We are back from Nasvhille!!!!!!Nasvhille Star finals

dani21496

Cathlete
We are back from Nasvhille! We had a great time!! DH was in the Nasvhille Star final auditions!!!!

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=483551&mesg_id=483551&listing_type=search

My friend and her husband met us there and hung out with us. They live nearby. Everyone in that room waiting was very talented. They all (including DH) beat out about 30,000 people to be there at those finals. We had a great time! DH gave us all a mini concert while we were waiting and gave my friend some guitar lessons. While we were waiting one of the producers was walking around and Scott recognized him from the Milwaukee audition as one of the judges. He stood up and the producer saw him and said, "Hi Scott." and shook his hand. I thought that was so cool that he knew Scott's name out of all the thousands of people who auditioned earlier. That's a good sign!

He told Scott that he's sorry they're so behind and to hang tight and told us where we could run and get some food. So finally he was called! Outside the audition room they filmed him jamming with 2 other audition finalists. When he got inside they said they really liked his original song from the Milwaukee audition and asked him to sing it again. They told him, "Rock our world!". They all loved his original song!

So now we wait. They are only picking 10 for the show. We'll know in about 3-5 weeks, hopefully sooner!!!!

What was cool is we missed a blizzard on Friday. By the time we got to Nashville, it was 70 and sunny!!!

Here are some pictures!

My friend and Scott!
:+
http://danid.smugmug.com/photos/269775998_4YDF3-S.jpg

He's teaching her how to play "Achy Breaky Heart" heehee
http://danid.smugmug.com/photos/269776010_Y29Ai-S.jpg

http://danid.smugmug.com/photos/269776013_wiL8v-S.jpg

Dani, that is so exciting! How hard is it going to be to sleep while you are waiting to hear back? :p
I have my fingers crossed for you guys! :7

Missy

Missy! Yes, it will be tough waiting! We'll have to try not to think about it too much! If that's possible!!

>ETA: i just saw the youtube clip linked from your blog. very
>awesome!!!
>
>kassia

Kassia, yes! That's when he opened up for Montgomery Gentry a year ago in front of over 3000 people. Hearing all the cheers and screams at the end gives me goosebumps!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D3TUoo8KPw

RE: We are back from Nasvhille!!!!!!Nasvhille Star fina...

Wow, How exciting!:) Let us know the results. What a fantastic experience!!!!!

AWESOME.

Congrats :)

Is he signing autographs? :p

Penny

Out of how many finalists are they picking the final 10? I would be going just nuts waiting for the final word! How long is the whole telecast competition? I never watched the show so I was wondering how much time is involved from start to finish. Am. Idol seems just eternal from February till May.

Congrats and good luck Scott!

Dani how excited are you:7 You must be bustin at the seams!

Thanks so much everyone!!! I'm not exactly sure how many finalists there were. It didn't seem like that many when we were there in Nashville.

The show airs for 8 weeks.

It's going to be really hard to wait! But, whatever happens he's doing what he loves! Shows almost every weekend, opening for big names... He's living his dreams already. Some promoters are working on him opening for Sugarland, Little Bigtown and maybe Chris Cagle again. All this year.

I'm really happy he made it this far!!!! At the Milwaukee auditions he saw a lot of people coming out of the audition room in tears. But, for him....he was recognized, they had great things to say about him and his music. He went really far in these auditions. We had a nice little getaway road trip to Nashville too!!

His band and friends threw him a surprise send off party last Thursday. They made signs and they were all there for him. It was awesome!

It's all good whatever happens!!!

RE: We are back from Nashville!!!!!!Nashville Star fina...

Ohh! I just realized I spelled Nashville wrong in my title and in my first post. Too much excitement and trying to type too fast! Oops!

Dearie, if you'd spelled your own name wrong, we would have understood!

>Dearie, if you'd spelled your own name wrong, we would have
>understood!

Aw!! Thank you! :D

Pardon my dumb question if you'd answered this before - does DH play music just on weekends and work a "day job"? If so, what's his day job? Just curious - I marvel at people who are bold enough to put their lives on hold to follow their dreams like this - I think it's great! You have to go for the gusto! Can't you just see him 5 years down the road competing on Celebrity Apprentice like Trace Adkins?!

>Congratulations. Are you guys from Milwaukee or did you
>travel there for the audition?

We are from the Chicago area and Milwaukee is just about an hour drive away. :) :)

>Pardon my dumb question if you'd answered this before - does
>DH play music just on weekends and work a "day job"? If so,
>what's his day job? Just curious - I marvel at people who are
>bold enough to put their lives on hold to follow their dreams
>like this - I think it's great! You have to go for the gusto!
> Can't you just see him 5 years down the road competing on
>Celebrity Apprentice like Trace Adkins?!

Heehee! YES!! I can see that!!

He does have a day job too! Even though he's been doing this for quite some time and makes good money with his band. The clubs pay his band very well since they are so good and they draw a big crowd. He still does work during the week for a treadmill and exercise machine manufacturer. He's also a handyman. :)

I also work full time as a software engineer.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.