Weight loss Tip

icklemoley

Cathlete
Coconut oil. Amazing stuff. And i mean amazing.
Cook with it.
Eat it.
Do everything with it.

For weight loss, try taking two teaspoons in a little hot water or apple juice, 30 minutes before meals (3x a day). It will cut your appetite in half.

Don't be put off about the high saturated fat content, coconut oil is very very good for you.

I'm confused! My nutritionist (who is great and has both a PhD and an MD) told me to avoid coconut oil like the plague. I can't remember all of the reasons, but something did stick out in my memory - people in the South Pacific use coconut oil as their main oil and their societies have major weight problems.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I would just like to know what about cocnout oil helps with weight loss. I'd be thrilled if it's true - it tasted great. I hate the taste of olive oil.

Edited to add: I just re-read your original post - I guess you are saying that it helps to cut one's appetite?

Results. Well, firstly, my skin is sooooooooooooo soft. Like velvet. But mostly, more energy, and eating less. And i mean less. It just stops the appetite. You still eat, or course, but not as much. I feel better, and look better. I lost 4 pounds in the first two weeks, that is without doing anything else other than adding virgin coconut oil before my three daily meals.

Okay, where do you buy this stuff and what brand do you use? Does it have to stay refrigerated? Thanks for the tip.
Lisa

It needs to be pure pressed, if i can find it in the UK, i'm sure you can find it in the US. Do a google search.

It is hard mostly, but in warm weather it turns to oil. It tastes gorgeous in most food, and cooking with it is great.

Try it, and see what happens.

Ok, I've bought it and have been using it for a few days so far. Should I notice an immediate decrease in appetite? Maybe not taking enough? I've either taken it straight or added it to toast, along with a little peanut butter (which is delicious!). I'll try it for a few weeks.

Thanks for the tip!

PS I found extra virgin coconut oil at Vitamin Shoppe.

Weight loss tip.

30 minutes before each meal (three times aday) put two tablespoons into a little bit of hot water to turn to oil. Then add a little bit of juice (small amount) and consume. Wait thirty minutes and then eat your meals.

You will notice a decrease in appetite. Also use the oil to cook with.

I haven't had the chance to buy this yet but I was wondering what you think is the taste. Can you even taste it once you add it to hot water? Maybe it would be ok to add to hot tea, as that is a little easier to drink? Sorry I'm just curious..
Thanks
~Angel

I started using coconut oil, 3TB per day, and have lost a pound already in a week with no changes in my diet otherwise. I've actually increased calories because of adding the oil and lost. Unbelievable! I'm going to keep up using the oil and see how much more I can lose. I only have another 5-10 to lose before I'll probably be too thin but had hit a plateau before adding the oil. Thanks for the information.:)

Hi Divagirl,

Will you keep us posted on how the oil is working for you. I did buy some but think I may have trouble getting 3 TBS in a day. I was really good with toast and PB.

Winter

>Hi Divagirl,
>
>Will you keep us posted on how the oil is working for you. I
>did buy some but think I may have trouble getting 3 TBS in a
>day. I was really good with toast and PB.
>
>Winter

>I'm confused! My nutritionist (who is great and has both a
>PhD and an MD) told me to avoid coconut oil like the plague.
>I can't remember all of the reasons, but something did stick
>out in my memory - people in the South Pacific use coconut oil
>as their main oil and their societies have major weight
>problems.
>

I heard the same thing. To avoid anything with coconut oil in it. Intersting.

I know it was said you can buy in the US but do u have to buy it online? Is it sold in retail stores? Where do u get your's and how much does it cost?
thanks

I was so pleased when i saw this tip still in progress.

I hope that other people have been using this tip. I now cook with coconut oil as well as using it in hotwater with a little apple juice (2 desert spoons 3 times aday). I am getting to my leanest and like someone else said, this has been my only change in diet, adding oil.

Wonderful stuff.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.