We want to start Cathe but ? about equip

deedeemac

Hi Cathe,

I've heard so many raves about your programs. DH and I run outdoors for pure cardio and use the Firm tapes for sculpting. I've reached my goal after losing 50 # so I'm maintaing and toning. DH has 20 # left to lose but is really interested in weight work for his upper body. I thought that CTX Upper Body would be great!! We've never tried a Cathe workout but are very curious. We're only interested in weight workouts, not step/cardio tapes (running works wonders for us already and well, there's only so much time in a day, esp. with kids).

Our question is: Can we use a tape like CTX Upper Body without a barbell or long step? All we have are dumbbells right now. Can we substitute dumbbells on the shoulders for the barbell work for the short term until we get $$ for a barbell? Or should we wait until we can afford all of the equipment? I'm dying to buy and try one of your tapes, but I worry about affording the extra equipment right now.

Keep up the great work! You've got a huge fan base over at the Firm Ya Yas site (as I'm sure you know!).

DD

I just did CTX Upper Body for the first time! I loved it. I too only use dunbbells and had absolutely no problems at all! I prefer using dumbbells for my upper body work anyway! If you were thinking of getting LeanerLegs, I use dumbbells for that one too. I keep my weights lighter than her on lower body though. Also her pyramid tapes are excellent and her Upper Body Pyr. only uses dumbbells! No, you don't have to use a long step if you don't have one. You can just lie on the floor for her chest work and tricep work.
Hope this helps!! Have fun-Susan

You can substitute dumbells for practically of all Cathe's barbell exercises, though I'd definitely start saving for a barbell, esp. for your husband b/c I'm sure he'll need more poundage for exercises like bench presses. You can do bench presses on the floor temporarily but would highly recommend either a long step or a weight bench that can incline. CTX Upper Body is excellent. I'd also recommend either the Pure Strength series, the Pyramids or Slow and Heavy for more of a heavier weight/lower rep complement to CTX. Have fun!!

Stacy

Thanks so much for your feedback. We can't wait to start with Cathe and the suggestions for CTX Upper Body sound perfect!

DD

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.