Wanting to 'lean out". STS, Valerie Waters, or ??

kali1

Cathlete
I'd really like to lose some fat and lean out and gain strength. I've been trying to decide which program would more match my goals. STS, Valerie Waters AHB or _____________??

I LOVE Cathe. I've also heard some great things about Valerie Waters. I've already ordered Valerie's AHB series but now I'm thinking I should have gone with Cathe's STS program instead. Now I know I'll probably end up getting both sets in the long run but which set is more economical and which set would help me reach my goals? Cathe costs more yes but I know her staying power. I know the programs are totally different.

Suggestions or comments? Enable me please!!!

I think both programs are going to be great, but to lean out, your focus will need to be on making sure your eating is clean. When it comes to exercise, I think it's just best to do what you most enjoy, because as long as your eating is relatively clean, you'll still be lean.

I had STS, but as much as I loved it, I have to admit, I prefer total body circuit workouts in the style of Valerie Waters or kettlebells. I've noticed that I'm getting results with these workouts, but I think it's mostly because (1) I'm more consistent with them, due to their enjoyment factor and (2) I've really worked hard to clean up my eating. On the weeks where my eating is not clean, my fat loss stalls. No hiding from the cheats ;).

I think both programs are going to be great, but to lean out, your focus will need to be on making sure your eating is clean. When it comes to exercise, I think it's just best to do what you most enjoy, because as long as your eating is relatively clean, you'll still be lean.

I had STS, but as much as I loved it, I have to admit, I prefer total body circuit workouts in the style of Valerie Waters or kettlebells. I've noticed that I'm getting results with these workouts, but I think it's mostly because (1) I'm more consistent with them, due to their enjoyment factor and (2) I've really worked hard to clean up my eating. On the weeks where my eating is not clean, my fat loss stalls. No hiding from the cheats ;).

No lie there. Diet is totally the key.

Question for you....Do you still use STS on occasion as part of a rotation?

I think both programs are going to be great, but to lean out, your focus will need to be on making sure your eating is clean.
;).

100% agreement! ANY reputable trainer, coach, fitness guru will tell you upfront - LEANING OUT is about diet! - Cardio & Strength training enhance & assist but its the clean eating in moderate caloric deficit(to lose weight) that is the real "magic pill".

You have to test your body as far as the activities & what it does for your body. My magic leaning formula is: Ultra Clean Diet- slight deficit in calories - Intense Cardio 3x per week (30-40minutes) + Moderate to Heavy lifting 3-4x per week.

The "magic" that lifting/cardio brings is different for every person. Lots of Cardio "may" be your personal "magic bullet" but if it spikes your hunger levels so high you cant control your eating then its NOT good.

Start with cleaning up the diet- to 90-95% adherence and then find your perfect exercise routine. I change my exercise (shock the body) by cross training in both lifting & cardio but the formula that works for my body always has & always will be the foundation. I may lift moderate (Meso 2) but add in some endurance zingers...I may do heavy leg strength training 1 day and plyo or non-weighted legs the 2nd day... All of that without a clean diet doesnt do a bit of visible good tho.

kali1: I ended up selling STS on eBay since I knew I was probably not going to do that rotation again. It was really, really good, but just not for me in terms of enjoyment factor. I figure if I have to something consistently for results, I'd better enjoy it enough to do it over and over again ;).

I must confess, though, every now and then, I'm tempted to re-order it.

kali1: I ended up selling STS on eBay since I knew I was probably not going to do that rotation again. It was really, really good, but just not for me in terms of enjoyment factor. I figure if I have to something consistently for results, I'd better enjoy it enough to do it over and over again ;).

I must confess, though, every now and then, I'm tempted to re-order it.

I hear ya Jennifer. I've sold things and later regret it and repurchase it.

So diet aside....which program do ya'll recommend?

I've discovered that my body responds best to circuit training with moderate weights, so I'm sticking to Valerie Waters' workouts and kettlebells for the time being.

I hear ya Jennifer. I've sold things and later regret it and repurchase it.

So diet aside....which program do ya'll recommend?

Hi where can you purchase Valerie Waters? Is there some site you can view them as well? Thanks, Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.