in and try and modify where necessary?

I say go for it mlouski, just modify things that bother your knees.

I used to do all of Cathe high impact stuff but ever since I started working full time and on my feet for 8+ hours my body just can't handle all that jumping. I suffer from Plantar fiaciitis too so I really have to watch it. :confused:

Great Job, Ameilai!! I strayed from my rotation today and did 50 min of Zumba instead of bis and tris. Glad I did, it was fun. I will pick up tomorrow with bis and tris and add Ride in. I've been substituting Ride for AOLI. I'm really surprised that AOLI hurts my knees! I expected Cardio Leg Blast to be a problem for my knees and that has been fine, go figure! I get 26 points a day and I've been really hungry. I haven't really lost anything and actually put on a pound this week.

Thanks girl, Great job on the Zumba - thats awesome! I've always wanted to try Zumba. There are two classes that are close by but I have to join the gym for them. I've been considering it...

Are you guys eating your activity points? Are you eating your 49 flex points? I have to confess, I've been eating everything:confused: :p

Last edited:
I don't usually eat my activity points but I do usually get into my 49 points over the weekends. I just got totally off track over the holidays. Sometimes I am not sure how accurate those activity points are. I know it says I earned 7 for 1/2 hour of step aerobics so I am not sure if that seems kinda high but then and upper body workout or worse a lower body workout is only 1 or 2. My legs and butt usually scream after lower body and it only is 1 or 2 geez! Didn't get a workout in today my DD is a cheerleader and we had a long day at competitons. What kind of Bakery do you work in punka? I did have a decent diet day I packed fruit and yogurt to munch on while sitting in bleachers and stopped at subway on the way home.

I don't use my activity points either but I still keep a tally just cause I like to see them accumulate.I use my heart rate monitor to calculate points. I have a polar that indicates caloric burn based on my HR, WT and Age. I read somewhere that it's 1pt for every 80 calories burned. I use that calculation to figure my points and I always round down, so if I burn 290 calories I'd only track 3 pts. I do use all of my 49 points and that is usually on the weekends.I was very successful in the past, but so far I am not having much luck this go around.I've just turned 50 and things have definitely changed. It takes much more discipline and focus to make any kind improvement. I just think about how things would be if I didn't bust my butt everyday!!!

I forgot to mention that I did Ride and burn sets Bis & Tris today!

Last edited:
Wow you are such an inspiration! Thanks for the calories burned to point ratio. You will have to excuse my responses with lack of smiley faces and so on my daughter says I am electronically challenged lol! Fourth grade is such a great age they have settled into school and they are not mean yet like they get in middle school. I try to workout in mornings I work a funny shift though noon till bout 930 pm by the time I leave. I am lucky though my commute is about a four minute walk.

Oh and congrats on your two workouts today I think I'm gonna try to start x train to I think I'm afraid to push myself and I don't know why!

I don't usually eat my activity points but I do usually get into my 49 points over the weekends. I just got totally off track over the holidays. Sometimes I am not sure how accurate those activity points are. I know it says I earned 7 for 1/2 hour of step aerobics so I am not sure if that seems kinda high but then and upper body workout or worse a lower body workout is only 1 or 2. My legs and butt usually scream after lower body and it only is 1 or 2 geez! Didn't get a workout in today my DD is a cheerleader and we had a long day at competitons. What kind of Bakery do you work in punka? I did have a decent diet day I packed fruit and yogurt to munch on while sitting in bleachers and stopped at subway on the way home.

I work in a grocery store Bakery. About 99% of the time I love my job, but it can get hectic around the holidays. I'm the assistant manager there and I hate being in charge:eek: I'm actually thinking about stepping down in another year or so. The job can get too overwhelming for me. :) How about you? What kind of bakery do you work in?

I agree with you on the activity points. I also notice that there is a huge difference between moderate points given and high intensity points given?

I don't use my activity points either but I still keep a tally just cause I like to see them accumulate.I use my heart rate monitor to calculate points. I have a polar that indicates caloric burn based on my HR, WT and Age. I read somewhere that it's 1pt for every 80 calories burned. I use that calculation to figure my points and I always round down, so if I burn 290 calories I'd only track 3 pts. I do use all of my 49 points and that is usually on the weekends.I was very successful in the past, but so far I am not having much luck this go around.I've just turned 50 and things have definitely changed. It takes much more discipline and focus to make any kind improvement. I just think about how things would be if I didn't bust my butt everyday!!!

I forgot to mention that I did Ride and burn sets Bis & Tris today!

Nice job with Bis and Tris & ride yesterday! I used to have a HRM but it quite working and I didn't replace it.:rolleyes:
I agree with you on age and having to have more discipline for results.
Back in my 20's I was able to drop a ton of weight pretty quickly, but now that I'm approaching my mid thirties its getting harder. And with life constantly changing and giving us obstacles it makes it that much harder.

So my meeting is tonight and im pretty sure I won't be weighing in.:eek: This week was a bust. I think I counted one day on track:eek:

I plan on getting back on track today and trying my best with staying on plan.

ok---off to work I go

Hi Ladies.

I hope you don't mind my joining your check in. :)

My name is Wendy. I am married with an almost 8 year old son. I am almost 41 years old. I worked at a bank for just over 2 years when I got laid off back in March of 2012. It's taken me almost one year but I've finally gotten a new job and start it tmrw! :eek: I am also in the midst of certifying to become a personal trainer. My ultimate goal is to make enough money to be able to resign from my office job!

I first went on WW in 2011 and successfully lost over 10# in about 4 months. I kept it off for a while but then I got lazy about watching what I eat/tracking and gained some of it back. Not a lot but just enough to make my clothes uncomfortable. :rolleyes: So now I'm back on it. I love the program! :)

I have to go back now and read the thread so that I can "meet" all of you. I'll come and post again after my work out this afternoon.

BBL!:cool:

Hi Wendy, Welcome! Glad to hear about your new job. That must be a relief. I was certified as a personal trainer many years ago but never really took off with it. It was my second job. Life got busy with the birth of my children and relocating for my husband's job, working my regular job etc.
My weight loss rate is similar to yours. It would take me about 4 months to lose 10# at this point. About 10 years ago I lost almost 20 pounds in 7 weeks on WW that is not happening this time around. I need help being patient! I 'd be thrilled with a 10-15 lbs. weight loss.

Amelia,Good luck with your meeting! I know how you feel! It's been hard this time around and I almost get afraid to step on the scale. Some people at work are doing WW and losing like 3-4 pounds a week. I just say nothing- I mean how could you possibly gain weight on WW?
On another note, how do you post quotes? I've been cutting and pasting so I'm able to reply to everyone. i can't seem to figure it out.

Mlouski- do not be afraid of Xtrain!! It is fantastic and not overly difficult. I have knee issues that sometimes cause me a lot of pain and have been able to modify as needed. I'm loving it!
So funny about being electronically challenged, I was reading this post originally from my iphone and realized I don't know how to post from my phone,:rolleyes:

Hope I didn't miss anybody. As soon as I figure out how to do this quote thing it will be easier to post!

BTW, anyone thinking about going to the Glassboro RT? I live in NJ and have never been. I'm thinking I might take the plunge this year if I can get a spot.

That's it for now.

Today is my rest day!!! Hope you all have a great Sunday!!

Hey ladies can u tell me how much it cost to do WW ? And do u have to go to meetings? I think why cant a person calculate points and eat only those point? Or do you have to sign up to understand. I am thinking of trying it but cant afford much.

Last edited:
Renee,
It depends on the plan you choose. If you do it completely on-line I believe it is about $18 a month. If you go to meetings and use e tools it is around $40 a month. i also think the fees vary by region. Not sure. There are many free on-line resources that can help with calorie tracking. My fitness pal is a good resource. I know there are others as well, I just can't remember which ones right now. Jen

You were so right about X-Train I did the first disk today I had to modify the pushups I can only do about 4 on my toes before I crumple to my knees. I think my chest and shoulders will feel it tomorrow if not later at work. I am going to try to really stay on track this week I have such a hard time tracking. I don't have a smart phone yet of course my daughter does she paid for it herself though. I feel really good like I accomplished something today!

Ameila I have skipped meeting cause I didn't want to weigh in either! Hence the six pound gain over the holidays. When I went back though one lady said there were only like 3 people the previous week so I guess I wasn't the only one. Oh and I am second shift supervisor in a bread bakery. I know what you mean about being in charge and not liking it.

Jennifur I have always had trouble when other people had more success than me. There is a lady at work that lost like 40 lbs in two months. Instead of being happy for her I just keeping that's not healthy and it won't stay off. I am embarrassed to admit that. I just know where your comming from that's all.

Welcome wendy looking forward to hearing more about you.

Have a great day and thanks for the advice.

Hi Ladies.

I hope you don't mind my joining your check in. :)

My name is Wendy. I am married with an almost 8 year old son. I am almost 41 years old. I worked at a bank for just over 2 years when I got laid off back in March of 2012. It's taken me almost one year but I've finally gotten a new job and start it tmrw! :eek: I am also in the midst of certifying to become a personal trainer. My ultimate goal is to make enough money to be able to resign from my office job!

I first went on WW in 2011 and successfully lost over 10# in about 4 months. I kept it off for a while but then I got lazy about watching what I eat/tracking and gained some of it back. Not a lot but just enough to make my clothes uncomfortable. :rolleyes: So now I'm back on it. I love the program! :)

I have to go back now and read the thread so that I can "meet" all of you. I'll come and post again after my work out this afternoon.

BBL!:cool:

Welcome Wendy! Its nice to meet you! Congrats on your new job!

Hi Wendy, Welcome! Glad to hear about your new job. That must be a relief. I was certified as a personal trainer many years ago but never really took off with it. It was my second job. Life got busy with the birth of my children and relocating for my husband's job, working my regular job etc.
My weight loss rate is similar to yours. It would take me about 4 months to lose 10# at this point. About 10 years ago I lost almost 20 pounds in 7 weeks on WW that is not happening this time around. I need help being patient! I 'd be thrilled with a 10-15 lbs. weight loss.

Amelia,Good luck with your meeting! I know how you feel! It's been hard this time around and I almost get afraid to step on the scale. Some people at work are doing WW and losing like 3-4 pounds a week. I just say nothing- I mean how could you possibly gain weight on WW?
On another note, how do you post quotes? I've been cutting and pasting so I'm able to reply to everyone. i can't seem to figure it out.

I click the 'off' quotation box in the bottom right hand corner of the post I want to quote. HTH's.

Thanks im on mfp now..was hoping WW would be easier to do for some reason.

Hello Renee! I too was on MFP for a while trying to log my calories and its a wonderful site but for some reason counting points just seems easier?

You were so right about X-Train I did the first disk today I had to modify the pushups I can only do about 4 on my toes before I crumple to my knees. I think my chest and shoulders will feel it tomorrow if not later at work. I am going to try to really stay on track this week I have such a hard time tracking. I don't have a smart phone yet of course my daughter does she paid for it herself though. I feel really good like I accomplished something today!

Nice job on your workout!

Have a great day and thanks for the advice.

Well Ladies. Tonight I plan on going to the WWer meeting but im not weighing in. I need to go for the motivation and support. This week has really thrown me for a loop and I must say my tracking was non existent :eek::(

But coming on here and hearing of you girls still on the program gives me hope that I can do this. :)

I'm off work today and plan on getting in a workout before bed. My last workout was Friday...so I need to get moving.

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.