Weekend Check-in, Saturday & Sunday, March 9 & 10, 2024

Good morning everyone!

Today was my "The Firm" Saturday workout as I am trying to alternate a Saturday
workout between a CatheLive and a Firm workout. Last week was CatheLive.

Today's workout:

The Firm-Bootcamp 3 in 1 Mix- Workout # 1- 42 min.

Hope everyone enjoys their workout today if you plan on doing one, and hope all of you
have a good weekend. Anita, thinking of you..............

Good Morning Everyone,

Today I committed to a 30 minute workout as I got most of my admin work done last evening - yeah. I did Cathe's live weight plate abs (looooved) - 20 minutes as I didn't do her stretch. I added on 10 minutes of BJ Gaddour Delta Fit cardio.

Great workout this morning Linda. I recall women loving the Firm years ago. Are they still around?

Lannette - WTG on your reaching your health goals. You must feel amazing and accomplished!

Waves to Nora, Annette and Anita. Have a great day everyone.

Hi Siobhan, great workout! Wasn’t that Live Weight Plate Abs great? I even
purchased the download, to have if internet down, etc. Good stuff!

Yes, I used to love the Firm and have about every workout they put out, as well as about
all the FitPrimes, which was put out by Anna Benson, who developed the Firm.
I don’t think they are around now, maybe some of the girls stream, etc. but there hasn’t
been any Firm workouts for years. After Anna passed away, some years ago,
Fitness Favorites ( a lady that was a friend of hers, kept things going awhile, they
even found some workouts that were never put on dvd, etc. and they were put on
dvd. Sorry for the long explanation:)

Happy Saturday to all!

Linda, Nora and Siobhan thank you for your congrats and for sharing my joy. Nice workouts from everyone yesterday!

Linda and Siobhan, you have me convinced to eventually download Cathe’s live Weight Plate Abs. I love her STS 2.0 Weight plate warm-up and workout. I believe I can do that with my iPad Pro these days.

Linda I have a DVD binder with all but a few of the Original Firm workouts. I even have the “Death Box” DVDs, though not the actual box. (Remember that?) That Binder also holds all of Anna’s two other DVD series and Tracie Long’s various DVD Series.

Such good memories! They gave me one of the leotards that was worn in one of the workouts.

I was blabbing away so much that I forgot to check in! :oops:

I did Essentrics Body Sculpting Series Ab Flattening & Waist Sculpting 30m + Slings Foundation: Strengthening Spirals & Ease in Hips & Spine 29m

This two together were much more synergistic than I even imagined.

you have me convinced to eventually download Cathe’s live Weight Plate Abs. I love her STS 2.0 Weight plate warm-up and workout. I believe I can do that with my iPad Pro these days.
You’ll love it…yes, I think you can download directly to IPad as long as it has at least
IOS 13 & up. It’s about 25 min.

even have the “Death Box” DVDs, though not the actual box. (Remember that?) That Binder also holds all of Anna’s two other DVD series and Tracie Long’s various DVD Series.
LOL! The death box, yes indeed I remember and even owned it…..got rid of it many
moons ago!! :). I do think I still have some of those dvds too…. I had the Transfirmer
too, but got rid of it a long time ago. It was far better than the other, but it was 2
pieces and just bulky I thought. I still have my FannyLifter ….:). Still use it from time
to time.
They gave me one of the leotards that was worn in one of the workouts
How neat is that !!!

You’ll love it…yes, I think you can download directly to IPad as long as it has at least
IOS 13 & up. It’s about 25 min.

LOL! The death box, yes indeed I remember and even owned it…..got rid of it many
moons ago!! :). I do think I still have some of those dvds too…. I had the Transfirmer
too, but got rid of it a long time ago. It was far better than the other, but it was 2
pieces and just bulky I thought. I still have my FannyLifter ….:). Still use it from time
to time.

How neat is that !!!
I never had the Transfirmer. I used to teach step so I got one of the original steps from the gym I taught at. I have three original wooden Firm Boxes. (12”, 14”, 17”) I painted them black. I wish I had gotten a 10”. I like the high step but still prefer my old boxes.

25m is perfect! Hopefully Verizon doesn’t mess the download up.

Happy Saturday & Weekend;)

Linda- WOW so cool! I love the Firm workouts, they were so good. I know you had a super fun and great workout today with:

The Firm-Bootcamp 3 in 1 Mix- Workout # 1- 42 min-WTG & high fives:) Such fun memories, leg warmers, and leotards. Let's not forget the fanny firmer or firm stick (3 parts). Good tiimes:)
Enjoy the rest of your day & weekend;)

Siobhan- Congrats on getting admin work done last night. Excellent job on today's workout with:

Cathe's live weight plate abs= 20 Min - the stretch
I added on BJ Gaddour Delta Fit cardio= 10 Min
High fives you got the 30 Minutes of workingout in that you wanted;) Awesome!

Have a good Saturday & weekend;)

Lannette- Again so happy for you on your results. Very nicely done with:

Essentrics Body Sculpting Series Ab Flattening & Waist Sculpting = 30 Min
+ Slings Foundation: Strengthening Spirals & Ease in Hips & Spine = 29 Min

Awesome workout today. Have a wondeful day & weekend;)

Annette- I hope you are having a great Saturday & weekend. Take care and if workingout have a fun one;)

Anita- Hoping you are doing better and I'm sending you positive vibes and healing wishes and prayers too!

Here's today's workout:

YT- Kaleigh Cohen Strength -Live WORKOUT WITH ME!- 30 Min Full Body Streng. Training w/ Dumbbells= 37 Min

YT- Kaleigh Cohen Cycling- LIVE Indoor Cycling Workout!- 45 Min Cycling Class + Encore= 57 Min

Have a blessed day & weekend ladies;)

Nora

Nora, nice workout today with YT- Kaleigh Cohen Strength -Live WORKOUT WITH ME!- 30 Min Full Body Streng. Training w/ Dumbbells= 37 Min & Kaleigh Cohen Cycling- LIVE Indoor Cycling Workout!- 45 Min Cycling Class + Encore= 57 min. Enjoy your evening &
Sunday.

Good Morning Everyone,

Today I did a mix of Cathe Live Fierce Lower Body Express (30 minutes) and added on another few segments of BJ Gaddour from Delta Fit. That phase 3 is fun and challenging - 13 minutes. In the Live workout it seems Cathe gathered the regulars. I just love seeing the Cathletes.

Nice workouts everyone. Some solid time put in from us. Have a great Sunday.

Happy Sunday to all!

We’re having a heavy snow fall. There’s about 6” out there with 8 or so more to come. Ahhh spring in the North Country.

Today was KettleBell Boomer Strength 45m, Seated UB 6/10: 10m - This is one of my favorite KB DVDs.

Who does this dvd? And is the seated UB a kettlebell as well & part of it? BTW, nice
workout :)
Andrea Du Cane created it but the DVD is OOP. HERE is a clip. It looks like you can purchase the download. I was going to do that but was told it isn’t chaptered and there are two full workouts along with a bunch of practice chapters. I ended up purchasing a used DVD. I have exercise lists for both workouts on my blog.

The seated UB is 6 simple UB DB movements I used to teach my Cardiac and Pulmonary patients. Over head press with palms facing each other (easier on shoulders & less likely to cause impingement), Anterior lift palms facing each other (same reason), Lateral raises arms in a “v” halfway between side and front. (Same reason), Biceps Curls, Hinge forward with right foot slightly forward Lat Rows, Hinge forward with left foot slightly forward Triceps Kickbacks.
I do 10 slow reps of each exercise with a slight accent on the Eccentric contraction. I use about 3 counts up and 4 counts to lower.

Part of my new Medical Keto program is to emphasize a variety of resistance training in order to help trigger autophagy. I also want to continue to rebuild my shoulder and chest musculature. I lost a lot when I was recovering from my neck injury. This little resistance ditty builds muscle for me. I’m eventually going to do it on my knees to trigger more core strengthening, maybe with Cathe’s plates in place of DBs. Maybe as a second set.

Wow, thanks for your explanation Lannette….very interesting….you certainly know
”your stuff”! :). Now, when I have a question, I know who to ask…thanks again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.