We all....

DebbieH

Cathlete
...need a good laugh every day! A lil' off topic, but oh soooo funny! Grab a tissue for the tears! Read on:

"The First Time's Always the Worst"

The first mammogram is the worst. Especially when the machine catches
on

fire.

That's what happened to me. The technician, Gail, positioned me
exactly
as
she wanted me (think a really complicated game of Twister - right hand
on

the blue, left shoulder on the yellow, right breast as far away as
humanly

possible from the rest of your body). Then she clamped the machine
down
so
tight, I think my breast actually turned inside out. I'm pretty sure
Victoria's Secret doesn't have a bra for that.

Suddenly, there was a loud popping noise. I looked down at my right
breast
to make sure it hadn't exploded. Nope, it was still flat as a pancake
and

still attached to my body.

"Oh no!" Gail said loudly. These are perhaps, the words you least want
to

hear from any health professional. Suddenly, she came flying past me,
her

lab coat whipping behind her, on her way out the door. She yelled over
her
shoulder, "The machine's on fire, I'm going to get help!"

OK, I was wrong, 'The machine's on fire,' are the worst words you can
hear

from a health professional. Especially if you're all alone and
semi-permanently attached to A MACHINE and don't know if it's THE
MACHINE
in question.

I struggled for a few seconds trying to get free, but even Houdini
couldn't
have escaped. I decided to go to plan B: yelling at the top of my lung
(the one that was still working).

I hadn't seen anything on fire, so my panic hadn't quite reached epic
proportions. But then I started to smell smoke coming from behind the
partition. "This is ridiculous," I thought. I can't die like this.
What
would they put in my obituary? Cause of death: breast entrapment?

I may have inhaled some fumes because I started to hallucinate. An
imaginary fireman rushed in with a firehose and a hatchet. "Howdy,
ma'am,"
he said. "What's happened here?" he asked, averting his eyes.

"My breasts were too hot for the machine," I quipped, as my imaginary
fireman ran out of the room again. "This is gonna take the Jaws of
Life!"

In reality, Gail returned with a fire extinguisher and put out the
fire.

She gave me a big smile and released me from the machine. "Sorry!
That's
the first time that's ever happened. Why don't you take a few minutes
to

relax before we finish up?"

I think that's what she said. I was running across the parking lot in
my

backless paper gown at the time. After I'd relaxed for a few years, I
figured I might go back. But I was bringing my own fire extinguisher.

The end.

Hope you all laughed as much as I. Now, ladies, get those mammograms
but

be prepared.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Thank you for sharing your "hot" experience. It sure makes the routine visit seem like a merely "flattening" exam in comparison.
I am still laughing!!!

Jamie:)

Oh Debbie, I'm crying from laughing so hard.

I'm sorry you had to go through this and I'm sitting here feeling guilty thinking this was so funny, it must have been incredibly scary for you....BUT I REALLY needed this great laugh today and sometime I'll tell you why.

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS

Briee

Deb - you made my night with that story! Well-written, such a laugh - although it must not have been too funny at the time!

Ohhhh Debbie. I am laughing and crying for you at the same time. You must have been scared to death. I think I would have screamed louder than houdini!

I can't believe she left you there! What were you doing when she used the fire extinguisher?

Glad you and your boobs made it out alive! Seriously!

Ohhhh Debbie. I am laughing and crying for you at the same time. You must have been scared to death. I think I would have screamed louder than houdini!

I can't believe she left you there! What were you doing when she used the fire extinguisher?

Glad you and your boobs made it out alive! Seriously!

Oh Nooooo!

This is JUST an E-mail I received!!! It didn't REALLY happen to ME! Not to mention, I am NOT that good of a writer...WISH I WAS!!! I just wanted to share it with you all because I couldn't even get thru it the first time I read it I was laughing soo hard!http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/lach.gif Glad you enjoyed it!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Oh Nooooo!

Debbie - you are a STINKER! I wondered if it was a joke. However, you are so sweet and innocent (ha ha ha h) I had no reason to think you would tell a fairy tale.....

However, still made me laugh so I appreciate it. Just wait.... I'll get ya' back one of these days! ha ha ha ha I even told my hubby about it and he was laughing his head off!

Ha!

Seriously, I had NO intentions of anyone THINKING it was TRUE! I just got such a kick out of it, I wanted to share the laugh with everyone! Funny, I called my hubby in this morning and said, "Do they really think I wrote it or are the joshing with me????" Ha, now I got a good laugh out of you guys! Tee-Hee!

RE: Ha!

Debbie,

Just to let you know, I didn't think it happened to you. I thought you just got the story from somewhere and was sharing!

:p

Briee seeking revenge!!!!!

Okay Debbie, of course I didn't REALLY believe this happened to you, what do you think I am....incredibly GULLIBLE or something. x( x( x(

OF COURSE I BELIEVED THIS HAPPENED TO YOU.....I mean my word I called up everyone I knew and read them your story (okay I told my mom about it - so I exagerate)

Glad this really didn't happen to you!!!! I will get you back..........dee dee dee dee, dee dee dee dee (to the tune of the twilight zone). Beware of that next mammogram }( }( }(

Briee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.