walking/running shoes for winter

mom2kttj

Cathlete
I need to buy some mainly walking shoes (I also like to jog once a week) that will help keep my feet warm and not as wet. I get outside to walk the dog and within 10 steps water has gone straight through the mesh on my Ryka's. Plus even if its not wet my feet end up being freezing cold. I can't make myself do it if I know I'm gonna be a popsicle when I get home. I don't expect to be able to walk through a puddle or anything but a little waterprofing properties would be good. I wondering if I should go for a leather shoe? Any recommendations?

Sarah

Hi Sarah!

I owned these bad boys a few years ago when I would walk to/from the subway station in really crappy weather while working in downtown Toronto. The sidewalks and streets were always slushy & wet (from all the cars & people), so I needed durable shoes

Montrail | Shop Women’s Trail Running Shoes

Aside from my boots (protection from heavy, deep snow) I wore these. Stylish & very protective & warm. PM me if you have any questions!

Tash

Walking on the sidewalks here in western MI, I wear all-weather rubber boots from LL Bean. With shoes, I would slide and also as you mentioned, feet get wet & cold. Today, I was able to wear some Grasshoppers to do errands. They are leather and keep me dry.

I walk my dogs in rainy, snowy crappy weather and my favorite shoes are from landsend they are called womens snow trekker. They keep my feet warm and dry. And they are on sale now for $28.00 !!

I just bought Skeetchers Fitness they were $39 at the store. I tried them out first. (been working out since 1982) They are the most cushiony sneakers I've ever gotten. out of a possible 10 they rated an 8 as is. but once I put my exercise cushion insoles inside they became a 10!
I can't wait to go use them again.! I can't believe how much easier the cardio sections in my (rented) Firm tape became. :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.