Wedding Dress Workout

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Hey ladies, I posted this to Cathe this morning, right before she left for Texas -- oops! I thought I would post it here too, because I am sure that you all have some ideas for me.

By the way, I posted last week about my wedding dress "dilemma" and I promised you all an update, so here it is... I called David's, they agreed to exchange my dress, so I went Sunday to try on some more dresses. I ended up trying on about 15 more dresses, and in the end, know which one I loved the most? THE ONE I ALREADY HAVE!! So I didn't exchange my dress, and I feel 110% confident that it is MY DREAM DRESS. I guess that is what it took for me to know...

Anyway, on to the question... Any ideas?

Cathe,

In four months and three days, I will marry the man of my dreams. I have the perfect dress, the perfect setting (the beaches of the Outer Banks), etc. Of course, I want to look perfect in my dress.

I have been workout out with you for almost a year now, and I have lost about 15 pounds (of fat, I would assume) and gained plenty of muscle. I look fabulous, thanks to you.

What I am concerned about most now is having my upper body look especially buff and muscular in my strapless gown. I am finishing up a one month rotation with Gym Styles (which I love). I also have the Four Day Split and plenty of circuit workouts.

What would you recommend that I do for the next four months to really lean out and get that cut look in my upper body? I do not currently own Slow & Heavy or the Pyramids, but I will buy whatever you tell me to -- I trust you!

Thanks in advance, and thanks for helping me getting my body this far!!

Katie, I don't have any advice sorry! But maybe you could post this over in the rotations forum and get some expert answers. HTH!
LD

Do you have the Gym Styles? I think they would be good for getting that upperbody into shape. Congratulations on your wedding btw!

Missy

Katie,

I haven't done any of them, but you might want to try one of the Tank Top rotations. Just do an advanced search for "Tank Top" in the "Video & DVD Rotation" forum. There are quite a few!

Good luck!!!

I'm not sure you need tons more workouts - I think pushups do a great job in "buffing" your upper body.

Maybe incorporate more of those into your weight lifting routines. I haven't been lifting really heavy, but the pushups I have done increased my muscular look.

I absolutely agree that pushups are the way to go. I'm always amused by these "tank top" rotations - believe me, I've tried 'em - but I've found through personal experience that pushups work better than anything else for upper body definition. I just got the Perfect Pushs handles recently, and found that if you use these you have to do fewer pushups to get results. Ditch the weights - do pushups!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.