Weider X-Factor: ST

mbmundt

Cathlete
This weekend I saw the Weider X-Factor ST in the store. I had never heard of it. It's an 8 week program.

Wondering if anyone knows anything about it or has it, if it's any good. How does it compare to Cathe? What equipment is needed?

If anyone has any information or feedback, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!
Brenda

I heard about this program from a friend who read about it on the VF forums. It's an all body weight program. No equipment needed. I no longer have the link to the thread but you can probably do a search for it. I also know you can find info on the web about the program.

HTH.

There is a huge discussion over at VF on the general discussion forum. People have posted their thoughts and a breakdown of the workouts all of which has been very positive. I caved and ordered and should receive mine tomorrow or thursday.

Thanks for the link. I'll have to go and check it out.

Kariev - I'd love to hear what you think of it once you get it and have the chance to try it.

Thanks!
Brenda

ok, so i got my workouts yesterday. Last night i previewed week 1 and 2 and decided to do these back to back today for a bodyweight circuit. I really liked it. I like having no equipment (i didn't use the perfect pushups that came with it as I find them uncomfortable) The workouts are composed of 12 exercises. You do them circuit style. 6 exercises, rest 60 seconds (thought I skipped the rest) 6 new exercises, rest, then you repeat the cycle. The second time through is a bit faster. I was a sweaty mess. When I first started I thought it was easy but the intensity crept up on me. Week 2 was definately more challenging then the first so I think there will be a nice progression each week. I haven't previewed the others yet but I think this is worth getting. The workouts are 40 minutes total including WU and CD. They make great addons to other workouts your doing or good for travel workouts. I felt like I got a great workout this morning.

Similar to Cathe STS Cardio Add-ons

Weider X ST is very similar to the STS Cardio Add-ons.
There are 3 demonstrators (2 men., 1 woman) and the Trainer.
They are all doing the same exercise, but at different speeds, and levels.
The trainer does many of the exercises, but UNLIKE CATHE does not do all of them as he is walking around (think Jillian-style) It can be distracting if you are looking to him for your LEAD ... as we do Cathe.

The three workouts that specifically come to mind as most similar are:
Core Cardio Circuits
Drill Max
HIIT (all three)

I got mine free - with a gift-card. The price was $41.70 (tax included)

I had purchased the Supreme 90-day a while back for $19.00.
Supreme 90-day is definitely better than P90X (both in price and main trainer)
But, Weider X ST is better than both of them.

I WOULD NOT say that Weider X ST is nearly as good as ANY Cathe.
But, then I am a total Cathe Fan.
Cathe is precise in her movements and for the most part hits the beat of the music.
The camera shots on ALL of Cathe's workouts keep you focused on each exercise without all the cutting and/or room shots.

I would compare this to the look of the BeachBody Intensity series - which I do not have.
But, from the infomercial - they look comparable.....at less than 1/3-1/4 the price ...depending on which INTENSITY grouping one is looking at.

Weider X ST is nice for a change - I would say - definitely worth the price.

T.

I just did my first workout and I really liked it. It was a modern body weight workout with a positive, encouraging instructor. It is 30 minutes which is great for when you don't have much time. One thing I really liked was the lack of equipment. It is a perfect hotel room workout. In fact I plan on taking it with me when I travel this weekend. I am very happy and impressed given the price. :p

The three workouts that specifically come to mind as most similar are:
Core Cardio Circuits
Drill Max
HIIT (all three)

ooooh those are some of my favorite Cathe's. I had my eye on this but wasn't sure but now I think I may cave.

are all the workouts different enough? Like is level 1 just an easier/slower version of level 8 or do they all have different moves?

I bought this one today at Walmart after seeing the thread on VF and seeing that it was on sale.

I previewed a few and from what i can tell the workouts do get progressively more challenging and there are different moves or a more difficult version of a move as the weeks progress. I think it's a nice change from equipment heavy workouts and there is a great emphasis on core strength which is why I bought it.

It was 30 at Walmart. I believe you can get it for that price on the website as well. It was on the endcap of the aisle with a $40 price sticker on it, but when I scanned it it was 30. It comes with those perfect pushup type things, but I just used my Turbo Tower for the pushup segments.

I did the first workout tonight and enjoyed it. Of course not Cathe (no one is...) but still felt like I got a good workout, a solid no nonsense mix of core conditioning with a little cardio mixed in.

Last edited:
This program had so much good feedback on the VF website I couldn't resist. I purchased it today at KMart.

I have done nothing and I mean nothing for 6 months. This program appealed to me since it used no equipment except for the pushup things (which oddly enough, I already had so now I have a 2nd set).

I am just so overwhelmed with getting back into shape that a program that used only body weight as resistance was very appealing.

My goal is to do this 8-week program and get back the confidence and strength to do Cathe again.

So any feedback from anyone who has done any or all of this program would be greatly appreciated!

I have been looking at this set. It's been a bit since this thread was started and I wanted to see if people still like/love it and if they got good results from it. Thanks!!!!

I received X-Factor for Chrismtmas and I finally started it last week. I'm in week 2 and am enjoying it. In the workouts he only does two rounds of exercises and I like my hour workouts so I scan back to the start of round 2 and repeat it a 3rd time. The only thing I'm not real fond of is the cool down. I wish it was longer. I do more stretching on my own afterwards, which is fine too.

Brenda

For the price it is a MUST BUY ..

I liked it and didnt think I would .. it is a good overall body workout - a lot of focus on the core - it does build and get harder - now nothing compared to Cathe .. NO WAY .. but for anyone looking for a good shorter workout - one that could be done at lunch - or on the road - or on vacation - it is for sure worth the money -the instructor is not annoying - and the quality not that bad!

yes the cool down is not that great .. but we all know how to cool down and stretch!!

for the price - go for it!! (got mine on a roll back at walmart $24.99)

I LOVED it!! X-Factor ST is the very first rotation of any kind that I finished - no substituting, no skipping days, no nothing - following it exactly as is. At first I didn't think I would be able to finish it because I figured it would get harder and harder and it did to a degree but definately doable.

I will definately be doing another rotation again and use the other DVDs as add ons. It was a great purchase for me!

I fell off of the workout wagon but I really need to get back on it!

...Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.