Weight vest recs?

sunsdaughter

Cathlete
Hi all!
I think I want to get a weight vest since I don't have a squat rack for STS. The reviews of Cathe's vest on her website and on Amazon aren't that great. Amazon has several weight vests but I'd be interested to hear what the Cathletes of the would recommend. Thoughts??
Thx!!!

Hi!

I have two vests. One is called The Walk Vest for walking. I think it's 10 pounds and it fits snug around me with two clasps. I really like it for walking. I tried to use it for weights, but the weights in it are spaced out and the ones near the bottom (my hip area) were very uncomfortable for squats since I'm around 5' tall. So, I bought one of Cathe's 12-20 pound vest because the weights don't go that low. I really like it. One time I put it on upside down and the stretchy parts were on my shoulders. Believe it or not that was more comfortable with the barbell on my back that using the vest right side up. So now I use it that way all the time. I'm up to the full 20 pounds and love it for leg programs that involve no plyo moves. I did Leaner Legs with it the other day and got nice and sore. Butts and Guts is fun with the vest on as well.I love being able to wear the twenty pounds for stationary lunges...it pushes me to use more weight than I normally would and my muscles are getting nice and worked. So that's my experience based on my height and the two vests I have. Look around.

Beth

I also have Cathe's 12-20 pound vest and love it! I actually don't think I use it enough...but am going to start incorporating into more workouts and not just STS.....I'll have to try Beth's upside down method :p, sounds interesting!

Cool. So you two have found no problems with the quality of Cathe's vest then? I'd prefer to purchase hers....

Would a 40 lb vest be overkill? I'm assuming the 20 lb would fit most of the needs for STS....?

Nanbo-let me know what you think with the vest upside down!

Sunsdaughter-for me 20 pounds is heavy enough. You have to sometimes quickly take it off or put it on. Maneuvering 20 pounds up and around can be awkward. I really have to do it slowly and "braced" and usually end up rewinding the dvd anyway since I don't want to hurt myself.

Beth

Beth-B-Fit said:
Nanbo-let me know what you think with the vest upside down!

Sunsdaughter-for me 20 pounds is heavy enough. You have to sometimes quickly take it off or put it on. Maneuvering 20 pounds up and around can be awkward. I really have to do it slowly and "braced" and usually end up rewinding the dvd anyway since I don't want to hurt myself.

Beth

Thanks Beth!! Good advice. :)

I have both Cathe's vests the 10 and the 20. I use them to add weight for lifting.
FYI - my 20 has an Atlus tag on it on not the Cathe logo. I was a little disappointed.

I have not tried to use them for walking.

I've been using a backpack with 20lbs in it.....it works fine for the STS heavy legs routine....but I would never use it for walking...not comfortable at all....if I needed it for more than just four workouts I would purchase a weighted vest

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.