Weight Bar

Mello

Cathlete
Has anyone tried using handweights instead of the weighted bar for the new HWR series that uses the weight bar?? I don't have a weighted bar and was wondering if I could get by with using handweights or should I purchase the bar and plates?

You don't need a bar if you don't want one. Just use dumbbells like in XTRAIN, she only uses dumbbells in that series. There are a lot of exercises that I sub DB instead of a BB. It just your preference and whatever feels good to you. If you have DB that go heavy enough for you, than you are set.

You don't need a bar if you don't want one. Just use dumbbells like in XTRAIN, she only uses dumbbells in that series. There are a lot of exercises that I sub DB instead of a BB. It just your preference and whatever feels good to you. If you have DB that go heavy enough for you, than you are set.

thank you firemedic! I appreciate your response. I've been considering purchasing barbells but I have so much equipment to work with already and not a lot of space in my house. I just wanted to be sure that what I have will be as effective. I didn't see anything from the User's Guide regarding substituting hand weights for the bar bells. Can anyone recommend a good barbell and weights that don't cost a lot?

I would say check out a used sports store if you have one near you or Walmart/Target. They usually have sets that give you a bar and about 50lbs or so in plates for around $50. I've asked Cathe before about subbing DB for a BB and SNM responded that it's always a personal preference. Best of luck and Happy New Year:)

I would say check out a used sports store if you have one near you or Walmart/Target. They usually have sets that give you a bar and about 50lbs or so in plates for around $50. I've asked Cathe before about subbing DB for a BB and SNM responded that it's always a personal preference. Best of luck and Happy New Year:)
Thank you! I know the target close to me does not carry barbells and plates. I'll check Walmart and/or do some searching online.
Happy New Year !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.