Weekend Check in Saturday August 10th & Sunday August 11th, 2019

CeciFifi

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

Today I did half of a Cathe live for legs - she was going to repeat the moves so I moved on. It was really good! I added in PUB chest/biceps and my own looooong stretch.

Glad to see all of us checking in yesterday. And now... there are 4 of us. Yeah! No pressure Abveyera. Please let us know a bit more about yourself if you feel comfortable sharing :)

I am in the office most of the day today. BBQ at friends tonight.

See you all tomorrow.

Rest day here too. Got my hair done this morning and maybe Sam's Club later.

Have a great day!

Well, now that I’ve been called out ;) ...

Wave
Hey y’all. I’m Anita, 42, mom of four (two boys, two girls), former Cathlete (pre-babies), SAHM, gettin my butt back in gear after years of stress and flailing around. My oldest two kids (11 and 9) have Autism, I have a 7-year old, and my youngest (3) just potty trained. I homeschooled all the children (10 years) until last Fall. They go to “regular” school now, so I have a little more time and energy to take care of myself. (Thank God.)

5’9”
Starting weight January 1, 2019 230lbs (gulp)
Current weight August 10, 2019 218lbs
Goal weight Summertime, 2020 150lbs

Counting calories and macros (sensibly) and working out with Cathe, 5-6 days a week, emphasis on weight training.

Nice to meet you!

PS Oh, and today was Gym Style Legs (Timesaver #2, 49 mins or so). I sweated like a damn hawg. But it is now in the books. I did pretty well. I know the more I do the workouts, the easier they will get, so I’m not too worried about perfect reps or trying to match Cathe’s working weight. Just learning!

Thanks for sharing Anita! I have two daughters and both are heading to the same town in September for university (rival universities - one english and one french). We shall see if they spend time together. And congrats on getting back into Cathe. Good luck to you! Weight training helped me drop about 4 dress sizes after my second child and keep the weight off for good. Love Cathe.

Lisa - the beach? I wish I had the motivation to hang at the beach. There just always feels like so much to do. Maybe once the girls are gone I will feel less busy.

Annette - hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Today I did more Spinning/sculpting from Studio Sweat on demand. Amazing class. I added on Cathe Lite triceps. Now - to stretch.

have a great day everyone.

Hi all

Anita welcome to the group. I am a 52 yrs old woman from NJ. I am married with 2 kids a 24 yrs old son and 22 yr old daughter .
My son is done with school and lives and works an hour south of us. My daughter is in Baltimore MD doing her Master's in Biochem while applying to medical school.

Ceci I never had time to do anything when the kids were here. Now that we are empty nesters we are committed to spending the weekends relaxing and doing self care together. My husband and I are really enjoying it.

Hi Annette.

Today was a walk and yoga. I also had a massage and reflexology which was delightful.

Have a great day.

Hi Anita, I am a 55 year old former homeschooler . I homeschooled all of my kids all the way through high school. I have 3 sons, a 27 year old, a 25 year old and a 22.5 year old.

I have been right where you are weight wise. Though I am a tad shorter at 5 ft 6.5in. currently weighing 183. But I can wear a size 8 comfortably and sometimes a 6 so don't pay so much attention to the number because before kids and before Cathe that number would have easily been a size 14-16.
Muscle building reshapes the body as you probably already know.

Glad you joined us.

Ok, after too many humid evenings to count, I finally took a 40 minute walk by myself, roughly 2 miles.

I will be sore tomorrow since I haven't walked in more than a month.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.