Weight loss check-in 3/10

getnfit@39

Cathlete
Hey everybody, :)

I'll go ahead and start but I have nothing to report. I didn't bother weighing Saturday morning as it was TTOTM so I figured why put myself through it!?

My week was decent, could have been better, but it's been worse, so overall it was decent. Hope everyone else had a good week! :)

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

Good week for me! Down 2 lbs. I'll be entering the bloat zone this week so I'll take it while I can.

I agree with Honeybunch Donna.. less hair has gotta be good for a 1/4 lb at least. Any luck with finding hair prep products? I've always wanted to have a short 'fro but have chickened out. I've been processing my hair every six weeks or so for the last 20 years!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hi everybody,
I unfortunately gained a pound back, but I take full responsibility because my eating has been atrocious. I am so hungry all the time. I am trying to maintain my point range but sometimes I just can't help it. I am trying over this week, however it is only Monday and this afternoon with the kids I just was ravenous so I just kept eating. But I am like that little train, I keep telling myself "I think I can, I think I can", and maybe I will.
Donna, sometimes it is better not to weigh yourself especially with TTOM, when water weight is inevitable.
Hope everyone had a great week,

Till next week,

Phyllis:9

Hi everybody!
I lost 2 1/2 pound this last week which was very encouraging :) I am 1 and 1/2 pounds away from my ten % goal for Weight Watchers. They kind of make a big deal when you lose ten percent of your body weight. So I started at 192.2 and my 10% goal is 173.2 I am sure hoping I can make that this week. Unfortunately my period started yesterday, but I have been handling the cravings pretty well so far. Just one bowl of ice cream thus far :) I can't wait to get into the 160s and into my size 12 shorts. Little goals are so important to me. I have no idea what my long-term weight goal, I'm just taking it five pounds at a time. Hope everyone has a great week. Heather

Congratulations Sharon and Heather! How good you must feel to see results from your efforts! Your losses inspire me. Heather, keep us posted on that 160 break through - seems like 170 is a HUGE barrier for me... but this time we'll both make it!

Donna, I know what you mean about water weight. Between TTOTM last week and allergy medications this week, I can't seem to get and keep myself hydrated enough to know where I am - up 5 pounds, down 5 pounds. Its frustrating. And my favorite water (at restaurants, etc) over here is a sparkling mineral water that has 118 mg/l NA+, so I don't know if choosing that over diet soda is doing me more harm than good when I go out.

Phyllis, I can really relate to the hunger. I've been trying to step up the intensity in all my exercises - like Honeybunch posted (do 150% to get the class up to 75%), even though I'm not teaching. I've been really working on proper fueling, and have even taken to carrying snacks with me - and yesterday I still came home and RAIDED the refrigerator. I even ate cold corned beef and cabbage... Ick!

So, I think my weight is down overall, but I'm really working on the hydration to make sure. I'm really working on the intensity of my workouts, adding core training, and researching fiber. Any thoughts anyone?

Have a great week.

Katie

Sharon.....

LOL, I hope it'll be worth some kind of loss! I've gotten some great product advice from Lollie over at VF, she sent me a PM with a few names of products she's found helpful in keeping her hair moisturized. I'm planning a trip to my local beauty supply store this Thursday, so I'll pick up some stuff then but for now I'm just using what I had on hand which was some hairdressing from TCB (naturals) and some gel by African Pride.
I was processing my hair also every 6 weeks and really because I perspired so heavily in my head I could have done it every 4 weeks if it weren't for the fact I was scared to death of losing my hair! But I was "sweatin through" perms in about 3-4 weeks, so waiting for 6 weeks was hard but I was too chicken to do it sooner.
This is why I'm LOVING the freedom of this "do!" It is so workout friendly!

Donna

Phyllis..............

Don't get discouraged, it's just 1 week and 1 pound! Sometimes our eating gets a bit "out there" but we can pull it back around. What are you trying to aim for as far as calories? Could you be trying to aim too low? I've learned that if you try to starve yourself too much your body will fight back and have you eating like you'd lost your mind! Sort of a reality slap from the body saying, "okay~NO! No we are not trying to live off freakin' some peas and lettuce when you see that pizza sitting over there!" "You better get us some of that pizza NNNNNOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!" :)

Donna

Sharon & Heather congrats on your losses! We'll live vicariously through you this week! :)

Katie, you probably are down, we'll wait for your final verdict, but until then, we'll just consider you down! :)
Let us know how the hydration goes!

Donna

Hi ladies!

Donna: that hair cut must have taken something off! TTOTM is really very discouraging though--I must agree with you there.

Daiseyheather: Good job on the 2+ pounds. You are close to your 10% goal! How tall are you?

Sounds like everyone is still hanging in there through this awful winter and drab, dreary weather that keeps us inside and less active.

I think I may have lost 1 more pound, but I don't understand how because my eating is awful lately. Too much food, and too many meals out at restaurants. I have been extremely stressed out these past few weeks because I decided to change jobs. I went on an interview with another law firm, got the offer, and then the counter-offering began. My current employer bugged me all last week to try to get me to stay, which was nice and flattering, but I knew I wanted to switch jobs. It's just hard when you have a senior partner attorney (a very persuasive one) in your office telling you all the reasons why staying is the right thing to do, and leaving would be all wrong. Then I actually had to give my notice, which truly sucked. UHG. Very stressful. I hope I made the right decision. Anyway, maybe the stress caused the 1 pound to leave.

Hope you are all having a better few weeks than I emotionally and stress-wise.

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.