Wanted to follow up

MARY1616

Cathlete
My mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer on Thursday. She was released from the hospital today and the dr. finally told her about the cancer. I feel so horrible for her 1st finding out about the cancer and then she has not had a cigarette since her surgery. She is really having a harder time with the cigarettes than the cancer. I quit smoking 5 1/2 years ago so I do know what it is like, but I feel so helpless. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to her them. We find out tomorrow or Friday how much chemo she will need. My dr. said it would be fine if I went with her as lone as I dont touch anything. Thanks for your support!!

Mary, thanks for the follow up. I too am an ex-smoker & know how difficult it can be to kick the habit. Is she able to use a nicotine patch or Wellbutrin for smoking cessation?

I would recommend prayer & joining a support group. Your mom certainly needs you right now, but remember to take care of yourself (as shopaholic said).

Please continue with updates. ;) You & your mom will continue to our prayers. ;)

**Melanie**
Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Mary--quitting smoking was one of the hardest things I have ever done, so I sympathize with your mom. I hope she is able to hang in there. Thanks for keeping us posted and like the others said, make sure and take care of yourself too.

Maggie

Another previous smoker here. It was one of the hardest things I had to do as well. I can only say to be there for your Mom as best as you can and take care of yourself as well.

Yikes, Mary...I just wanted to say that I am so sorry to hear this. I did not see your original post. :-(

Like another poster said, PLEASE do not forget to take care of YOU as well as your mom. You need to be there for her but don't neglect yourself. You are carrying something precious inside you and you need to remember that! Your mom would agree, I am sure! :+

Take Care sweetie!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.