Web Interview that Cathe did...

Teals

Cathlete
I just came across this web interview Cathe did that appears to be from a few months back (prior to most recent road trips). Maybe it's already floated around the forum and I am again, late to the party. My time on the forum ebbs and flows so I try to soak in as much as I can while the getting-is-good.

I thought the interview was interesting once it got going. I always wondered what inspires Cathe to come up with her workouts. I found her response to that question interesting along with her insight into the benefits of "Cathe Live". At the end she even shows us some cute silver leopard print tennis shoes (or as you east coasters call them, sneakers.

I thought the shoe question was weird until Cathe gave her response. Then I was thinking that I need to get me some of the shoe laces that she mentioned. I won't bother with the shoes. I'm a size 12. Most of the cute women's athletic shoes only go up to size 11 or the size 12s are out of stock. I don't bother anymore.

Anyhow, here is the interview link, for those of you who have not seen it:

Enjoy!

Fitness Friend,
Teals

PS: If any of you know why the sleeve of Cathe's top extends to her hands like a partial glove, please enlighten me. I'm curious to know if its a trendy fashion type deal or something related to a particular type or workout.

Hi Teals,

I did come across this interview too. I thought of posting it here. Very glad you did.

To reply to your question about cathe's top. It's a sport top which fit the palm of the hand with the purpose of sliding the thumb through. This avoid the sleeves to roll back. I do have the same cut on my sport top. I can tell you they do come in handy during winter here in Europe. :)
They provide a flattering fit along the body. Shame I don't have my sports stuff with me. I would have taken a picture for illustration. [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]
I love this cut. I have few tops from the same brand.

Best regards,

Teals, the shirt sleeve is a trendy thing. I have a couple of shirts that have the thumb hole, with the sleeve that covers the hand. Very comfortable, and warm. Not very practical for work, especially if you are on the computer all day. Unfortunately a little too casual for my work. But the couple of shirts that I have, are my go shirts for home.

Teals - thanks for posting that - I hadn't seen it.

Those thumb holes are great for those of us with cold fingers, it's amazing how much warming the wrists helps!

Teals, thank you for posting this. I had not seen it. How inspiring is Cathe??? She's so friendly but professional. The interviewer was really good too. Who is she? Again, thanks for posting. Enjoyed it!

You are all very welcome. I never knew Cathe was doing these interviews. I wish it was practical for her to do a live Q&A webcast with the Cathletes but there are too many of us. I think the server would crash and she'd have too many questions to get to. Still, if they could work it out, I'd love to participate.

Thanks everyone that responded about the shirt. Maybe they have them here in southern California but I've never seen them. Now I'm curious to see what they look like.

-Teals

Hi Renee,

I hope you had a chance to listen to the audio interview that Cathe did a few years ago (whatever year she was inducted into the fitness hall of fame). THAT ONE was really interesting. She talks about how she and Chris finally got the company off the ground since distributors didn't want to sell her videos because they targeted advanced exercisers and no one knew who she was (i.e., she wasn't a celebrity)...and how one phone call changed everything. She even shares how the whole "road trip" thing got started. Its only 30 minutes but it addressed so many things I wanted to know.

The two interviews together gave a deeper insight into Cathe's mindset about the workouts she creates. Her humility, sincerity and respect for all of us seems to be what drives her to keep giving us the best workouts possible while keeping it safe. I hope she knows that its also what keeps us (if I maybe so bold as to speak for us...) coming back for more.

A special thanks to Nathalie for posting it in this thread. She's really a gem in the forum, helpful with information and at times, keeping the peace. ;)

-Teals

Last edited:
Yes I agree! I enjoy Nathalie posts and information.
No I have not seen the other interview Cathe did! Is it on here as well some where ? You are right I think all of those things u mentioned is what keep us coming back I do love Cathes genuine caring. The fun workouts that are also effective !!

Its up a ways in this thread so I'm re-posting it here so everyone that wishes to can easily find it. It's audio only. Enjoy!

For people just coming in, this is a different interview than the one I posted at top of this thread. It is the same as the one Nathalie posted somewhere in the middle of this thread.

Enjoy!

Thank you so SOOO much for posting these interviews, Teals and Nathalie.....love you guys..,
Just by seeing Cathe, it gives me adrenaline rush (even if she's not working out [emoji12]).....what an inspiration SHE is[emoji4].
One MORE reason to workout today, along with SO many [emoji6].
Thanks guys....have an AWSOME day with an AWSOME (intense) workout[emoji12].

Last edited:
Hi Teals,

I did come across this interview too. I thought of posting it here. Very glad you did.

To reply to your question about cathe's top. It's a sport top which fit the palm of the hand with the purpose of sliding the thumb through. This avoid the sleeves to roll back. I do have the same cut on my sport top. I can tell you they do come in handy during winter here in Europe. :)
They provide a flattering fit along the body. Shame I don't have my sports stuff with me. I would have taken a picture for illustration. [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]
I love this cut. I have few tops from the same brand.

Best regards,

Has anyone seen fabletics.com? They have a very similar top to the one Cathe is wearing here -- blue workout hoodie with thumb holes. Perhaps the same one. They have a deal where you get a full workout outfit for around $25 (and free shipping/exchange/returns) when you sign up to be a VIP member. With the VIP membership, you are charged for and sent a new workout outfit every month. But you can just cancel your membership right away after you get the special intro deal. That's what I did.
The outfit that includes the top is called Drift, I think.
Here's the link:
Fabletics

Last edited:
Finally found the time to watch this video. Thanks for posting! I love the motivational comments Cathe made at the end. Her encouraging personality is one of the things that make her such an impactful fitness instructor. Also loved to hear about where she gets her ideas (skiing, chopping down trees, her kids sporting activities, etc.). Talk about functional fitness!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.