Vo2Max test results

eraslan

Cathlete
I had a Vo2Max test done recently, and I thought I should share some of the results (attached).

To me, the most interesting part is the fact that the fat calories I burn initially increases with higher heart rate, but then starts decreasing. It seems like this is consistent with anecdotal evidence (that I gathered here as well as videofitness.com forum) that people experience best fat loss results with either long lower intensity or short higher intensity interval training workouts (in addition to clean eating and strength training).

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 37
I just had mine done two weeks ago and didn't get the cool fat burning analysis. Or at any rate, they didn't show it to me and the graph in my book of info is a little confusing. I just know my VO2max and that it is excellent (thanks Cathe). :)

Wasn't it kind of fun to see the results? The test is not fun, though.

Wow, that is so interesting. Where did you go to get that done?

I came across with a company called New Leaf on the web. They offer the testing at various fitness centers, so I found one near me from their web page and made an appointment. I am also supposed to get an electronic file that I can use with my Garmin Forerunner HRM but they did not get around to doing that yet.

Last edited:
I just had mine done two weeks ago and didn't get the cool fat burning analysis. Or at any rate, they didn't show it to me and the graph in my book of info is a little confusing. I just know my VO2max and that it is excellent (thanks Cathe). :)

Wasn't it kind of fun to see the results? The test is not fun, though.

Yes, it was fun to see the results. The test was ok for the most part but at the very end I was gasping for air, so that part was not fun. My results came out to be excellent too--which was somewhat surprising since I started exercising regularly in mid September after a long break. This is almost entirely due to Cathe. (I did some Cardio Coach too but not as much so far).

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.