Vitamix???

Nanbo

Cathlete
Thinking about biting the bullet and getting a Vitamix since I've been making my own nut milk and more smoothies. I have an old Oster blender and a dying Magic Bullet that have served me well, but I want to make my own nut butters and grind my oats for flour. I also like consolidating 2 appliances down to one. Anyone want to chime in on this? :)

Question, does the Vitamix always heat stuff up that you blend? If so, how hot? the only thing I noticed is they are quite loud. The butter & flour making idea is cool.

I don't have a Vitamix. I bought a Ninja Mega System 4 years ago and love it. I make nut butter, nut milk, smoothies, dips, and flours with it. The price was around $200.

I hear great things about the Vitamix , so I'm sure you can't go wrong with it.

Lorrie

I'd die w/o my Vitamix. I have the under-the-counter sized version. Had it for almost 6 years, and it is good as new. I tried a Ninja, it didn't work for me as I had hoped.

Vitamix is loud but no, it does NOT heat up all foods. I often use it to make "ice cream." You can make hot soups in it too. It's an incredible investment.

Get one. Best thing ever. I kept putting it off and comparing but then my Ninja blender broke. ( it couldn't blend a fork ) So after driving myself crazy over which one to get I finally decided if I was going to be stuck with it for a long time it might as well be The One. Got the Professional Series one ( silver ) and have lived happily ever after.
I tried making soup with it and it does heat it up. But I love it for smoothies and green smoothies ( you will notice the difference ) and ice cream/sorbets. I make Almond milk in it.
I don't think it would blend a fork either though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I, too, have been looking for a used VItamix for a very long time. They really do get bought up so quickly on Craigslist! There's no way I could afford a new one, so I am gonna keep on looking. :) I don't do smoothies, but it's great for grinding different sizes and weights of seeds, nuts, grains etc. which a vegetarian needs to have.

If you can afford it, get a Vitamix! We bought ours on QVC with easypay a few years ago. At one point, we had to send our container back due to a manufacturer defect (the company alerted us and send all prepaid packaging), but it was promptly replaced. We have the 7500 model and use it for so much (salsa-a few pulses and it's made, dough, smoothies of all kinds, Lara bar recipe with pitted dates, cheese, sugar that's too hard, etc). It's so versatile. Yes, you can make soup too. It heats up because of the friction. Cleaning is a breeze-just fill 1/2 with water, squirt some dish soap in, turn it on to level 10 for about 15 sec, rinse out. We've had ours for 7-8 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had my Vitamix since 2013. I love it! I really just use it to make smoothies but I recently got a dry container to make almond flour and my own cornmeal. I do make oat flour in the dry container but you can probably make it the regular container.

I bought mine from QVC. They seem to have the best deals.

Last edited:
I have to also vote GET IT! For years, my friends tried talking me into getting one, but my response was always "I use my blender maybe once per year", which was true. I even saw and heard what all they used theirs for, but I never cared to get one. Then, about 3-4 years ago I got one (Costco Vitamix 6300 with the automatic controls I didn't think I need but am so so so glad I got. Also got an extra wet container and a dry container - highly recommended).

When I brought it home, my guy asked why I got another blender since I don't use the one I had. I replied "I don't really know!"

That mixer is literally used a minimum of once per day when one of us is home, in fact my guy uses it more than I do! I can't even fathom NOT having it at this point and wonder how I got by without it.

Just today, I have used mine to make nut butter, almond flour, coconut milk, almond milk, sorbet, paleo pancake and a thai coconut milk soup. That is just today (yes, it is my day off, but even on work days it is used a minimum of once per day). I guarantee my guy is going to make a smoothie when he gets home. In fact, since I have three canisters (2 wet and 1 dry), I had to buy an extra dish drying rack. One is solely for the Vitamix components since something is always freshly washed and the other is for dishes.

Now I am that person who tries to talk other friends and family members into buying a Vitamix. My mom finally just got one when she visited me a few months ago after me raving about it. She joked the thing hasn't been dry since she bought it (meaning she is constantly using it).

I hope you get it and use it as much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.