Waaa! Frustrated!!

Got up this morning and was all set to workout with the Cathe Cam! I was so excited! Then the darn thing wouldn't come up. Worked fine on Mon when I stopped in for a peak to see what a real Cathe class was like. I was so PUMPED! Dog gone it I just had to share my disappointment. Guess I will have to wait for my circuit tape comes in to give it a try. BOO HOO BooHoo!!
Whining in Texas--I even remembered the time difference

Trouble with Windows Media

I'm getting timeout failures on Windows Media. Netscape is working but is so choppy it's hard to make anything out. Is it just me having this problem? I have a cable modem so connection speed is not an issue.

Windows Media keeps shutting off for me too:-(

I get about 3 seconds of sound and then it freezes and maybe once every minute (at most do I get 3 seconds again
sad.gif
I was so looking forward to seeing Circuit Max....

The music (from what I could hear) was great, though.

Sound, not much Video

I'm getting all the sound with Media Player, but the picture comes on for about 2 seconds, goes back to solid blue for about 5 seconds, etc., etc. Must be too much traffic?

same here

Same thing's is happening here. It's going in and out on both netscape and windows.

Me too, Joni

I was getting a lot of blue screen, but had the sound. It's funny...Cathe's cueing is so great, even though I could not SEE it, I could picture exactly what she was doing, LOL! The picture did come back..but I am off to the gym right now.

Cathe - this workout looks (and sounds!) GREAT! Tough stuff! Whew!

Suzanne M.

Me too.

I though it was because I had a bad connection. Glad to hear it is happening to others- I would have thought I needed a better computer, and never bothered again. Now I know there's hope.

Some Pointers

You need to use IE 5.0 not Netscape if you are going to use Media Player. Your connection speed and server traffic will also determine the quality of picture. Also, we did have a power switch problem for abou 5 minutes during the broadcast. This made us lose the picture, but not sound for 5 minutes.

Update

Well, after I posted the previous message, I went back to Cathecam and things were much improved: the sound was basically on the whole time and I got picture maybe 2/3 of the time.
Meanwhile, what a great workout!!!
I'll have to modify for the impact (bad knees), but it looked very intense and fun; loooved the music!
One happy camper here. Now when were we going to get those tapes?????

I did use IE 5.0...

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-00 AT 02:04PM (EST)</font></center>

The error I was getting with Windows Media was a connection timeout. It would say "Connecting with server" across the bottom, then time out and finally say, "An unknown error occurred." I wasn't getting sound like most of the others were. Again, I have a cable modem so connection speed is definitely not the problem. It was working for me about 15 minutes before the class started, when it was just a blue screen. Netscape worked throughout most of the class but was very choppy. (When I say Netscape, I mean the Netscape option on the CatheCam screen, not Netscape the browser.)

FWIW, I just checked again and Windows Media is not working for me now either.

Cable Modem

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-00 AT 02:04 PM (EST)The
>error I was getting with Windows
>Media was a connection timeout.
>It would say "Connecting with server"
>across the bottom, then time out
>and finally say, "An unknown error
>occurred." I wasn't getting sound
>like most of the others were.

This could of been during the period we had a power switch fail. During this time we lost power to the cameras. It lasted about 5 to 10 minutes.

> Again, I have a cable
>modem so connection speed is definitely
>not the problem.

Cable modems are generally much better than a 56k modem, but not always. I've had a cable modem for two years and they have a lot of problems. If you have a lot of people on your node online at the same time you are, your performance will be greatly diminished (sometimes to less than the speed of a 56k modem). I watched the Cam on a DSL line today and it was working great (except for the 5 to 10 minute problem. Also,you will notice that during the summer the internet slows down due to all the kids online. You may also need to make some adjustments on your end to your media player settings.

It was
>working for me about 15 minutes
>before the class started, when it
>was just a blue screen.
>Netscape worked throughout most of the
>class but was very choppy.
>(When I say Netscape, I mean
>the Netscape option on the CatheCam
>screen, not Netscape the browser.)

A few things. You do not want to use the Netscape option with IE. It will work but will be slow and choppy. You need to use the Netscape option with a Netscape browser and Micrsoft Media Player with IE 5.0 only.

>FWIW, I just checked again and Windows
>Media is not working for me
>now either.

That is okay, Media player will not work when we are not broadcasting.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.