Weight Cathe uses

kimyenchu

Cathlete
Hello SNM,

I know with the STS series Cathe has decided not to tell us how much weight she is lifting for each exercise, because we should all be lifting according to the 1RM rule. However, I have in the past found that just knowing what Cathe does lift is a great guide to knowing how much I have still to improve or if I am gaining strength when I can lift the same as she does or more for each exercise. I am disappointed that this is excluded in STS. I would've still lifted according the 1RM rule when I do my training, but just to know I am catching up with Cathe is a great motivator.

Can you tell me if this rule will be a fixture in future weight training workouts? Will Cathe produce more series in the same line as Body Blast, Intensity, Hard Core, where you have a combination or cardio and weights? Or would her next series be cardio focus since STS is such a comprehensive weight training system? I do like the description of STS and I am still in two minds about whether I should pre-order: I would probably pre-order if I have to wait till next year or longer for new weights only workouts.

Yen

The purpose of STS is to teach you to use a weight that is correct for you. Selecting your weights by what Cathe uses in a video is just not a good idea nor will it tell you very much. You have to remember Cathe can be on set for up to 20 hours in a day when we film and quite often has to lift weights for the same muscle group on the next day.

Cathe will always try to use a weight that will at least challenge her so she can feel it, but the weights Cathe use depend more on the demands of a long day of filming than on what she would normally use in just a 1hour workout.

All of our strength training workouts from now on will be based on the 1RM test. You certainly don’t have to take a 1RM test to do STS or any workout, but you will not get the same results as someone who does. I suggest you read the article about the 1RM test that we have written at: http://www.cathe.com/STS-1RM.html

Also, you should know that with our WM software you will be able to compare your 1RM with the statistical average of all Catheites. You will also be able to see the 1RM results of any of your “Workout Friends” that wish to allow you to see their results.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.